Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Have To Cancel My Surgery. So Upset.

I can have a sleep study done, I'm sure it woudn't be a problem. I don't think I have it though.. Or is it something I woudn't know about? I had told my Dr. a while back that I wanted one because I was so sluggish all the time, and I'd wake myself with loud SNORT's, but i haven't done that in a long time, and my energy level is okay. think it could still be a possibility? I'll totally do it if it's going to help!

I am sorry to hear u had to cancel ur appt... I would b sad too but everything happens for a reason...I pray another door opens for you!

I don't have a clue as to what your situation is, and don't take this the wrong way, please, but it kind of sounds like you're giving up way too easily.

Go get your passport. You'll need it eventually anyway.

Are there things around the house you don't use that you could put on Craigslist? What about selling things on E-Bay? Any additional part time work you could do? What about on the weekends? Babysitting?

Again, I don't know your situation, but don't just give up. You can do this!

Oh im up for a challenge!!

Well, I'm a stay at home mom to 6 kids, ages 10, 8, 6, 5, 3 and 6 mos. We have a few small items to sell that comes to around 300 max. I've begged my husband to have a wild and crazy "let's just get the surgery and throw caution to the wind" kindof attitude, he said hell no. Which is probably wise. I've looked into bank loans, he says no payments. He's too worried about his job not being secure. I thought of family members that could front us the money and they all think I should " do that one diet that sells food in the store" and "oh honey, mx is way too dangerous, have you lost your marbles? " they are the type that will " always be there for you, whatever you need" until you need something. * that's embarrassing. *. I even thought about trying to do some sort of a raffle. I tried the insurance route and ad far as I can tell, there aren't any drs that are in network that do the sleeve. I don't want the band at all.

I'm at a loss. I'd love ideas! I'm over the pity party.

Sorry I'm on my phone.

I had written that I hight about asking members of he board to front us the money. And then wrote " that's embarrassing".

I think you should consider gaining until you are at 40. I am just at forty and had to gain 7 lbs to get there. That was pretty easy. Keep exploring the sleeve through your insurance. Most insurance companies are changing to allow the sleeve because it is actually less expensive to do than the bypass and the band when you consider the expense of fills. I would abandon the self pay option and aggressively go after the insurance option. If you don't have the money for self pay you don't want to add the stress to your family by going that route. I really think you can do this through your insurance you may just need to fight for it. Don't give up! :)

Buy yourself some ankle weights and use them for your appointment I know several people that did that! It can add up to 10lbs..wear a jacket and put Soup cans in pocket! Don't give up and best wishes to you

Well good news.

Or not? I bought scales and I actually weigh 10 lbs more than I thought!!! I never thought I'd be happy to say that I weigh 234 lbs lol.

I'm having a heck of a time finding surgeons in my area that do the sleeve

Good for you!! Don't give up!

I can have a sleep study done, I'm sure it woudn't be a problem. I don't think I have it though.. Or is it something I woudn't know about? I had told my Dr. a while back that I wanted one because I was so sluggish all the time, and I'd wake myself with loud SNORT's, but i haven't done that in a long time, and my energy level is okay. think it could still be a possibility? I'll totally do it if it's going to help!

I work in pulmonary / sleep medicine, and I just wanted to share my waaaaayyyy too many years of education. Most people have the misconception that you must snore loudly to have sleep apnea. While snoring and gasping for breath are symptoms of sleep apnea, there are some more subtle symptoms: headaches upon waking (lack of oxygen while sleeping), waking up to go to the bathroom (not sleeping 'deeply' enough that you wake up to go), waking up with a sore throat/dry mouth, insomnia/restless sleep, feeling tired during the day, moodiness, irritability, difficulty concentrating.