Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I just started my precertification process for my surgery. It takes 6 months so I am looking to have surgery in Dec/Jan. I am looking forward to the journey.

Hi I am new too.I am trying to get approved for the sleeve surgery. I was approved for the gastric because my insurance didn't allow for the sleeve. After being approved and waiting to get my paperwork from my heart doctor the insurance company started allowing the sleeve. Now I am waiting to get approval for that surgery. Good luck.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I'm new too!! I'm in Edinburgh Scotland! Age 30!! I have my appointment with the nurse today, and I've got that excited nervous feeling!!! I hope I'm suitable, really want to end this life long battle with my weight!! Xxx

Jess

Hi all' date='

I am new to this forum. I just started my precertification process for my surgery. It takes 6 months so I am looking to have surgery in Dec/Jan. I am looking forward to the journey.[/quote']

Hey dbritt!!

I am a native Oregonion and 30 years old.

I am new as well!! I think we are in the same place!! I am working on precertifications as well I have weighed in twice with my primary care doctor. Welcome!!!

I'm new too!! I'm in Edinburgh Scotland! Age 30!! I have my appointment with the nurse today' date=' and I've got that excited nervous feeling!!! I hope I'm suitable, really want to end this life long battle with my weight!! Xxx

Jess[/quote']

Hey Jess

I am in the USA on the west coast. I replied to dbritt as well. Thoiught it would be nice to reach out to others my age. I am 30 years old as well.

I am working on my 6 moths of medically supervised diet. I've been to the seminar and have my testing set up. Should be a long but fruitful journey.

Do you have a supervised diet? Mine is becauae the insurance says I need to.

Welcome to all the new folks! Good luck!

I saw my surgeon yesterday and now all I am waiting on is the insurance company. They have so many hoops to jump through! I have to talk to the dietician about every 3 weeks and a nurse a couple of times. The surgeon wants me to loose 15 lbs right before surgery to make it a little safer he says. I will do what ever it takes to get to surgery.

The dietician is wanting me to start some behavior modifications right now so not so much a diet but to learn how to make better choices to make surgery more successful. The diet my surgeon wants me to follow is similar to an Atkins diet. Just fruit, vegetables and meat basically.

No supervised diet! Yay!! It seems different in the uk, and plus I'm going private, so I could have my op in the next 4 weeks, which is super exciting!!!

I've so many gorgeous clothes, I can't wait to fit into again!

Go us!!!

Jess

The dietician is wanting me to start some behavior modifications right now so not so much a diet but to learn how to make better choices to make surgery more successful. The diet my surgeon wants me to follow is similar to an Atkins diet. Just fruit' date=' vegetables and meat basically.

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

Hi!

Agreed!! Insurance is tough!! I hope it goes smooth for you!!! How are your nutritional changes going so far? No carbs would be hard.

Sannah

No supervised diet! Yay!! It seems different in the uk' date=' and plus I'm going private, so I could have my op in the next 4 weeks, which is super exciting!!!

I've so many gorgeous clothes, I can't wait to fit into again!

Go us!!!

Jess[/quote']

Hi Jess!

Very exciting!!! ???? congrats!!! The clothes sure are motivating!! I would love to hear any updates you have!!!

I am excited to feel better and have better health. I have a baby and I want to lead by example for her.

Self-pay sure helps speed up the process. Does the hospital or doctor require any testing? We are required to have a sleep study, psychological evaluation, nutritionist appointments, blood work and be up to date on other exams with our primary care doctor. For me all of this is required from my surgeons office.

Hi all' date='

I am new to this forum. I just started my precertification process for my surgery. It takes 6 months so I am looking to have surgery in Dec/Jan. I am looking forward to the journey.[/quote']

Hi and welcome! We're in the same boat. I'm just beginning my process and am looking at surgery around Jan. it seems far away, but we can do this!!!

The dr does not want me to start that diet until a few weeks before surgery so I will not gain it back. It will be tough but I will get thought it.

Hi Jess!

Very exciting!!! dde03 congrats!!! The clothes sure are motivating!! I would love to hear any updates you have!!!

I am excited to feel better and have better health. I have a baby and I want to lead by example for her.

Self-pay sure helps speed up the process. Does the hospital or doctor require any testing? We are required to have a sleep study' date=' psychological evaluation, nutritionist appointments, blood work and be up to date on other exams with our primary care doctor. For me all of this is required from my surgeons office.[/quote']

I've met the nurse, and the surgeon, next week I meet the psychologist and dietion guy! It feels a lot easier than some of the stories I read on here! I am so excited can't wait for my new life to begin!!

Jess