Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

reading this made me feel so much better. Never realizd how food addicted I was until after I couldn't eat.

ikwa.....Me either......I really believe food is addictive!!!!

It does get better. Really. Trust me! *sigh* ok, I too have food issues. Three months post-op and I am still missing being able to comfort myself with food. But, being that I'm sleeved, I CAN'T ! And guess what ? That's a good thing. So a toast to the sleeve ! Long may it reign ! heh :)

so i wonder why it seems like different people have different post op diets cconner i really feel for you 4 weeks only liquids!! you poor thing thats awful i really give it up to you !! i know every doctors different but ive seen some with one week post op liquids and even one with 48 hrs??

I felt that way at the two-week mark, too. Actually, I still do from time to time (now exactly 2.5 months out), but pretty rarely. I just had a moment of that today when I opened the fridge to pull out my teeny-tiny supper, but I got over it really fast. And believe me that I was always a food lover as well - and could eat it in tremendous quantities, too. But there's actually something really liberating about not being hungry or eating all the time - it will take time, but I believe that it'll come to you, too. Right now, I think that the feelings that you're experiencing are pretty normal.

Gosh...4weeks of liquid diet..no wonder you miss food! I was allowed soft solids at 1 week post op....2-4 weeks..I was allowed to chew..now that I'm 6 weeks out I am down 33# and I eat whatever Protein and veg I make myself...with the going out thing..I have a very supportive hubby...I pick the entree...and I get 2 oz of meat and whatever steamed veg is offered and ask for a bread plate..viola..instant dinner..and now I ask for my drink in a to go cup...I got very tired explaining how I can drink when I eat...most wait staff were concerned that I wasn't satisfied..when in fact..I was fine. One wait staffer said oh I hope you get better! If she only knew! This is WAY better!

Sent from my DROIDX using VST

Gosh...4weeks of liquid diet..no wonder you miss food! I was allowed soft solids at 1 week post op....2-4 weeks..I was allowed to chew..now that I'm 6 weeks out I am down 33# and I eat whatever Protein and veg I make myself...with the going out thing..I have a very supportive hubby...I pick the entree...and I get 2 oz of meat and whatever steamed veg is offered and ask for a bread plate..viola..instant dinner..and now I ask for my drink in a to go cup...I got very tired explaining how I can drink when I eat...most wait staff were concerned that I wasn't satisfied..when in fact..I was fine. One wait staffer said oh I hope you get better! If she only knew! This is WAY better!

Sent from my DROIDX using VST

I went through so many feelings letting go of overeating too...glad I was put on 3 months of calorie restriction before being approved for surgery, it helped to have to track and turn in food journals. It was both educational and made me accountable. Even then I remember breaking down and crying at times because I could no longer go home and eat to my hearts content for emotional reasons...but what I learned was that the feelings passed and if I did not react to my cravings they dissapaited, and when it was time to eat I really savored it. Eating mindfully is a hard process to settle in with after decades of wolfing it down, but with the sleeve...(I'm 6 weeks post op) this works so well and now that I will begin full solids, salads and fruit....I am looking forward to the days ahead....and the old days of overeating are getting further and further behind me.

I feel you on the 4 weeks liquids. I am finishing up my 4th week now. Down 33 pounds though. So it's worth it. The chewing is the worst part. I miss it... Hang in there. It gets better.

It does get better tonight I had 3oz steak which is my favorite in the beginning I could not picture myself having steak again I did not have the baked potato I used to have because that would have meant less Protein

Sent from my SPH-D700 using VST

Thank you all... I have one more week of liquids....I think I can do it....I did try eating some cottage cheese today...3 tbs only.... I felt so full

I am right there with all of you. The first 6 weeks or so was hard. My family loves food and, while they felt somewhat bad about it, their eating habits didn't change so I was constantly surrounded by their fast food, garlic bread, Pasta, steak, all the things I loved that I couldn't eat. Once I got to the solid foods stage I would try to incorporate some of my old favorites and I quickly realized that my taste buds had changed. I don't know if it was the sleeve or the fact that I went so long without it but food that I used to LOVE and overeat daily I no longer found appealing. So, I started giving in to my cravings with the underlined understanding that I probably wouldn't like it, and it worked.

I craved a McChicken sandwich from McDonalds. Pre-sleeve I could have easily eaten three of them (PLUS a large fries) so I went and got one, took one bite, and was done. It tasted HORRIBLE. I haven't craved McDonalds since. Same thing with Taco Bell, french fries, and fried fish. I used to eat all of those things ALL the time, and I haven't touched them since. Not because I'm forcing myself not to but because I no longer find them appealing. They tasted bad, I don't want to eat them.

Every so often someone will eat something that I want, especially at baseball games. I'm a huge Texas Rangers fan and I go to a lot of games. I smell garlic french fries, nachos, cheese fries, etc. Same thing. If I REALLY want it, I'll try it. I tried cheese fries. Blech. Huge waste of $8. I try foods that I used to love and I haven't hurt my sleeve (I did another barium swallow recently, my sleeve is perfect) and I've lost 100 pounds in 4 months.

It may work for you, it may not, but its a constant learning process. You'll find foods you love that you can eat. Egg drop Soup is my new best friend. I loved it pre-sleeve, I love it post-sleeve. It's easy to eat, it's delicious, and it's full of Protein. Don't get discouraged. This is the best thing we could have done for ourselves and as that weight starts to fall off, all of those NSVs will start rolling in and you'll never look back.

Good luck!

Thank you kittenkate.... This site has really helped me alot! I have a hard time watching my family eat all the foods I love.... I haven't tried anything but cottage cheese, refried Beans and tuna salad so far.....I didn't eat much of it at all.....I have found That all the cravings I have soon go away.....My sweet husband it so good to me.... He's not got to go out to eat much because he says he knows how hard it will be on me.....Going out to eat was our lives for as long as we've been married (22yrs) so its hard on him too.....