Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thread Killers

Yep, me too. Tell us newbies the tales of the olden days, Laurend, pleeease.

have to admit you have my curiosity going too, what is so bad abiut cheese?

LOL ok...so here are the cheese tales.

There was a large feud started by a person on the boards that was very unhappy with another person on the board. The person who started it would create threads to tear this person apart and begin fights. The "Cheese brigade" would go into these threads and try to kill them by talking about cheese. Because they did not want to see the fighting continue. it was all truly a passive movement. Make cheese, not war. :( This fight also included the invention of the rants and raves section because the person starting threads would start them all over the board. Multiple screennames were created by the person picking the fight, and a few people joined her side and became quite venomous. All the while the cheese brigade would try hard to kill the thread. (the start of this thread was because of that fight as well) All told i believe 4 real people were banned. the person who picked the fight, two people who carried on the fight after her dismissal, and the person who was being attacked. The cheese brigade stopped their cheese throwing at that point because the fight was done.

that is the history of cheese on LBT.

As part of the cheese brigade I can assure you that it was just a tactic to difuse the situation. We all knew that the fight was going to lead to banning and we all did not want that. So we tried hard to get the fighting to stop. unfortunately those who wanted to continue the drama got mad about the cheese and would lash out about that.

I do not miss that time either sunshine. It brought out the worst in people, and it led to a lot of people feeling unwelcome.

Thanks Funny for taking the time to clue us in~!

When I was first posting at LBT, and didn't even have my band yet, I somehow (you know poor innocent me :nervous ) incurred the wrath of one particular person. I tried to gracefully bow out but she wouldn't stop and her pals joined in. It was just bloody awful. I was stunned. Right after that I learned that she and some of her cohorts in crime were banned. I hardly knew what hit me. Several really nice folks PM'ed me and that kept me from fleeing forever. I wouldn't be surprised if now they regret that move since I'm so opinionated. But the R & R section is pure therapy for me. And I've been able to correspond with so many very smart, clever and nice people. I've learned a whole lot!

Thank goodness they established the R & R area. It definitely seems to be doing the trick. If any of us get too het up and out of line, everyone jumps in and diffuses the situation by talking nice. It's cool.

Limburger anyone?

LOL ok...so here are the cheese tales.

There was a large feud started by a person on the boards that was very unhappy with another person on the board. The person who started it would create threads to tear this person apart and begin fights. The "Cheese brigade" would go into these threads and try to kill them by talking about cheese. Because they did not want to see the fighting continue. it was all truly a passive movement. Make cheese, not war. :( This fight also included the invention of the rants and raves section because the person starting threads would start them all over the board. Multiple screennames were created by the person picking the fight, and a few people joined her side and became quite venomous. All the while the cheese brigade would try hard to kill the thread. (the start of this thread was because of that fight as well) All told i believe 4 real people were banned. the person who picked the fight, two people who carried on the fight after her dismissal, and the person who was being attacked. The cheese brigade stopped their cheese throwing at that point because the fight was done.

that is the history of cheese on LBT.

Wow! So that's the story of l'histoire de fromage, as the French might say. Thanks a bunch for filling us newbies in, FunnyDuddies. Those really do sound like the Days of Terror. And the Cheese Brigade sounds brilliant, kinda like you were all channelling the spirit of Wisconsin or a Brie double creme. :clap2:

I took a communications class many years ago, in the '70's and one of the exercises we did was this:

The instructor removed two people, a man and a woman, from the class and showed them a photograph. They each then independently described the picture to the class. The man described an old and lonely woman, laden with groceries, trudging home in the snow. The woman then came in and described an old woman joyously getting out on the first warm day of spring, happily walking home in the sunshine through the melting snow. Two very different perceptions.

Who was "right"?

I know that there are several versions of what happened back then, that differ greatly from each other.

AND ON TO BRIGHTER THREAD KILLING SUBJECTS...

let's let the cheese age awhile

So this is probably a male version of what I will look like at goal. How is that for depressing?

Mmm, actually it's still better than where I've been.

post-206011-13813135021092_thumb.jpg

I was gonna say I'd do ya, but I wouldn't.:Banane40: I would be your friend, however. And if we were crossing the border I would hide a kilo or two in your folds of skin. :( Just think of all the money we could make,.......eh!:D Of course you know that I am just talking, don't you?:success1:

One thing is for sure, you've got your own parachute! LOL

I took a communications class many years ago, in the '70's and one of the exercises we did was this:

The instructor removed two people, a man and a woman, from the class and showed them a photograph. They each then independently described the picture to the class. The man described an old and lonely woman, laden with groceries, trudging home in the snow. The woman then came in and described an old woman joyously getting out on the first warm day of spring, happily walking home in the sunshine through the melting snow. Two very different perceptions.

Who was "right"?

I know that there are several versions of what happened back then, that differ greatly from each other.

Well, as one of the people who created the cheese brigade, and one of those who was attacked during this time, i can definitely state that I am right. :(

I can't believe I made it through this entire thread, ,that has been going on for almost a year. You are the funniest people in my small world, that's for sure!! Thank God for LBT.

Earlier you were talking about mamograms. I have the lady who gave me mine to thank for my band. She was talking about her band while she was doing mine and turned what would have been my not most pleasant experiece of the day, into the day I scheduled my banding surgery.

Alls well that ends well.

Unfortunately, I am not nearly as funny as all of you, so I will go back into lurkdom.

Actually if I had known what I stumbled into back then, I would have enjoyed the fray. I don't know whether I'd have taken the Cheddar side or the aggressive side, but I'd like to think I would have waxed poetic on the characteristics of a nice, ripe GOUDA!!