Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thread Killers

ohh...another thread killer...when people who decide they no longer want to read a thread....decide to post on the tread...announcing to every one, that they no longer care to read it and are going else where....ummm...if you dont want to read and u want to go some where else...then do so...announcing it on the thread just gives the thread another bump up the list. :speechles

ps. this thread is funny, me likes!

.....this thread. I think it is negative and only fosters more of the negativity that some of you are complaining about. Some of us ARE new and this forum is for all of us, not just those who have had their bands for a while. And need I remind you, we are all human? We all have weaknesses. Some may have been more successful at straying from temptation, others not as much. Be kind to one another. Geez. This isn't a bash site it's a support site. It is so discouraging to see a thread like this. Can't some complaints be kept to ourselves or voiced in private messages in order to comiserate? I try not to bother everyone with certain questions which I'm sure have already been answered (but I can't locate the answer), like when I private messaged someone to ask what DD and DH mean. They were kind enough to respond and in addition explain PB and some others to me. Can't you all remember when you were barely two weeks out etc.???? How were you treated? I'm assuming pretty well or you wouldn't have continued using the site. Also Just because you may have been able to abstain from giving in to temptation visa-vi food, doesn't make you a marty (sp?) Maybe your you have more difficulty in other areas of your life where, I for example, might be sronger. Who knows?

I just think that this thread is so insupportive and against the purpose of this site.

:cry

ooooh yeah, folks that don't understand the search function so we have 18 bazillion threads on the same subject.

Folks who complain that they've only lost 80 pounds in 4 weeks and can't figure out why they aren't lossing faster...

I've killed probably more than my fair share of threads. DeLara says it's because no-one can figure out just what the hell I'm talking about. She's afraid of me ((((DeLarla))))

But the threads I don't read are usually the ones that folks are rightfully proud of what they have accomplished. Too painful I guess. No, that's not truthful, I know they are too painful, so I just don't go there. I hate that I can't be more supportive of them and their successes.... stupid brain tumor.

:cry

:help: ...what exactly would be the correct technique for PBing the mailman?

Should I try this?

:huggie:

this??

:Banane34:

or even one of these?????

:P:Banane59: B) :Banane56: :Banane56: :Banane46: :)B)

...and just what am I supposed to do with his motorbike???B)

plz hlp i'm disparate.i m 1hr postop an my doc nvr sd nothn aboot pbing no mailman?

PS Did I kill it? Gotta beat JustPaul...

I think you have to eat the mailman first to PB him...he might just like that *wink wink*:sleep :eyebrows:

OK....here goes...I've been here since February of 06 only and I do refuse to ask things like whats a PB??? and a couple of other abbreviations that I don't know so I make up meanings for them such as

Poopy Butt

Puke Barf

Perky Bootie

Pretty Bird

Pony Baloney

padded bones

Perky Boobies

Panda Bears

The list goes on and on so WHAT IS A FREAKIN PB MORSAILLES?????? NO Really I AM SERIOUS I Do not freakin know ok....does that make me a bad person? Do ya'll want to leave now???? No, not yet????

A thread killer for me is someonne who takes themselves and their opinions way too seriously....and there are a lot lot lot of those here!!!

.....IS it Dead yet?........

LOL you forgot:

Peas & Beans

Pukey Babies

Pure Bullsh*t (sorry couldn't resist)

Pine Barrens

Pinto Beans

Poor Bologna

Poor Boys

Pour Burbon

Pure Burbon

Pints o' Blood

pureed Broccoli

Put Back

Purely Bogus

omg I got to stop...i could do this all night...lol

ROFLAO!!!!!!! Me and a friend were just talking about the board last night about how we were so over all the dumb questions... LOL We said there needs to be a NEWBIE FORUM (ask all the silly questions you want) hahah You know that shows Great Minds Think Alike!!!! HAHAHAHa

Oh by the way, I am 3 weeks out and have only lost 22 lbs and I was just wondering if I should be doing something else to jump start my weight loss, and I am dying for some freshly baked bread, do you think I could have some if I chew really well? HAHAHA....

Great thread keep it going!!!!

There are some very funny posts in this thread, and I have really enjoyed reading it. I was going to post some of my own too, until I started feeling a bit guilty. I agree, we were all newbies at one time or another. I do think a forum devoted purely to newbies is a great idea. It could be loaded with great information, including a sticky on all the abbreviations, how to search, etc. etc.

But, the bottom line is.... this is a support board. So what if someone posts a question about something that may have already been posted a million times? Maybe they want/need to have someone assure them directly, not via a very old post. Does it really kill us to quickly, efficiently and politely answer their question? As a not so "newbie" anymore who has some experience under my belt, I actually feel good when I can respond to a newbie question, encourage them and help them out. I am offering them support on a support board. Hopefully, when they become an oldtimer on these boards, they too will remember what it was to be a newbie and help them out as well.

I think what is sad as that when some of us have an opinion or thought that does not agree with others, or they do not approve of a thread, they post their thoughts/opinions in such a negative manner. When you yell at someone like they are a child, or that they are less of a person than you, well... wow, to me that is a thread killer.

I think what is sad as that when some of us have an opinion or thought that does not agree with others, or they do not approve of a thread, they post their thoughts/opinions in such a negative manner. When you yell at someone like they are a child, or that they are less of a person than you, well... wow, to me that is a thread killer.

SUSAN... Behave yourself young lady. Now you be quiet until you are spoken to. No one wanted your opinion. You are too new to this to be of value in the discussion... bla bla bla... bla bla bla...

heh heh heh. Did I kill it yet?

Just kidding. Your post is actually pretty darn correct, but I had to tease ya!

This isn't specific to LBT, but is prevalent in the bigger scheme of Internet communication & info sharing...

There will always be the people who have their minds made up on something, yet still ask about it, and then want to argue/justify based on what you reply... or hang around waiting for that one person who is going to say it's "ok" and just add to their pile of self-validation.

E.g. "I'm two weeks post-op and I'm really hungry and craving rice and bread and steak. My surgeon said I'm supposed to be on liquids for two weeks. Can I go ahead and eat this stuff anyway?"

A lot of the time, in cases like that, the person has already decided they're going to eat the stuff, or better yet -- has already eaten it -- and they'll argue/debate why they should be able to if you say "no", or they'll ignore an ocean of "no" replies in favor of that one person who posts, "I did and I was fine so you can too!".

It's not the newness of the person, and it's not that they're asking a question. It's that they're asking a question they KNOW the answer to, and are asking it even though they've already made up their minds.

Granted not all questions fit this scenario, but a lot do, and they aren't hard to pick out.

"Am I chewing well enough?"

"Not IMO"

"Well yes I am because I don't swallow until goo."

"Ok, so if you already know what the answer to your question is, why ask it?"

"Well I wanted to make sure."

"And in MHO you're not..."

"Well you're stupid because I am."

(insert "end of thread" here)

About "PB's".. i thought is stood for "productive burp" (correct me if I am wrong) but everytime I see it used it is implying the person made themselves vomit to relieve something that was stuck.. No wonder newbies are confused.. I also think it is disturbing when people announce "I've had my first PB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" As if it is some big thing that we all should accomplish. I, for one, am very proud of my no vomit policy. Now, I HAVE had an actual "PB" AKA Productive Burp on and off throughout my life. However I never had the urge to alert the media over it.....

Happy PBing to all who chose to be happy about it.. To those newbies who continue to ask for clarification on what a PB is I say... Rock on...

Kathy

About "PB's".. i thought is stood for "productive burp" (correct me if I am wrong) but everytime I see it used it is implying the person made themselves vomit to relieve something that was stuck.. No wonder newbies are confused.. I also think it is disturbing when people announce "I've had my first PB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" As if it is some big thing that we all should accomplish. I, for one, am very proud of my no vomit policy. Now, I HAVE had an actual "PB" AKA Productive Burp on and off throughout my life. However I never had the urge to alert the media over it.....

Happy PBing to all who chose to be happy about it.. To those newbies who continue to ask for clarification on what a PB is I say... Rock on...

Kathy

I think everyone has had a productive burp or a wet burp at least once in their lifetime but as it relates to being banded, that's something totally different. I don't think people who write about having the experience of a PB are proud that they have accomplished it all. Rather, it's more of an understanding of the consequences of either not chewing enough or eating beyond the pouch's food capacity.

I think your response was a little "strong" given that fact that one of the most often questions asked on this forum concerns the topic of complications when the band is too tight or when one pushes the band beyond it's limits.