Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

K so I'm one week out from surgery, I can not take the clear protien drinks or the powder at all. I gag just smelling of them. Today I cooked a roast I'm going to drink some of the juice from the roast I hope I'm not pushing it but I can't take in any protien any other way.

I have had no complications from surgery at all I pray it continues.

This has been a rough weekend with Easter and all the family around. The restraints of this new way of life are hard for some of my family to understand. I'm trying not to let it bother me but I hate not being able to go out to dinner with them. It's just too hard to watch them eat and not be able to. I want this transistian to be as un complicated as possible but don't know how to make it through this.

Hey Jocelyn, I haven't had surgery yet but I'll be in the same boat as you. I hope things get better for you and your transition will be smoother . My sister is coming home from the Navy and she sent me a list of places she wants to eat when she comes home and I was just like -______- did you not listen to me when I told you I was having surgery on Tuesday lol. I know that is going to be a challenge but hopefully she will understand. Hopefully your family will start to understand as well, hang in there.

Oh LORD, strain the fat out of that juice first!! It will make you sicker than a DOG!!

Try some Unjury chicken broth flavored powder. They gave it to me in the hospital and it went down really well, so I ordered some. There is lots of Protein in it. They have unflavored too that maybe you could add to some Clear Liquids. If you need to stay on clears a little longer, then do it. No harm in that.

Thanks I realized how much fat was in it when it was done, I will strain it first. Tomorrow I'm calling my Dr to make sure I don't mess up anything, it's hard for me to believe that I have even had the surgery, I have no pains able to move around great only when I try to drink too big of a sip do I remember that I had surgery.

I went out to a buffet with my family for Easter and it wasnt bad at all. I helped all of the kids get their food from the buffet and then i had some Soup. Very little soup might I add, but it was eaiser than I thought it was going to be. I enjoyed their company and wasnt walking out stuffed from the meal. All in all it was a good dinner! This is a permanent lifestyle change. You cant just stay home because you cant have what they are having. Pick something that you can have and enjoy your family instead of the meal ;)

I'll be a week out tomorrow and haven't had any Protein drinks yet either. I just can't tolerate them without vomiting.

To try to get in some Protein, a couple of days ago I started eating cottage cheese. I chew it completely. I also made chili and and ate the broth from that for a couple of days. I separated out kidney Beans and sucked out the insides of them. I was afraid the skins would be too hard to digest this early. I went shopping today and got some fat free refried Beans that I am going to try in small amounts.

Im hoping that in a few days ibwill be able to handle seeing other people eat. Right know it's still new. I was very proud of my self yesterday for being around a lot of food, and I actually sat next to the dessert table and I didn't bother me. I don't think there was much for me to chose from were they went tonight anyway this is East Texas if it ain't fried are covered in cream gravy they don't have it. Ha ha. I'm tring some applesauce to see if fills me up. I only ate about 3to 4 spoons of my roast juice. At least my husband has lots of food this week to eat.

I went out to a buffet with my family for Easter and it wasnt bad at all. I helped all of the kids get their food from the buffet and then i had some Soup. Very little soup might I add, but it was eaiser than I thought it was going to be. I enjoyed their company and wasnt walking out stuffed from the meal. All in all it was a good dinner! This is a permanent lifestyle change. You cant just stay home because you cant have what they are having. Pick something that you can have and enjoy your family instead of the meal ;)

I had a similar experience at Easter. And I love how you put "enjoy your family instead of the meal!"

Weird question. ...my mouth is always so dry,thick like cottonmouth. I want to just chug Water but I can't any

Other suggestions?

Thanks

Weird question. ...my mouth is always so dry,thick like cottonmouth. I want to just chug Water but I can't any

Other suggestions?

Thanks

Is your tongue yellow-ish &/or white-ish? You are probably in Ketosis - The process where your body doesn't have carbs to burn as energy so it is using your stored fat for energy instead. That's good!

No coating just seem thirsty all the time soaking mouth with Water helps but wondered iF any body else had any suggestions

Thanks gor the advice

Hawaii4me... I had the same issue postop and the only thing that saved me was Italian ice! U get 6 oz of Fluid from one ice and it really refreshes and moistens my mouth. Hope that helps!

Try sf popsicles and ice chips. Sounds to me like you are alittle dehydated too.