Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Checking In..i Need You!

Ok fellow made it to goal, I am back and need support. There are still a few of us left who still log on. I can remeber each of us starting our journey (Oregeon Daisy-you helped me so much make my decision!) I did OK yesterday confined myself to dark chocolate only! Just planned what I am going to eat today..takes the pressure off!!!! I tried on my "smallest" size 6's yesterday, they were not sausage tight but still not wearable for me. 5ish more lbs down should put me in my bounce zone...

3 years out here and am living life as "normal" as possible. You can do this 5 lbs! Have you done/tried the 5 day pouch test? it's really tough, but it works and gets you back into the "swing" of things. . . good luck!

Hi there. What does "normal as possible" mean?

OMG what is three years out like? I've been on a freak'n clear liquid diet since essentially 3/5 due to a leak and abscess. How in hades do I advance my diet is all I keep thinking? (after the fear of another leak, I am scared y'all.... honestly scared). I cannot fathom what 'normal' is like - going to dinner with my family and what? Just eating less?

Dee - congrats on your success. I had gained with the birth of our adopted son in October and the Holidays. I have lost 5 of the 10, but keep bouncing around the last 5. I hate dieting again, but I guess I have to if I want to get back to 127. WE CAN DO IT!!!

yesterday succumbed to Easter candy…Oh the food addiction raises its head…Need to get back on my roll….Gonna check out the 5-day pouch test, might be just what I need. Tossing all the dark chocolate at my daughters house today, since I am spending the day there (she also has a sleeve so she gets it) But there are grandkids involved so we can't toss it all. Thank God I can resist milk chocolate and hate peeps-they gross me out. My roommate bought some candy ( at least I didn't eat that!!) it is going this AM!!

So there it is, today is another day.

I agree with "hating to diet" I was retired from it, now I will be semi-retired for a while…

The newbie, normal feels like I can live in my body. You will get there.

Dee

OK scrap the 5 day pouch test...

After some investigation it is just not for me nor do I believe it is sound advice, the person (non-medical) who "invented it" has a web site and sells a book. Anyway..back to my original plan...Plan what to eat and eat what I plan. I do feel better. I know I can lose this weight, LOVE the sleeve. Not going to weigh again until May 1.

"OMG what is three years out like? I've been on a freak'n clear liquid diet since essentially 3/5 due to a leak and abscess. How in hades do I advance my diet is all I keep thinking? (after the fear of another leak, I am scared y'all.... honestly scared). I cannot fathom what 'normal' is like - going to dinner with my family and what? Just eating less?"

I'm so sorry to hear about your complications. For right now, do as your doctor tells you. . he is the expert and will see you through this. . it's very normal to be afraid about the next step, but do as he/she (doctor) tells you even with the advancing of foods. . .it's going to take time, but don't rush things, go slow and heal. . .

Later on, when your well and able, you will be able go out with your family/friends and eat/order whatever (just remember to get a to go box at the same time) You can enjoy life just like "normal" but your going to eat a lot less. . . forget buffet though, those are a waste of money now, but going to a sit down restaurant is wonderful. Now you will actually be able to focus on good company, good talk, and family/friends time instead of focusing on eating. . . it's great.

There definately is a light at the end of the tunnel and after you travel your journey for a bit (remember this downside is only temporary) it's going to be great. . .you'll weigh less, be able to do stuff you've had a hard time doing before (ie: for myself, i'm so proud i can now ride horses, climb the stairs without dying, walk for miles without noticing, pick weeds without fainting from bending down, etc) and definately eat less. You'll be focused on life and not food and its so nice to actually love yourself again. . .

piper, the word normal is a vast word. . . the best i can explain it to you is like this "normal is how you see it" Everyone sees "normal" as different. My normal won't be your normal, and your normal won't be my normal. I've responded to 4alongerlife on here and explained how I see normal. Hope this helps.

I was put on 'full liquids' this week so I'm starting to feel more 'normal' again. I just never thought it would be possible to get to 140 or 150 lbs. Mind you I'm still 203 right now, but I'm trucking on that direction and gonna get there! Not sure when, not sure how, surely bumps in the road, but gonna keep trucking on.

Thanks for your tips everyone and your experiences. I'm unsure of the road ahead, but appreciate your stories/tips/etc to give me an idea of the journey.

4ALonger Life, look at how much weigh you have lost! You will get down to 140 easy (Don't know how tall you are) I am 5'6". What I know is if you follow the plan you WILL get to goal. I stayed at goal for a few years, I only gained because I was not following a plan and just ate slider foods and ate very little Protein. Keep in touch with VST it will give you support.

Now about me....

I wore my smallest (size 6) jeans and I didn't feel like a sausage. I cheated (was going to wait till 5/1) and weighed myself127! :D a few more lbs and I will be my bounce zone (Like that expression who ever posted it thank you!) Now I will continue what I am doing but will resist the urge to weigh myself till 5/1! For me this really helps I get obsessed with the scale! Logging in here makes all the difference in the world.

Thank you Dee.... and I'm 5'7". Wishing y'all well in your journeys! :)

Checking in..started to exercise...I feel skinny my pants are feeling great (don't have to tug the legs down after I sit) might even have to get size 4 jeans. I just love this sleeve the old me would have just climbed back up once again to "I hate myself" weight! I have never maintained my "ideal" weight this long. Just logging in here and reading other posts keeps me on track. For anyone new or struggling YOU CAN do this! Follow the "rules". Sugar and white flour are my enemies. Each of us is different….

Best to all....

Dee