Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 Days Post-Op...incision Question

Hello, I have a question. I have four incisions from my sleeve. However the biggest incision is more painful and soar. The other three small incisions are fine and pain free. The larger incision is not healing as fast, I was just wondering if everyone else has any comments on this. I'm not sure if it's not healing because it is just a larger incision, or if there is a chance it maybe infected. The only reason I'm kind of worried is because I had school on Monday and I had to carry my bookbag around and it weighs about 20 pounds. Big mistake, trust me I won't be doing that again.

No its normal. Be careful. Your not suppose to carry over 25 lbs. That's awfully close. Good luck.

The larger incision will heal slower. Is it red or irritated around the incision area? Is it seeping any liquid? Is it oddly puffy, like there's Fluid behind it? Yes to any of those and you might call your surgeon to check in. You might call and check in just to be safe.

I have five incisions, two larger and three smaller. The closer to my bellybutton, the longer they took to heal.

Not sure how far out you are from surgery, but it sounds normal. The largest incision by the belly button is where they inserted a tube-like instrument to remove the excised portion of your stomach. It took about 4 weeks before I didn't notice mine anymore. I'm 9 weeks out now and I still get the very slightest bit of tenderness on one edge when rubbing Vitamin E on that incision. Do be careful lifting too much. Can you borrow or get hold of a roller bag instead?

My largest incision was more tender than the rest, even more so after the stapes came out. I think this is probably normal. The evening after I had the staples taken out (7 days after surgery) I woke up to find my stomach and bed sheet wet. I got up and went to the bathroom to investigate. I found my lowest incision had come open during sleep and was bleeding all over the place. I was a self payer and began to panic a bit. I went to the drugstore to buy transparent dressing and taped it up myself. A week later it had healed up great.

I am 3 weeks out and my larger incison just stopped being soar. I am thinking that is the insision that was used the most and had the most movement going on like the staplier and removal of your excess stomach.

Ok, thanks guys. You have really calmed my nerves.

I was told nothing over 10 lbs for the first 2 months.I have 5 incisions, and the large one did take a bit longer to heal. I will be 8 weeks out on the 9th and they are healed, can see them but healed. I irritated the larger one a couple times over doing it...it lets you know for sure. I would take it easy with any lifting for the first two months...seemed to work out perfect.

Yep, 10 lbs for me for the 1st 2 months as well. I am 1 month out now and my largest incision doesn't really bother me much anymore. :rolleyes:

I am sooo thankful for this blog. I have been in pain on my left incision, the biggest one. Whehhh the pain.

I am sooo thankful for this blog. I have been in pain on my left incision, the biggest one. Whehhh the pain.