Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had mine last week and was told no driving, operating machinery, mowing the lawn, and not to make any financial decisions or write out checks of any kind....seriously, they actually told me no finanacial decisions or paying bills!

I dont remember any of mine, I was out cold but was technically put in "twilight". Mine was scheduled for 10:00am and think I was being released just after 11:00am but was in no condition to do anything. I could not talk when I initially wok up, in my head I knew what I was saying but my mouth was not connected to my brain yet so I just stayed quiet...haha. Since it had been 12 hours since I ate, we stopped at Panera bread to eat lunch and I was able to order my own food, but my wife had to ask me a few times if I was ok while eating because I was in a daze just staring at my sandwich! We got home around noon and I went to bed and slept hard until 5:00pm and then had no issue going to bed at 9-10 that night. I just had some bloating for about 2 days following and no pain of any kind from the biopsy.

I agree with eazye.... Do not do that, especially dealing with people's money. My husband recently had one. He doesn't even remember some of what went on after we got home, though HE felt like he was good to go, he absolutely wasn't. You can't always rely on how you feel. He thought he was fine, but he had some interesting things to say...lol. I told him he wasn't going to remember everything he was saying but he was convinced he would. He didn't. I would just hate for you to take unnecessary risks with your job and other's billing and have trouble later on.

Ok since my endoscopy is tomorrow what's the latest I can eat?

I just had to fast after midnight prior to the endoscopy, so not too bad.....

I just had to fast after midnight prior to the endoscopy' date=' so not too bad.....[/quote']

And what time was your procedure done?

Mine was in afternoon at 2:30-3:00is, they told me six hours no food or drink.

Mine was done at 7 am...or i had to be there at 7 am but the doc didnt do it until about 10 am...so they checked me in, put me in a room...met all the docs and nurses...then i saw my doc and he assured me it was a very simple procedure...then the aanesthesiologist put me to sleep in a second...so weird..that is the part that freaks me out how quickly they put u under...then the next minute i was awake..i looked at the clock and it was an hour later. It took about 30 min for me to wake up. The procedure was pretty short. I got dressed and we drove home. U cant drive yourself...i felt woozy all day, bbut not bad. No after pain. I actually felt like i had a vacation day away from work. I did not go in...at night i ate dinner as usual. This morning i felt a little pain in my throat area..kinda like it was swollen...but nothing major at all. Dr did find a hernia that he will fix during the sleeve procedure. Hope that helps...relax..endoscopy is simple.

Mine was done at 7 am...or i had to be there at 7 am but the doc didnt do it until about 10 am...so they checked me in' date=' put me in a room...met all the docs and nurses...then i saw my doc and he assured me it was a very simple procedure...then the aanesthesiologist put me to sleep in a second...so weird..that is the part that freaks me out how quickly they put u under...then the next minute i was awake..i looked at the clock and it was an hour later. It took about 30 min for me to wake up. The procedure was pretty short. I got dressed and we drove home. U cant drive yourself...i felt woozy all day, bbut not bad. No after pain. I actually felt like i had a vacation day away from work. I did not go in...at night i ate dinner as usual. This morning i felt a little pain in my throat area..kinda like it was swollen...but nothing major at all. Dr did find a hernia that he will fix during the sleeve procedure. Hope that helps...relax..endoscopy is simple.[/quote']

Thanks I'll be having mines tomorrow still a little nervous afraid that they might find something to prolonged my surgery.

And what time was your procedure done?

It was at 10:00 am. It was such a quick procedure and I was "goofy" the rest of the day, or at least into the evening.

Na....just think positive. Do u normally feel. "good"? If so shouldnt be a problem...but if they do find something atleast they will find it before it causes u any issues...but just dont be nervous about it. Actually u should feel happy about it because it is an opportunity to check on your health. After the procedure u will feel very good that u got it done and will realize that it was a piece of cake...read my posts bfore i got it done. I was feeling the same way..but it was un necessary....so just enjoy.

Thanks and thats the plan

Waiting to get my endoscopy done.

Good luck! You will be just fine!

I found out I don't have to have one!!!

I found out I don't have to have one!!!

Aren't you lucky