Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You are going to do great!!!! Don't be scared. I know that sounds easy to say but try to stay calm. You are going to be experiencing something truly amazing in your life. Just get through this and you will see!

I was as well when I had mine... I was TERRIFIED! Keep praying and find comfort in God, he is what got me to the operating table and continues to heal me. Just pray and take comfort in him.

Most of the fear hit me when I was in the pre-op room, but once the staff came in with me I calmed down... I don't remember anything past going to the operating room and getting moved the table... they used something like an air bed to move me it was COOL. You will do fine!

Everyone experiences fear just before surgery. You have undoubtedly done all you can to prepare, so now it's time to just relax and let God (or your higher power) handle things.

Good luck!!

You will be Ok, trust in your Physician and you will be just fine.. Have faith say a prayer before you go under and when you open your eyes you will say, it wasn't that bad. Good luck and see you on the losers bench.

Your fear it very natural. We all go through it. I wrote this blog entry right before my surgery. http://jfabulous43.wordpress.com/2012/02/14/talk-me-down-off-this-ledge/

I think everyone who goes thru this gets scared. The day I got the date of my surgery, I was scared. I was scared up to the day of my surgery. Then I was completly calm and could not wait to get it done. The fear you have is short term, the happiness that you will feel after the surgery and after your weightloss will be for a lifetime. You will be fine! Good luck!

Joe

Iwasnt scared at all.I trust in my surgeon,the hospital. It was funny cuz everyone at work was asking me "are you nervous" or "are you scared"And I can honestly say I wasnt.I was definitely ready to have this surgery. YOU will do fine.

Thanks everyone for the support! Will keep everyone pistes my surgery in Tuesday

Meant to say posted

Thanks everyone for the support! Will keep everyone posted my surgery on Tuesday

Meant to say posted

Thanks everyone for the support! Will keep everyone pistes my surgery in Tuesday

Meant to say posted

I will be looking forward to hear how you are doing, I'm scheduled on the following Monday and let me tell you scared does'nt cover it. I have only had one surgery in my life so this is all new to me. I know I will fine and you will too. I just keep telling myself that this time next month the hard stuff will be behind me. And I will be on my way to the skinnier side

Hi Miss Ivory! My surgery is on this Wednesday. We are practically surgery sisters. lol

I am getting scared as well, it just hit me today. Until now I've been telling my friends that I'm very excited and I have no fear. But I think I'm getting last minute jitters. I have been setting my eyes on GOD as I know that he can bring me through this. But then I think, "What if this surgery is not in his will??". I'm so afraid. I read about the abdominal pain and it frightens me.

It's good to know somebody else feels this like I do.

I keep thinking I can live through a couple weeks of pain to feel better the rest of my life. I'm tired of my knees and feet hurting. I'm tired of pulling myself up stairs, dreading every step. It's time for a change.

I wish you the BEST of luck and a quick recovery.

Cynthia

I am really getting scared too. I don't seem to be able to sleep past 3:30am anymore :( I think that it makes it doubly hard for me to not be in my home country, but that is where i am, so I need to suck it up I suppose. God-willing, this will be behind us soon and all will be good!