Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you doing Weight Watchers?

Anyone else doing Weight watchers with your band? I found I needed a more structured eating plan than the Atkins I was doing and feel so much better now that I can eat a variety of foods on the WW points plan. I would love to correspond with you if you are doing WW points too....:)

Same here luv it...not much results, but when/if I get banded I plan on counting points. I've been on WW on and off for years...I still attend meetings: )

Coreen

Back when I used to "diet" I did weight watcher's several times. Of all the diets I have ever been on, I found them to be the easiest to follow. However, I refuse to feel like I am on a "diet" anymore and don't count anything.

Oh, if you do decide to do WW, and visit their online message boards, I would not mention that you have the band. I have never seen an online community more against any type of WLS then they are. They will absolutely slam you for even mentioning it there.

Last Feb my DH wanted to join WW so I went with him and joined myself. I had come to a stall with the weight loss and thought what did I have to loose but lbs....:Banane27: I have to say I really enjoy our speaker she is awsome, but I'm not really doing anything different than before.

Susan is very correct in the way they feel about WLS. I have not told anyone and will not. I really have to bite my tongue when it is brought up and the bashing they give it. DH said it was because there are jealous.

When I get to my goal I will come clean and let them see the 2 can work together Happily every after.

I too am doing WW with the band, I need structure. I did not think anyone was doing this as well, so I feel comfort that I am not the only one.

Nicole

Lapband-3/16/06

51 pounds lost

I track not only my points but my grams of Protein per day to make sure I get enough. That is the only draw back with WW. I can eat within my points and easily not get enough protein.

well, I know I have not posted in a while since starting this thread so here I am..... since starting back on WW 3 weeks ago taking it seriously, I have lost 6 pounds - Wooo Hooo! Finally got in the habit of writing every bite down that goes in..... I am however, struggling to get all my Water in and get to exercising more regularly.

I don't have any problem in getting my Protein in I just try to make Protein my first choice at meals and keep up with the count of protein grams along with my points. I follow the bandster rules as far as protein first, veggies next and carbs last. The only carbs I do are generally fresh fruit.

I have told my WW group I have the band and how God blessed me to lose the 140 pounds (which I have gained a little back since that loss) with it and they were all okay with it and did not Bash me in any way. They are all encouarging folks in my WW meeting and the leader is too.

Good luck to all of you who are on your way to wonderful bandland and doing this WW with me....

In the last 2 weeks I lost another 9.5 lbs, which brings my total up to 66.5 gone since I was banded 9/9/05. I only another 5.5 lbs to go to reach my mini goal of being under 200 lbs.

Good luck everyone and keep on losing.........:)

I'm really happy to find this thread. I am planning to go back to WW after my 6 weeks of liquids and mushies are up. I asked my nutritionist about it and she said she feels that what's really good about WW is the weekly support and accountability and she encourged me to attend. My mom and I used to go together before I was banded. We haven't gone for about 5 months and it would really be a help to her if I went with her. She doesn't qualify for the band.

However, I was planning to try out the Core plan instead of the points. I figure my band is my points counter anyway. The Core plan is more of a low carb, good Proteins plan. And how it's supposed to work is that you judge your hunger level before, during and after eating which I think would be just right for me to try doing right after my 1st fill.

I'm not going to tell them at this point although I may in the future after I speak with the leader and if I feel it would be supported. The other thing too is that I don't want to be praising the band every time I make a whole and get asked "what's working." Lots of the women in the room would benefit from the band but I suspect not many would have the insurance coverage or the cash. So I don't want to derail them from beliving in or being successful with Weight Watchers.

Britt

I've done WW in the past with some success, at least as long as I stuck with it, :) and was thinking of following it again once I'm back on regular foods. How do you guys determine what your daily points quota is? Obviously it has to be lower than what you're supposed to eat a day.

I have decided that tomorrow I will start weight watchers. I need something since I no longer have my band. I have been doingthis on my own since November and have had minimal weight gain (4lbs) but it is getting harder and harder everyday. I need someone to be accountable to other then myself, the weekly weigh in with your counselor really work for me. Even if I never go to a WW meeting but I follow the "Points" diet and go every week to weigh in I feel it will benefit me 100%. I refuse to gasin this weight back. I just need something to motivate me. I havenever done WW before but have tired al lthe others before ( Jenny Craig, NutriSystem etc...) For $12.00 a week to me it is worth it to have the accountability, plus there are severa lgirls at my work who are going to join also, we are going to have a little contest . I love a contest. :welldoneclap: Also my brother lost over 100 lbs with a different weight loss program (optifast) and has put every lb back on and thenb some so I want to support him since he wil lbe joining WW with me ( we live together)

Wish me luck, I will check back in this thread weekly

I've actually joined weight watchers more times than I care to count. However I know it's a great program and I plan on following it once I'm banded.

Anyone else doing Weight watchers with your band? I found I needed a more structured eating plan than the Atkins I was doing and feel so much better now that I can eat a variety of foods on the WW points plan. I would love to correspond with you if you are doing WW points too....:eek:

How many points are you eating per day? Are you able to eat all the points you are allowed? I haven't been doing WW since my third month or so. Just curious! Thanks!