Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are My April 2012 Sleevers?

April 3rd & so excited!!! :)

@iwantobethin-- we will be sleeve sisters! I'm April 6th dr Garcia!! However I am only 5'4" so we will look like Arnold and Danny devito in twins because you are taller! I can't wait to meet you! I'm getting so excited!! I'm so proud that u made this decision for me!!

That came our wrong! Lol that I made this decision for me! :)

Yay, im so excited to have someone else there getting it done at the same time! Where are you coming from? I live in Oklahoma. I'm Jen, btw:)

I live in Mississippi. I'm Christi. This makes it even better knowing you will be there same time. When are you going to start pre-op?

I'm gonna start Saturday morning. Not looking forward to it all:( You?

I'm gonna start Saturday morning. Not looking forward to it at all:( You?

Me too! I've been trying to ease into. I cut back on caffeine and carbonated drinks. I have been drinking a Protein Shake for Breakfast since Saturday.

I'm April 2 can't wait' date=' but I'm scared completely, Im more scared about the actual surgery not the pain afterwards, I know that I can handle the pain, that's what drugs are for lol.[/quote']

Hey Joycelyn !! My surgery is April 2 as well and I'm so ready for it too come and get it done ... Just like ya said I can deal with pain as long as there is drugs hehe

Im in the house!!! My day is April 16th. I went yesterday and did my pre admission testing. I think it is all sinking in that this is finally happening. I am very excited. I have been gathering my items that I will need. I think reality has truely hit me that I like food the way that I have over the last few years. I too am having food funerals.I start my liver shrink diet on april 2nd and I only have to do a one day all liquid diet on that last day, April 15th. My kids are very very excited about the changes that are about to occur. It feels good that I have them as my strongest support system. They are ages 17 and 13 and have already promised me that they are more than willing to exercise with me. My daughter is the oldest and me and her are going to join a local gym (threw my job, it is only $25 monthly..yay!!). I think I am very motivated. I have not told many people. When I was mentioning it before ( over a yr ago), I did not get any support in what I was researching. I feel that this is truely a BRAND new beginning for me..I am looking forward to the events that are happening...getting my sleeve..moving out of state in Aug...startig back going to college in the fall...a senior on my hands ( a very bright young lady, I might add!!)...a son going to the 8th grade..a better relationship with GOD and a divorce in process...can we say "A NEW WOMAN IN 2012!!!!" God is yet still truely AMAZING! Despite all the havoc in our lives, we still have to search deep within ourselves to truely change things with self. Even if it means letting old things go and start embracing the new...I am all for this change...Are yall? I am beyond excited!!

My surgery date is 3rd April, travel on 1 april, hospital tests on second and surgery on third. I am neither excited or anxious at the moment I just feel that this is something that has to be done. I suppose anxiety will kick in nearer the time. I started my pre-op diet yesterday, have shopped for Vitamins and Protein Drinks just waiting now. I suppose my biggest anxiety is that I will be alone as I am travelling to Europe for the op.

April 16'th here, unless something changes. I just met with the NUT yesterday, that was the last hurdle until the insurance gets involved, but I'm not concerned, the Dr. I'm using has delt with my insurance before and is confident it will all be good. I wasn't really concerned until the NUT pulled out those little 1oz cups and said that I would only eat two of them full for each meal, damn, that's like one bite now. I've only got to do 1 week of liquids pre-op but she said to start cutting back 2 weeks before to get a head start on it, it's gonna be tough!!!!!!! I'm still going through with it, just a little less sure of myself now. I'm gonna need some real "cowboy up" motivation from here on out.

Im scheduled for April 6th with Dr. Garcia in TJ, Mexico. I am nervous/excited/ ready!! I am a 26 yr old female, 6'2 & 290. Are there any other tall girls out there who have been sleeved or is going to be sleeved?

Me too in Tijuana MX., but the 13. Sure you will be fine.

I pray that all goes well with my next two appointments. If they do I will be sleeved on April 2nd! Prayers up and fingers crossed.