Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustrated! Eat This, Not That....

So I was told by the dietian that cottage cheese is okay but not eggs. I like cottage cheese and it seems to go in okay but fills me up pretty quickly. I've been thinking lately that I am eating too much as well. Here is a typical day for me:

10am - 6oz greek yogurt

11am to 12pm - 10oz can of Tomato Soup and 4 oz of cottage cheese with fruit flavoring (takes a full hour to get it all done)

2pm - 6oz greek yogurt

6pm - about 8oz of mushroom Soup with 6oz of cottage cheese

8pm - popsicle or two

10pm - 6oz of cottage cheese and a few slices of pickled beets

Sometimes I drink about 12oz of Barq's root beer at work over the course of the day (just sips). I've also drank the pink lemonade which I used to not like but now I do all the sudden. I drank about 32oz of that yesterday. I know, I know, the sugar content, just had a one day slip, today I'm back on the wagon.

Anyway, I sometimes feel very sharp pains after I eat at lunchtime and dinner. Maybe I'm eating too much at once?

Today I plan to incorporate some Protein crackers from GHP and the dry Cereal without milk.

BTW, Can I drink fat freee milk now?

I am not eating that much yet but everyone is different. If I get a sharp pain I know I ate too fast or too much so maybe you are eating too much at one time. Cut it back a bit and see if that helps. I have been drinking milk since week 2 so I am sure you can. Good luck to you! BTW, I was eating eggs at 2 weeks so give it a shot.

I am no expert, that seems like a lot of food. How far out are you?

Are you eating when you are not hungry? Do you stop when you are no longer hungry? Or are you looking for a full feeling? Sharp pains are not so good.

I would try eating half of that and see how you feel.

Hi Rohnk! I don't know how far out you are from surgery. At about 9 months out certain foods tend to "fill me up" quickly. eggs is one of them! A couple of bites and I feel done! In the begining I became very lactose intolerant so I could not have milk or cottage cheese etc., so I had soy milk with my Protein and it worked out. But I know many drank/drink milk with no problem. I now can have dairies without a problem - fortunately. Regardign the amoun, I tend to focus on how I feel more so than the amount I consume. So for example, if I serve myself 8 oz of Soup but I start to feel comfortable at about 4 or 5 oz., I stop and save the rest for later. Sometimes just one bite will push me over that edge to discomfort so I take it slow. To give you an idea of quantity, at nine months I am still eating between 1/4 cup and 1/2 cup of food, certain foods like yogurt I can comfortably eat about 1 cup. But again, that is rare for me to go that far. I also know others can eat a bit more at this stage. I hope this is helpful to you. Best of luck!!!

Wow, this does sound like a lot of food. I'm 5 months post op and I drink 11 oz Protein Drink at 7:00am and 8:00 an egg with a little cheese. Then at 11 or 12:00 I will have 2 oz of chicken with 2 pieces of broccoli. At around 5:00pm I will eat 2 oz Protein, maybe four. And I drink 11oz Premier Protein drink. Here is my calorie counter:http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/dorrierobles2003

that will give you a better pic of what I eat. ;)

quick question, just got sleeved so i don't know about how much such n such, but shouldn't u only eat 4oz at a time no more? i have a friend who says he also eats 6oz of Greek yogurt... shouldn't it be just 4 oz at meals n between meals at a time? for the rest or how does it work ...sry if i am switching up ur post dear..

What's wrong with eggs?

At the mushy stage I was supposed to eat 2 oz at a time. I'm two months out and still do only 2 oz of cottage cheese in the morning. I don't eat more than 4 oz. at a time unless it's liquid like Protein shakes and Soup - then it's 6oz.

I was drinking 2% milk in my Protein Shakes since full liquids. My cottage cheese, milk and yogurt are all 2%.

I don't eat Cereal. I'd rather have an egg or some other Protein. The main rule for all of us is: PROTEIN FIRST!

I am three weeks out from surgery. I had the surgery on Feb 21. I figured I was eating too much. I guess I am just pushing myself too fast. That is what got me here in the first place.

The dietician told us to not eat eggs until 4 weeks because of the volume they occupy. However cottage cheese is ok. I think I will just stick to the yogurt and Soup for a while and see if I do any better. I've lost around 35lbs since surgery so I am losing weight. I have pain in the stomach and I usually think this is because I am hungry or full. If I haven't eaten in a couple of hours, then I figure I am hungry and eat something. I try to eat the most at lunch and dinner for some reason.

Regretting the surgery now. I guess I just don't know what I am doing. I thought I was prepared, but I really am at a loss of what to do. Eat this, not that, eat this much, don't eat that much, it is just so confusing. I want to lose weight for sure and I want to lose it fast. Maybe I'll just stick to Water and soup?

now dont rush into conflusion even i, am feeling ur pressure to losing weight fast... i felt some what like regretting when i woke up from surgery on the fifth of march, n when i threw up blood clots from my mouth as i was making my first walk down the hall.. n when i had to stay an extra day because i could not even get ten oz of liquid through out the day.. so dont regret because u have come so far, and are losing weight.. try to follow the plan that ur nutritionist laid of for you, everybody is different, different doctors with different ways of approching and doing things. its my fouth day and i am totally lost, i am still sipping on my Soup that i started around 12, n still got about 2 table spoons left.. n trying to chew my Vitamins while trying to take in as much Protein cus i dont want the little hair that i have to be gone.. and i am a girl by the way lol.. i need my hair to stay in put lol.. dont limit ur self to Water n soup cus then u will really, really feel like u hate or regret ur decision.. remember its not a diet, or something temporary its a life style change, stick with what u feel comfy with, and talk to your doctor and nutritionist.hope this helps..

Maybe you need to spend some time with the dietician. It would be helpful to figure out exactly what you are feeling. Ask the dietician to point out where your stomach is now and where you might feel true hunger. Your stomach is probably higher up than you think it is, so you might be feeling "head hunger" in your gut.

Three weeks out, I was still on full liquids and had no hunger. Even now, very rarely do I feel hunger. Mostly it is in my head.

My surgeon's office gave me hand outs that specify EXACTLY what to do and eat. I simply cannot believe some of these surgeons who do the surgery and then leave little to no instructions for their patients.

I suggest to use the nutritionist if they have one. Ask them for specific guidelines. Short of that, do some research online.

If you can down 6 oz. of cottage cheese, an egg is nothing. It is tru that some people don't tolerate them well. I was not one. I have hens and eat an egg every other day.

A note, sometimes thirst or acid can be misinterpreted as hunger. Oh, and lay off the soda :-)

I think Cottage cheese may be like yogurt, Soup, and liquids and go through the valve at the bottom your tummy faster. I'm sure you couldn't eat 3/4 cup of firm protein! But if you are getting those pains, my recommendation is to cut back to 1/2 cup cottage cheese.

At 3 weeks out, my day looked like this:

Daily total: 74 grams of Protein, 435 calories

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Fage 0 Greek Yogurt with Splenda: 12 grams Protein

Morning snack: Lowfat Cheese stick: 8 grams protein

Lunch: 2 oz. lowfat turkey lunch meat: 10 grams protein

Dinner: 2 oz shrimp: 12 grams protein

Late Night Snack: 1 scoop Protein powder and 1 C. soy milk: 32 grams of protein

I couldn't always eat 2 oz. of protein at a time. Sometimes I could only eat 1 oz. or 1.5 ozs.

Lynda

So I was told by the dietian that cottage cheese is okay but not eggs. I like cottage cheese and it seems to go in okay but fills me up pretty quickly. I've been thinking lately that I am eating too much as well. Here is a typical day for me:

10am - 6oz greek yogurt

11am to 12pm - 10oz can of Tomato Soup and 4 oz of cottage cheese with fruit flavoring (takes a full hour to get it all done)

2pm - 6oz greek yogurt

6pm - about 8oz of mushroom Soup with 6oz of cottage cheese

8pm - popsicle or two

10pm - 6oz of cottage cheese and a few slices of pickled beets

Sometimes I drink about 12oz of Barq's root beer at work over the course of the day (just sips). I've also drank the pink lemonade which I used to not like but now I do all the sudden. I drank about 32oz of that yesterday. I know, I know, the sugar content, just had a one day slip, today I'm back on the wagon.

Anyway, I sometimes feel very sharp pains after I eat at lunchtime and dinner. Maybe I'm eating too much at once?

Today I plan to incorporate some Protein crackers from GHP and the dry Cereal without milk.

BTW, Can I drink fat freee milk now?

I read what everyone else has said, and it all sounds reasonable, and we all "had", our vice, but now we remarkably changed our eating, by encouraging each one in the group to stop lying, we all know when it is not right. It is wrong if it feels bad and looks bad on. I discovered soy Protein, and it is even in the flour, by 40%! It even has a brown flour look, like its healthy, and makes flour bleached white feel wrong. So like the book, "Eat This Not That" it pay off to make the switches. I cant trust myself with real food, so the switch is the soy Protein Powder, which under a micro scope is just food, but in a powder form, it switches off the eating machine by combining it with a chochlate latte thing taste, it makes the inches fall away. (Not the Hair!)

isereno i like ur schedule i will take that into consideration when i am able to dive into those wonderful food choices..