Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hey family, i am so glad to be home after staying in the hospital for 3 days because i could not drink 10z of liquids that i was suppose to drink on my last day on tuesday.. i was sleeved on the 5th of march at 10:30 am.. wasnt bad, woke up with pain, short of breath but i got up and walked..

so now i am home, yesturday i struggled getting past 1/4 of a cup and it took me the whole day to drink 10z of Isopure, so i did not make it past the 64 oz Water or liquid intake, nor the protein.. so today i started off kinda better than yestuday. i set a schedule for 5 meals, n 30 mins between i could take my liquids.. i waked for 2 hour out side, kinda breesy so i came back inside.. so i am having a hard time when drinking and theses cheawable gas x pills i feel are not helping,.. i have pressure on my chest when i breath, that i didnt feel yesturday n it hurts when i drink even if its half a teaspoon.. never the less, i managed to drink my first meal 4oz of orginal soy milk, which was like heaven to taste but when it went down omg wat a pain.. its bearable but i just hope my tummy heals that way i can really start my proteins.. n heated liquids i feel go down better than cold.. i cant take cold ice, it doesnt settle with my tummy.. any tips n advice will be more than welcomed and appreciated.. i am totally new now lol still happy with my choice!

I had pain when I drank too much at once, taking too big of a drink. I'm not sure if that may be happening to you but I would advise you call your doctor. Pressure on your chest doesn't sound good. You may have Fluid in your lungs or worse. Please check with them!

nah its not that bad of pressure i can breath deep in and out it just a discomfort, thanks for the tip. if anything i will definitively call my doc. right now i am on my lunch sipping on butternut squash Soup.< /p>

Enerfina!!! Welcome to the losers bench!!! I think the first week is the hardest! I was told no more than one ounce every 8 to 10 minutes! And I was lucky to get that in. But after about 5 or 6 days, it starts to get easier and easier. I think it's because the swelling starts to go down. We are all different so it can vary a bit. But I was just like you in the begining. I can say that for me, at week 2, WOW, I felt great and things got much, much better. But again, I think the first week is the most challenging. Just keep plugging away at sip, sip, walk, walk, sip, sip, walk, walk... it's a job!, But you'll get through it! Best of luck! Post with how you're doing!

BTW, I could not tolerate the gas x pills. I just took the prilosec and raglan (sp?) the first week or so for nausea - which was very mild.

thanks so much, cant wait for the swelling to go down so i can enjoy sipping lol.. i will try to get some gas x stripes today i've read it goes better than the chewable pills.. i dont want to try to many things .. so far its bearable, i am still sipping on the butternut squash Soup lol.. the taste wasnt wat i expected lol but its good protein.. so sip sip sip lol n walk..

I had the same problem. I had my surgery on Feb 24th and everytime I took a sip of liquid it hurt at the begining and when it hit the pouch. Long story short, I ended up in the ER with dehydration. 12 days post op, I was finally able to sip with no pain. I am just now able to eat creamy broth with minimum pain. I guess it takes time for the swelling to go down. Good luck.

omg girl, what signs did u notice when u were dehydrating cus right now i feel a big dizzy, i think its cuz of the pain med i took yesterday, still active i guess but i am sipping Isopure n some water.. dont like the Soup anymore lol.. in total i put down about 18oz.. since 9am?.. so thats not much right?.. uugh its so frustrating cus i feel full..

omg girl, what signs did u notice when u were dehydrating cus right now i feel a big dizzy, i think its cuz of the pain med i took yesterday, still active i guess but i am sipping Isopure n some Water.. dont like the Soup anymore lol.. in total i put down about 18oz.. since 9am?.. so thats not much right?.. uugh its so frustrating cus i feel full..

I was a light headed, very weak and my mouth was dry. But after 4 bags of fluids in the ER I felt much better. I know for sure, im no to to 64 oz yet. Seems like you are doing good if you have got 18oz so early on the day. I may be getting in 30 oz per day. I should measure it.

thank you so much, yea i have this food journal book that i bought from the biggest loser, n it lets me right down wat i ate or drink how many of a serving it is, the calories, carbs, fats etc.. so i am able to track how much i have been drinking if not i would be loss n not drink because of the sense of fullness i feel even after the 30 mins.. i am on my third meal n i am down 1/4 i got 2 more ounces left but i think i will continue in like 20 mins cus i am full..

Hi! I was sleeved on the 20th and let me tell you every day should get better and better. I still have some trouble swallowing liquids. I love Water and was told by my doctor that believe it or not its thick. drinking water will bother you but it will get better. promise. keep up the good work,