Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Comebacks For "easy Way Out" Crack

Hold your head up high, and say No I did it for my health, anyone that "cares" about you will not say that!!! I work with alot of catty women, all they can do is stare, while all the men are giving me compliments! What it boils down to is they are jealous of you!!! IGNORE them, SMILE and carry on with your business, that will kill them even more!!! you have done the right thing for YOU!! that is what is important!!! WE ARE PROUD OF YOU!!! :D

I told no one but immediate family, because someone I know that had the sleeve & had this constantly said to her, and behind her back. So instead of having to hear that, I keep hearing "you're shrinking" and "what's your secret?"..first I just laughed it off and answered, we all know the secret- less calories, more exercise..1- 1.5 hrs daily in the gym with a high Protein diet...now I just say, "maybe you're getting bigger?"- this has slowed down some of the rude people.. I agree with other posters- answer a rude comment with a rude comment..also, people that have made rude comments to me are NOT friends- don't feel the need to treat these kinds of people like friends!

If its so easy, why aren't you doing it?

I think this is my favorite....it's clever and is going to make the person think long and hard about things, but it's not rude.

I've not yet had my surgery (scheduled for 3/19 - Yay me!), but my thoughts on this type of commentary would be something along these lines:

"Yes, you could consider this the easy way out - I'm using a tool that increases my sucess rate & quality of life - Much like I'd use a shovel when digging a hole. But I must admit - considering the hole you just dug for yourself - maybe you should go into the construction business..."

Is that too harsh?

Another comeback might be:

"I decided to work smarter, not just harder"

If its so easy, why aren't you doing it?

FTW!!!!!!

I think this is my favorite....it's clever and is going to make the person think long and hard about things, but it's not rude.

I'm a firm believer in working smarter, not harder than necessary. Don't get me wrong, I'm not afraid of hard work, just seems ridiculous to fight a losing battle empty handed when you can grab a tool and succeed.

When I told a friend of mine, she said "Nothing like jumping off a cliff". My comment back was that when I was diagnosed with cancer, it was like being pushed off a cliff, this is feels more like climbing a mountain. Just got my date yesterday 08/26/2014, eight long months to jump through the hoops and it is only just beginning. I am so excited.

In a day and age when everything is designed to make our lives easier (cars, microwaves, modern medicine) why is it that only WLS is frowned upon. For me it has been easy. I failed miserably at past attempts mainly because I could give up when things got to be too hard. Where as the sleeve makes it harder to give up. I haven't heard this yet but my comeback is going to be "What's your point?"

THEY have not walked in OUR shoes..... we have tried every freaking diet out there, and everything on Wally world shelves........leave me alone, I am doing this for ME!!!! I do not have to answer to anyone! I went from a "BULDGING 18 - 20 Women's" to a JR 7-8, Really.... Come on Laugh at me!!! I am HEALTHY and Happy!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM Laughing at you... you just do not get it!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a guy at work who was just bragging about his wife getting implants. He heard that I was getting hoping to get sleeved by the end of the year. He wanted me to know he was concerned that I would decide to go this route instead of hitting the gym and counting calories. Never mind the fact that I have been obese for almost 30 years now and have tried every diet in the book and then some. I just said, you know, I am doing this to get healthy. Me trying to do this on my own is almost the same as your wife WISHING for bigger boobs. It isn't going to happen. She did what she did to make her feel better, why is that any different that me doing what I am doing? I just want to feel healthy again. He did not see the connection.....eh, I tried! It's okay, everyone has their own path...I'm trying to make myself a new one. :)

In my opinion, when people say... easy way out, they are usually not educated on the matters and have no idea how to be supportive.

I have several friends who dropped out of high school and got their GED instead of their High School Diploma. At least two of those people went on to found some pretty big companies. They are still self employed to this date just like me. They both provide at least 300 jobs in the areas they live in. When they said they were quitting high school to get their GED, they were told they were taking the easy way out... that they would not stand a chance at decent employment... because employers would look down on them for getting their GED... in short, a GED says HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA on it... so people were idiots for saying that. I don't have a high school diploma or GED and I've been self employed for 13 years straight now.

I'm going to Mexico next week. People have told me... OMG I wouldn't go to Mexico...much less have surgery there... I look at them and tell them that they are racist and idiots. That usually shuts them down. If they continue, I then ask them if they have ever been to Mexico? The answer is always no. I tell them after they have saved for a few years to go.

When someone tells me that I took the easy way out, I'm going to look at them... and give them snarky stuck up answers like... yep and I can afford to take the easy way out of everything, can you?

My son, who is actually very supportive, he's just a young guy who doesn't think before speaking. Anyway, the first week after surgery he said that and chuckled, kind of making a joke. Since I was fresh out of surgery, I just broke down and balled and yelled at him saying "how in the hell is it 'taking the easy way out' to have 85% of your stomach cut out?" Of course he ran over and hugged me and begged me to forgive him.... Which, of course, I did. Since then he tells me all the time how proud he is of me. He sees me working out hard and tells me I am an inspiration.

I guess I say all of that to say this: it really depends on who and how they are saying it as to the response. Most people just don't think before they speak.

Haters are gonna hate.

Your medical history isn't anyone's business so don't put it out there but for those who know & insist on sharing their unsolicited opinion simply yank their chain and tell them successful people work smart, not hard. Then just smile & walk away. That'll really annoy them! LOL