Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm looking for information on low cost Texas surgeons. My insurance does not cover bariatric surgery. I've done enough research on Mexico surgeons to become completely confused and deterred. While I don't expect Mexico pricing in Texas, I'm sure that there are some Texas surgeons out there that are under 10K for the sleeve procedure. Please reply with suggestions. Thanks.

They have one in New Iberia,La for $9800 but I have heard of one in dallas for less than $10k also. I personally had mine done in Tijuana and I feel great but I understand your fear. With that said I had superior service compared to our local university medical centers.

My doctor is in Houston and his cost is $11700.00 for everything, all preop tests, a 1 night stay in the hospital and the first 2 post ops. It may be cheaper since you more than likely wouldn't be using the post op visits. Dr. Alanis is his name. He and his staff are FANTASTIC! They take the time to talk to me and explain anything I don't understand.

They have one in New Iberia,La for $9800 but I have heard of one in dallas for less than $10k also. I personally had mine done in Tijuana and I feel great but I understand your fear. With that said I had superior service compared to our local university medical centers.

Thanks for your reply. Out of curiosity, which surgeon did you use in Tijuana?

My surgeon was Dr. Cavazos at Texas Center for Medical and Surgical Weight Loss. I believe my surgery was 14,000 for the whole thing including hospital stay etc.

I have also heard good things about Dr.Nicholson who I think is in Dallas and his is around 12,000 or so for the VSG

Dr. David Kim in Dallas also. You may have to save a few more pennies, but so worth it, I can't begin to tell you. I was self pay and don't regret it. I wrote a check to Forest Park Medical Center for $7000, and $5050 to Dr. Kim. You can't go to the e.r. with a paper cut for that price. The FP med center was OUTstanding! I felt like a princess with a huge private room and people in and out caring for me constantly. Dr. Kim's complication rate is one of the lowest out there, which for me was far more important than the price. Find something you can sell if you have to. (I sold some property.) It was a great experience and I'm feeling well 2 weeks out. Just some more info for you to consider.

I had mine done in Mexico ($4.5K) also and I'm more than happy with it. I have heard of a North Texas operation (http://www.mybariatricsolutions.com/lapband-bariatric-pricing-specials) for a little less than $11K.

I went against the grain of this entire board. I used Almanza. But God Graces me for some reason. I must be a really smart good guy. I also went to him to prove a point on the conflicting statements on this board. Most people with complications are self inflicted in some sort of a way. I followed my pre op to a T and following my post op great. I dont push anything in my sleeve. Plus I rinse it out with Water often so nothing sits in there for to long in order to prevent problems.

Note today was my first day that I over filled my sleeve on accident by drinking too much Water. Instant upchuck. I guess thats the first test to see if its operational. LoL

But for 4500+300 at the hotel and the cost for the flight you cant go wrong. My wife is demanding I take her on thanksgiving break this year. She was a LPN at Columbia Medical and she was amazed by the clenliness of the facility.

Goodluck on whatever choice you make cause you wont regret it.

Capt, I don't get the hyperbole in your "I went against the grain of this entire board"? Most Almanza reviews are favorable, as is yours. Of the surgery center options, many seem to think he's a better choice than any in the USA, just on his experience level alone. Of course if someone insists on surgery in a hospital, then obviously Almanza isn't for them. But why write the entire board questioned your choice when only a small fraction does?

Back to low cost Texas options, has anyone used this guy? http://www.texasgastricbanding.com/vertical-sleeve-gastrectomy.php

Dr. David Kim in Dallas also. You may have to save a few more pennies, but so worth it, I can't begin to tell you. I was self pay and don't regret it. I wrote a check to Forest Park Medical Center for $7000, and $5050 to Dr. Kim. You can't go to the e.r. with a paper cut for that price. The FP med center was OUTstanding! I felt like a princess with a huge private room and people in and out caring for me constantly. Dr. Kim's complication rate is one of the lowest out there, which for me was far more important than the price. Find something you can sell if you have to. (I sold some property.) It was a great experience and I'm feeling well 2 weeks out. Just some more info for you to consider.

I, too, used Dr. David Kim and had the same experience as Aspiring Evangelist! I did a lot of research on options and Dr. Kim was my first choice. I traveled from NYC to Dallas to see him. He is trained in vascular surgery and graduated from Case Western Reserve (a top medical school). His extremely low complications rate was what clinched it for me. I was also considering doctors in LA and KS. The total cost of $12,500 included everything, even the pre-op testing. And Forest Park Medical is as close to paradise as a medical facility can get. I felt so spoiled--really a great and more importantly safe experience.

Capt' date=' I don't get the hyperbole in your "I went against the grain of this entire board"? Most Almanza reviews are favorable, as is yours. Of the surgery center options, many seem to think he's a better choice than any in the USA, just on his experience level alone. Of course if someone insists on surgery in a hospital, then obviously Almanza isn't for them. But why write the entire board questioned your choice when only a small fraction does?

[/quote']

Show me

Capt, show you what, favorable Almanza reviews besides yours? The fact he's done thousands of sleeves? You can read just as well as I can. Come on, your "entire broad" comment was just over the top hyperbole.

I also had my surgery at Forest Park Medical Center in Dallas. I know Dr Kim is good. He performed my friends surgery. Dr Nicholson was my dr and he was also good. I Paid $7000 to the hospital and $5000 to the dr.

I hat decide to accept the Existing tool for weight loss! I'm gonna be self pay so if somebody can tell me about a doctor in a Houston area !!!!