Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Getting Sleeved On Leap Day With Me?

@andi..also praying! Feel much betr today and may be getting in more shakes! Baby steps right!?! Hope u too r feeling better! Thanks for walking with me!

Today has definitely been a good day so far. Warm broth has become my best friend it feels awesome going down. I'm getting my liquids in and I don't feel so awful. Are you getting in your Protein in?

I am getting more Protein in every day but not enough as recommended... Tried broth today and wasn't good. Maybe I will try chicken broth tomorrow beef tasted nasty. Had a sf popsicle today and it was a nice change! Glad u r feeling better! Keep up the good work!

HI everyone!

I was sleeved on 2/29 as well, and JUST found this forum. :(

I'm doing well. A lot more pain than I expected and I'm a little shocked at how much my tastes have changed. I worked on reducing everything sweet in my life well before my surgery, but now anything sweet just turns me off, so you can imagine how much I hate my Protein Shakes. I'm finding that anything creamy is nasty too, so even with a nonflavoured whey Protein in milk is vile to me. I choke it down though. I just ordered the unjury's tester pack.

I'm so excited to meet more of you!

Hi des! Feeling so much better today. Great idea on the tester pack I think I will order that too! Hope u r feeling better! I am so incredibly cold don't know if that's all the junk working its way out or what but can't seem to warm up...ugh!

Hi Hawaii4me!

I'm doing better. My 2 year old had a bad night last night and kicked me square in my big sore spot. Ugh. (we co sleep most nights, my husband has been moving him to the other side, but last night he wanted me...) Strange that you're cold! I keep feeling hot, I swear I have a fever, but it's just the temperature changing. I can't wait until everything settles down and I can just get on with life!

Hey guys I'm actually feeling cold also. Today has probably been the best day so far. I actually went grocery shopping this morning which allowed me to get my exercise in. I came home and slept for hours. I am dying for real food. I won't eat any of course but so sick of liquids. I did manage to drink a shake with 32 Protein for Breakfast. Keep telling myself one more day and we will have a week in.

I blended up some lentil Soup today and added a scoop of unflavoured Protein Powder and lots of cumin and it's really yummy!

My menu doesn't even allow for Soup just broth until next week ugh. Going to call my nutrionist because that sounds really good!

Thanks! Great advice! I also have a 2 yr old who sleeps with me after 2am or so but has been ok with dad so far....she's learning to count loves to count the owes on my tummy!

I can have strained cream soup... I did talk to the nutritionist and she even mentioned lentil Soup because I said I can't handle artificial sweeteners, so the lentils would give me a little extra Protein. I strained it though.

I can also have strained pureed Soups. I think I'd go crazy if I couldn't have soups!

I have a 2 and 4 year old. I did this, in part, for them, but they sure are making it harder. Their lives just can't stop 'cause Mama is sore!

I just checked and I can have strained cream Soup also. Woohoo. I need something with substance. I can't imagine how hard it is with young kids. My boys are 14 & 16. I do remember those days.

So glad that today is the last day of the liquids. I'm not even close to making my min. Protein amount every day. They are so sweet, yuk! I'm looking forward to yogurt, cottage cheese, ricotta and the like.

(Can we have mashed eggs and tuna and stuff like that yet? I'll do so much better with protein then!)