Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm Failing! And It's My Own Fault.

Hi everyone! It's been over 2 weeks since I've really been trying to follow my program. This is my fault. I'm making CHOICES that I don't want to eat the right things and I don't want to exercise. Then I sit in front of the couch and completely overeat. And when it's time to go to bed, I reflect on how bad I've done all day, and the fact that I'm probably GAINing weight, and I cry. Can anyone help me??

Get back to the basics. Get a therapist that can help you fight your head hunger. Protein first, veggies, and cut back on all the carbs. Use Myfitnesspal.com to log your food. If your serious about getting back on track, then you do what you have to do with no excuses. Sorry if too harsh, but you've done really great up till now and it's time to get back on track. :(

HELLO WONDERING 1 I HAVE FALLEN LIKE YOU TO ITS HARD FOR ME AT NIGHT I FIND MY SELF WANTING TO EAT Cookies AND TEA BEFORE BED NOT GOOD. I WAS LOOSING UP TO FOUR POUNDS A WEEK AND WAS DOING WELL I HAVE LOST OVER FIFTY POUND IN THREE MONTH I THINK IT WAS WELL DONE. THIRTY MORE POUNDS TO GO PLEASE KEEP YOUR SELF FOCUS AND GET BIZZY ON A BOOK OR WORKING OUT TO TAKE YOUR MINED OFF NEGATIVENESS.

The best thing I ever did was put a treadmill in front of my tv. I could still "veg out" but was getting something out of it. I think a therapist to find out WHY you have this issue is important. Knowing the why is most of the way to solving the problem!

Love the idea of putting the treadmill in front of the television! Also, just do a cabinet/fridge sweep and give away/throw away everything that you know you don't need to eat. Just keep the stuff that tempts you out of the house entirely. My snacking can easily become a habit. Hang in there--you have the tools and knowledge you need to be successful!

I agree with Meg on the cabinet sweep! It's way too easy to eat crap if it's in the house. Much harder if you have to go somewhere and get it to indulge in junk.

You're not failing, though. You will overcome this. The reason I know it is because you brought it here and left it on the table. Now you have identified the problem, so it's time to do something about it! :)

Good luck!

wondering1, this is not easy . . . this is tough, . . we HAVE to teach ourselves to eat right and do the right things within the first year. If we don't, then it becomes really really hard. . . you can get back on track, it sounds like your just bored. . . busy yourself with many things . . . I find that if i do that I don't overeat (actually I forget to eat) and when you do eat, start with dense Proteins first, then veggies, and then starches. Make yourself NOT eat fattening goodies. . . think of them as pure evil. . . you don't have to jump up and down at the gym, just get out and walk around, park as far away from the store as possible and walk. . . walk everywhere. . . try really hard, and like i said this isn't easy. . . we all knew that from the get go. . . . good luck, I know you can do this!

i agree - until you have it under control, clean EVERYTHING out of the cabinets that isn't pure sleeve goodness.

Hey:

I have a few sayings that I found and saved in preparation to succeed. I'll just type them out here and you can copy them into Word and print them out and maybe stick them on your fridge or the cabinet with the bad foods :-)

PATIENCE. Let's be realistic here. You won't drop two jean sizes in one day. You won't lose fifty pounds in a month. You're going to binge (or be tempted to) every now and then. You will go a day or two without working out. Your weight is going to fluctuate here and there. You're going to try new techniques, and they're not going to work. You're a human being. You're going to fail (sometimes). But nothing GREAT is ever accomplished without a FEW obstacles. JUST KEEP GOING!!

Your biggest challenge isn't someone else. It's the ache in your lungs, the burning in your legs and the voice inside you that yells "I CAN'T!" But you do not listen. You just push harder. Then your hear that voice fade away and start to whisper "I CAN". That's the moment you discover that the person you thought you were is not match for the one you really are!!

RISE ABOVE IT! NO EXCUSES!

You've had a long day at work

Your legs are a little sore from yesterday's workout

It's raining outside

It's cold outside

It's hot outside

The drive is too far

You don't have time

Your alarm clock didn't go off

These are all excuses made by common folk

You are not common

You are not a quitter

You are not the person you may have been in the past

You are a ferocious, unyielding competitor

You will succeed

You will UNDENIABLY...Rise Above It!!

Rise Above It Wondering1. Good luck!

Agree with the cabinet sweep and the exercise advice. Just walk around the block even. Set out your exercise clothes and shoes the night before. Get out of bed and put them on and do something.

And I like to buy myself something nice as a treat to replace the thing I am not doing. A nice lip gloss, hand lotion, candle, or trashy magazine all lift my mood and make it easier to say no to other stuff. Maybe a new sugar free Syrup or new potted plant.

Buy a hobby item to work on in the evenings. I like to work on my computer, read, do crossword puzzles. Anything but watch TV which is my prime snack time!

And I also agree you haven't failed. You asked for help-you are a SUCCESS STORY in the making!!

Lynda

I'm not sure if this would work for you, but this is what I did to avoid temptation:

1. I never go grocery shopping alone nowadays. I shop with my friends or my mom or sis. They all know about the surgery and any time I try to pick something off the rack that I shouldn't, they ring huge alarm bells at me LOL.

2. Even if I have some Cookies or chocolates at home, I usually find some excuse to visit my neighbour and give those Cookies or chocos to my neighbour's 4yo kid. Or, I take them to the office and usually, when someone comes to my desk, just offer it to them. I make it a point that I never even taste it.

3. As soon as I start craving for something really 'fatty', I rush into my kitchen and start preparing veggies with lentils. I have developed an addiction to those I think :)

4. I also have a bowl of fruit salad at my fridge. So anytime I feel like munching, I take a small bite of an apple piece. That is enough for me :)

Thanks for the good advice everyone.

Circa - thanks for the advice. The treadmill is in the family room where the tv is. A lot of times that helps, but sometimes I just don't get my arse off the couch.

thinoneday - I agree with you.. I am bored. I've decided to join a Pilates class and go twice a week.

dorrie - I tried to find a therapist in my area but no luck. I will have to drive a little over an hour to see one. I find this very frustrating because I think it really would help.

Meg - get rid of all my crap food? really? should I? could I? I don't think I can. Again, I know this is a choice I'm making but I keep telling myself I can deal with stuff in the house. I don't have Cookies or chips or anything so its not that bad but this Mountain Trail Mix that Walmart sells tempts me everyday and is full of fat. Maybe I'll stick it in my hubby's car so that he can munch on it all day.

Time 2 Lose - thanks so much for your RISE ABOVE IT list. I'm posting it on my fridge. That was awesome!!

and thank you everyone else that responded. I'm back on track today and my goal is to keep myself on track for lent. so another 44 days. I know I can make it. We all can....

Thanks again everyone. You guys are great.