Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved Thursday 2/16 Did Not Go As Planned, Was In Icu For Three Days. Home Now.

I'm so sorry to hear what happen to you, just know you're in my prayers and I wish you a speedy recovery

Sometimes when you read that someone is going to be sleeved really soon' date=' you wait for them to write there first post. Sometimes that takes a little while, while they are trying to figure out what they can and can not eat or drink. This is my first full day home. I came home yesterday afternoon. We had planned for my hospital stay to be 23 hours, but things didn't go as planned.

On Thursday at 9:30am I had my surgery. I was in a great mood. Needed the waiting to be over. An hour and a half after surgery, my surgeon went to the waiting room to tell my husband and two good friends that I was fine. They heading up to the recovery floor to wait for me, two hours later the surgeon called my husband to tell him something had gone wrong and they were taking me back to the ER for a Trama Emergency. I did not have a leaky stomach, but somewhere I had lots of interal bleeding. My blood pressure was falling fast and I could hear everything in a room suddenly filled with 20 or more people talking, working, hurrying. No time for anything to be done laparoscopic, they just needed to open me up, give me blood transfusions and stop the bleeding. When I finally remember waking up in the ICU, I was tied down and incubed. I never had such fear in my life.

The good news is, I was in a good hospital with a good trama team and they moved quickly. It was very hard on my husband, who suddenly was scared he might lose me. In the ICU they took very good care of me. I wanted so much to have ice chips or Water, but they couldn't allow it until after my sip test. My priest came up to see me, but there were too many people in the room to actually say anything. Plus, I was on a lot of pain meds. They moved me from the ICU on Saturday and allowed me to come home last evening. I have a lot to learn, i.e. three sips is too much.

The stairs going up feel okay, when I get to the top I feel like I just ran around the block. Car rides feel like being out at sea during a storm.

Other good things:

It was good that I decided to drive up to church and receive a blessing from my pastor, the evening before surgery.

Micro waving a heating pad/towel.

Having the cat sit with me.

Relaxing but moving often so not to get stiff and taking very short walks out side.

Something hard: not having told many friends. Cause suddenly I needed a whole lot of prayers and some extra love.

Looking forward to healing and embracing my new sleeve and the health it will bring to me.

I am thankful to be home and feeling good.

Thanks for your support and prayers.

...thinking about changing my name from Very Soon to Blessed! ;0)[/quote']

Oh my im so sorry, but so glad to read you are doing better! Do you know what caused the complications?

Will keep you in prayer, recovery is rough enough for some, so praying this will go easily for you. Bless you!!