Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I the only one who is thinking...How did she eat all of that? No really? How were you able to eat all of that? I took my first bite of an egg one month out and threw it up. I wasn't even ready for solids. But even if I were ready I can't even eat that much now, and I am 7 months out. I know everyone is different, but if your stomach was actually cut properly shouldn't you have more restriction? I feel like those that don't have that crazy restriction like I had and most people have should seek legal representation. This surgery has been done ALOT and there are certain standards out there procedurally and also some trends in what we can eat 1 month to one year to two years after surgery. If I could eat all of that food without feeling any restriction I would file a lawsuit. That is just me...But you could still be numb, not feel anything and be eating so much that you rip your stomach open. I don't think you would not feel it, but I guess anything is possible.

Am I the only one who is thinking...How did she eat all of that? No really? How were you able to eat all of that? I took my first bite of an egg one month out and threw it up. I wasn't even ready for solids. But even if I were ready I can't even eat that much now, and I am 7 months out. I know everyone is different, but if your stomach was actually cut properly shouldn't you have more restriction? I feel like those that don't have that crazy restriction like I had and most people have should seek legal representation. This surgery has been done ALOT and there are certain standards out there procedurally and also some trends in what we can eat 1 month to one year to two years after surgery. If I could eat all of that food without feeling any restriction I would file a lawsuit. That is just me...But you could still be numb, not feel anything and be eating so much that you rip your stomach open. I don't think you would not feel it, but I guess anything is possible.

That thought ran through my mind as well. Those first few sips in the hospital were nearly impossible. To get solids at 2 weeks would be equally impossible. I am over a month out and even the mushies are sometimes difficult. I have no desire to throw down a french fry or hamburger, the anticipation of the pain and the certainty of throwing it up quickly squelches any craving I have for it. I crave Soups now. Good taste, no pain.

This sleeve gives one a kind of aversion therapy. The discomfort of eating wrong with the occasional need to throw it up sets you straight pretty quick.

I used aversion therapy to quit smoking. When I have a desire to purchase an over-priced pack of coffin-nails I recall the time that I was driving down a winding street and the burning part of my cigarette fell off into my lap. The trauma of having to choose between keeping the car on the road and myself alive or putting out the fire down below serves me well as a smoke retardant. :)