Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Checking In...

CynthiaK
Sign in to follow this  

Hi there,

So, how is everyone doing this week? What have you done to take care of you this week??? Here's what I'm doing:

1) Drinking LOTS of Water. I find that many times when I feel hungry, I'm actually just thirsty.

2) Getting plenty of rest. I'm actually trying to change my sleep pattern so I wake up earlier in the morning. I would like to work out in the mornings, if possible, when I get there. So I have been taking it easy during the week at night and going to bed early.

3) An apple a day. This SO works! I like apples ok, they're not my favorite, but they sure help me feel full. And sometimes I find that it takes me forever to eat an apple. So I just nibble on it for a few hours. It helps!

4) I'm trying to make smarter food choices. Okay, I'm not there yet, but at least I'm conscious of it!

I would love to hear what you all are doing this week. Fill me in. We're in this together!!

Take care!!

Hi Everyone!!

I'm getting sleeved 3/6. What I am doing this week:

1. Doing all of the studying/projects/research I can get out of the way for school

2. Making travel plans. I am being sleeved in Portsmouth VA, and we live in DC.

3. Making sure I have everything I will need for surgery (heating pad, comfy clothes, etc.)

4. FREAKING OUT, then calming down, the FREAKING out. Seems to be pattern lately

LOL!!! You sound just like me. One minute I'm SO excited, then next I'm terrified. You only have 10 days left!!!!! I'm excited for you!!!

So, I have gotten alot better about my eating. AND I'm exercising! :) This has put me behind at work though, so I don't have it all figured out yet, but I just put the exercise first this week. It's been hard because I will get home at 4:00-4:30 and exercise til 5:30-6:30. By time I settle down, take a shower, eat, etc. it's 7:00 and I'm so exhausted. It's been funny. I found myself having more energy at times, and then at other times I'm just wiped. I suppose I'll get used to it.

Here's what I'm eating during the week (I've got this pretty much down):

8:00 - oatmeal

10:00 - apple

12:00 - chicken breast and one tray of broccoli and cheese

2:00 - carrots

3:00 - 100 calorie pack of almonds if I need it.

4:00 - 1 scoop of whey Protein in Water

6:00 - fish and veggie

8:00 - banana

I've done this same thing every single day this week and it's worked out great for me. Plus I force myself to drink TONS of Water. I try to have 12 glasses a day.

CynthiaK, have you already been sleeved?

I'll update you on my pre op visit. I weighed in at 270 thanks to my upcoming period and he said if I didn't come in at or under my preop weight of 266 he would cancel the surgery! So I was obsessing over this diet and going crazy. I hit 266 today but I'm not slacking off. I want a good cushion of at least 10 pounds!

Other than that my preop diet has me sooooooo tired. It was a chore to get out of bed today. I'm working on addressing my head hunger because I could KILL for a huge rack of ribs. I told my husband it would be ok as long as its no sauce because its so much Protein LOL :P But I'm resisting!

I hope our tiredness goes away as our bodies adjust. Good job getting in your apple and water!!

YAY! You made it. Keep it going girl!!!

LOL! Ribs are my favorite food. But I don't want any of it right now. I'm thanking God that I am not having cravings right now.

Try a nice thick chicken breast baked with BBQ Sauce. I know it's not exactly the same thing, but it's good! :)

Yeah, I'm hoping next week will be better for my tiredness and this is just because it's my first week working out. :)

Update!!

My husband decided he wants to cook ribs Day 4 of my pre op diet LOL. Super :D I swear sometimes I want to strangle him.

UGH! Sorry girl. Hope you held strong. But if not, don't worry. The only thing that really matters is the next choice you make. There's nothing we can do about the past. :)

Hey Cynthia! how everything? ONe more day!!

Hi Everyone!

March 19th with Dr. Koppman in St. Augustine, FL!

Oh my gosh Natural! Today is your day!!!! I will be praying for you! Let me know how it goes.

I just booked my flight today. I'm SOOOOOO nervous.

And frustrated. I have been eating right, apple a day, drinking plenty of Water. I just gained back all my weight again. I just want to ball my eyes out. :(