Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew ~ August Chat

AND CONGRATS AT YOUR GREAT SUCCESS! You go girl...that's sooo encouraging! And you are doing it will the nutritionalist...a smart move!

I will need to have surgery, as there is no cure for moyamoya....it will only progress and get worse. Surgery is a treatment and the only option.

We are directly involved with the doctors now and getting second and third opinions and the various different surgeries suggested (direct and indirect bypass) each carries risks...but the risk of not doing anything is much more ominous.

I am not quite believing all that is happening.....I joke constantly....what else can you do? Oh boya boya!

But I do feel that God is watching over and this will all be settled in a positive health down the line.

Thanks for all your support.....and I'll keep you posted.

big hugs....diane : )

Hi MAY CREW! Just checking in!

Diane you take care of yourself and keep us posted for sure!

LindaWOW thats sounds like what im going through! Im doing the deep Water aerobics 3 days 2 hours aday and swimming at least 2 more days..and ive been teatering between 370and373 for 2 weeks!!! drives me nuts! Maybe i need to do what your nutritionist said also...humm SOMETHINGS GOTTA GIVE! LOL

Wanted to drop in and say hi to all the May 2006 crew. Hope things keep going well.

Special shoutout to Diane. Thinking of ya girl.

Myra

I was banded on May 30th (practically June) 2006. I just realized that there was a thread dedicated to the May 2006 bansters. I want to join the discussions and on the team goals. What do I do?:)

Added New Members

I will continue to update when we have new folks. If I miss you send me an email.

May 1st

sleepyjean

Hippo's Hope

LindaV

justduckie

txpeach

May 2nd

Velvetkiss

DrewsLou

health1st

May 3rd

kelli

louie

Judy Ann

Purple Weeble

May 4th

mychevygirl

TIDGE

lululacy

Angie71

Trip2bme

May 5th

Londoner

rockinrobyn

May 8th

Poster Child

laurapar

Sheryl Kay

Alicia521

lighter02

May 9th

Seminole

Marianne TN

Stitchy

dawner119

slwc

lorri

debgogos247

ousooner

May 10th

missnikki

JJinLA

trinsong

May 11th

babyjane

Karma2

michelletur (approved waiting for confirmation of surgery date)

bitteroldhag

papajoe

mama-anna

freebekie

May 12th

heresdeb

TwinkleLiL Star

AMF101

wiggygiggy

4MyFuture

missyfan

Letty

christy668

May 15th

Scout

RmichaelsAZ

MarcyD

maebeth

BeeJay

AnneFanny

May 16th

JillN

Gettinghealthy

jewels411

tamt

Cinderella

May 17th

anewlife

cathmo

msj0028

MJK Media

Angelator

May 18th

marz88

jboy

medussa

ARVEL

Violetflame

May 19th

Mvpo8961

jessasband

May 22nd

taxgirl

Wannalosealot

Awasaf

meedy8r

tincat

towrecovery

cherg

May 23rd

jcbydesign

Mystijen

lotsofkids

Scully0325

Ev22

May 24th

dascjp1 & sister

Nala

AndreaE

faugrad

Patsy G

Julie T

May 25th

junglejim

FREE-TO-BE

Murphles

Tracyd

cookinjillie

cookgal

macs99

Jolyow

May 26th

Kim2bhealthy

CLOE

3loves

GreatDame

sisterfunkhaus

lady29bug

May27th

CATCHUP

Kelly Girl

Wendy_UK

May30th

outdoorgrl

gjray

May 31st

escudero012004

kato

MarionJean

MiniMandy

ashagirl

christgtl

LJC

Laurie Jane

& brother

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

That's interesting to know Linda. I don't think we have the option of seeing a nutritionist at my weight management center, but I am definitely going to ask about it at my next appointment. I have often wondered if I should up my calories to something above 1200. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

I am still trucking through my diet of full liquids. I get to start soft foods on Wednesday!!! This fill has been much tighter than my first. In fact, when I drank my first slim-fast this weekend, I wasn't sure I could get it down. I have to drink hot liquids every morning to open my band and loosen the mucus and I have found it is really tight in the morning. I am able to get slim-fast down in the morning now after I have been up for a few hours. I will be back to solid foods by this weekend, so I am anxious to see how much I am able to eat. <o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

Hi everyone! Hope all is well! I'm slowly dropping the pounds, but I think I'm definitely gonna have to get my first fill soon!

Diane - You are in my thoughts and prayers! I know everything will work out okay!

Hey Alicia! I just realized that we have the same surgeon! Have we met? Do you attend the weekly support group meeting or the monthly? Where do you work out? I just started working out at the Chattanooga Heart Institute on Thursday(long story, my release to exercise got lost, then Dr. Rose went on vacation)... I haven't had my first fill yet.. supposed to be this month, but I realized after I made the appointment that I will be at the beach that week!!! We need to get together! I was banded a couple of weeks after you. I hope you are doing well!

Keep up the good work everyone!

Hi all!

Just wanted to share a quick NSV I had this past weekend. I finally got to go check out Torrid, a store for plus sizes. www.torrid.com if you don't have a store in your area.... anyway.... it was awesome! Exactly my style of stuff and great prices. Before surgery I was in a tight size 22.... last clothes I bought were size 20's (at Old Navy)... I fit into size 18 Dickie pants at Torrid!! Sweet! I even bought a mini skirt! It felt so good to not have to hope and pray they would have my size that I could squeeze my fat ass into.

This weekend I saw my mom for the first time in a month and she couldn't say enough good things about how I look. In fact I got more compliments from people the past few days than ever! I guess finally hitting the 40lb mark has really made a difference. I cut my hair into a totally different style last week and between that and the weight loss my SIL didn't even recognize me when my hubby and I walked up to them at the fair. I will post new pics soon!

Have a fab day!

Peace.

I posted this last night but figured most of you probably didn't see it so I'm posting it here:

Well. I finally did it...I cleaned out my closet and gave away most of my clothes this weekend! It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I have always kept my clothes during weight loss just in case I gain weight back. I gave the clothes (three huge thash bags full) to an aquaintance who will definately have more use for them than me and she was very grateful to get them.

What a liberating experience! I did something good for myself and was able to bless someone else at the same time.

While reorganizing the closet, I ran across a couple of boxes full of smaller size clothes from the last time I lost weight about 5 years ago. I don't usually have trouble getting rid of clothes that are too small--it's too depressing to have them around. I'm not sure why I kept these, but, most of them fit me right now and my wardrobe definately needed a boost.

Come fall, I will definately need to to on a shopping trip. I have no fall or winter clothes left. That's definately something to look forward to. I will have to fight for my closet space back--my husband has already made use of the empty space (he had more clothes than me before I got rid of stuff). When he saw all the room in the closet he mentioned going clothes shopping--FOR HIM, NOT ME! :tired I think I might have to start charging him rent for my extra closet space!

Kim - that weight loss is not slow. You are doing without having an adjustment. I haven't actually attended any of the support groups yet. I might try to go to the lunch one next week. I don't think my schedule will allow the Monday evening one due to have a 15 month old son in daycare. I work out at the Chattanooga Heart Institute at Memorial North Park...although I haven't been there in 2 weeks because I joined the gym at work. Are you downtown or at Northpark? We've probably seen each other at the office before and didn't even know it. :) It's a small world!

Howdy everyone! I love getting inspired by all your success!!! I'm not weighing in this week, TOM. Keep up the good work! I am so proud of you.

Christy: Good to see you back. How's your first fill?

I think I'm due for a second one, but I will have to wait. I'm traveling the next 2 weeks. I don't have as much restriction and it scares me a little.

Have a good one!

Hi all, its been a while since I posted but came back. I was banded on May22nd. I just had my second fill a week ago and I really have restriction now, can barelyt eat a thing so I make sure I get the Protein Drinks in so that at least something is in me. I hate throwing up all the time but I like it now that I had the second fill the weights coming down.. I figure once I loose so much I will tell the doc and he can loosen it. Had 1 and halfcc first fill and 1 second fill.

Look foward to talking again !!!

Starting weight May 22-215

Today, August7th-197.5

Linda - that is awesome about the clothes. I sifted through some recently but I think I need to get rid of everything that is too big. I have one bag of things that were already loose when I had the surgery. I held on to a lot of size 18's and some 14-16 but anything smaller than a 14 that I saved is probably not in style anymore! :) I am hoping to go on a fall shopping spree in the middle to end of September and I hope to be in a 16 by then! I think if I purchase 16's with drawstring/elastic waists I can get by until Christmas. The weightloss is great but the in-between stages will be the hardest part. Several ladies that I know that have had the surgery are visiting Goodwill and consignment shops to buy clothes.

By the way, 3Loves, your kids are adorable. I saw the pictures you posted on Amy's thread.

Thanks Linda!!! They are sure a handful at times. I feel like I have twins.

Do you ever feel like your so busy you don't even have time for living? Gosh, it has been crazy around here and I haven't been able to post much. We installed (still have to finish) a laminate flooring in our living room, hosted in-laws, church, appts and the list goes on. Enough belly-aching.....I stayed the same last Thurs for the Sept Challenge. I have lost 1 lb since Fri, but I'll keep that for this week. :) Sometimes I wonder why my body seems to want to hold on to each and every pound. I've been going to the YMCA and my DH swears I'm getting smaller. I just want to see it on the scales too. :phanvan

I will spend some time reading and catching up. Skimming through, it seems everyone is doing well.

Drews ~ Holy cow!! I'm so sorry about he possible leak. This gives me a heavy heart....I will pray for you. Please let us know as soon as you get some info!!

Diana aka Lotsofkids ~ It's good to see you post on your home thread!!! Of course, your always in my prayers. Hope your doing well and pick a surgeon soon.