Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another day, week, month, now year, not 1 lb......

Jodie... You have gotten a lot of great advice for everyone and I just wanted to add...

I think you look beautiful right here... right now. I know you have a wonderful future ahead of you! (((Hugs)))

Jodie, I know things are hard for you, but you have got to take care of yourself, obviously your family isn't going to. Water was one of the hardest things for me too. But thank God for crystal light. I get my 4 to 6 bottles of water every day now because I use crystal light and Lipton powders. I also have sever problems with my knees and am unable to do much exercise, so I understand what your going through. You have so much happening in your life right now, but you know what, you had the strength to get yourself together and get the band to help you. You have the strength ot do this too. See about a free clinic in your area if you can find one or if you have to go to your doctor, ask for samples, but get the help you need. God bless.

Ok guys, I just dont understand, I am doing exactly what the doctor asks me, Im going to crack down harder tomorrow, but as far as I can tell I would swear that I was doing it right????:think

Ive been crying for about a week in realization that Im not losing weight and I havent lost a pound since October, and now my bandiversary is coming up and I have only lost like 30 lbs, which is a lot I know, but its not enough ya know???? And my sister is just a downer about everything because she admires ppl who drop weight fast, and I know she doesnt know any better (shes not the brightest in the world, but she makes it alright) and my mom thinks I am making it up when I cant eat certain foods and have to go throw my food up if it gets stuck because she cooked something that I cant eat. I have first bite syndrome so I drink something warm b4 meals to open up the band, which works well as long as I drink it well enough in advance and dont eat stuff Im not supposed to. I really hate that I am having to have one of these entries, but I really need some support. I may start keeping an online eating journal so that I will have to post and will have to do right so I can post and not be embarassed. I had my blood tested and everything came back normal as usual. I just really need to LOSE WEIGHT, Im 18 it should be falling off.

I dont eat white bread, rice, oatmeal, or anyhting that is on my list (I understand that some of your lists allow different things, but for my surgeons purposes I try to avoid what he says to so that if its not working in a few months I will have something to show him that he cant disprove).

Im not eating Snacks (Im only supposed to have 3 meals a day, and 3 meals only.)

Im working on the Water situation now Im up to about 3 glass which is about half of what I should be drinking, but its an improvement from none.

I have 3 of the longest weeks in my life left with my parents before I move and I dont want to fight with them anymore. Mom swears Im lying and making up problems, and Im not, I wont even tell her anything is wrong with me anymore. She thinks that because I have the surgery then I dont get hungry allllll day, but I get hungry when its time to eat (breakfast, lunch, and supper) And Im finally eating the right portions, but its been a month of this and I still havent lost a pound!!!!!!! Nor a size, or anyhting, in fact I feel bigger than I ever did before. I guess Im more aware of it. Im afraid if this isnt fixed then Im going to dive into depression again and I dont want that, Mom threw away my anti-depressants she said that she didnt think I needed them anymore, or ever, that they are a bunch of crap and have no affect. When I know I need them to function, tonot her the negativity in my head..

Ill tell yall right now August 17 will NEVER come soon enough!! Ill miss em' but I wont miss the nagging and (pardon me) bitchin that I have to take from my mother, she needs antidepressants and I need them also, and until then we will never get along.

P.S. my skinny friend that has never worried about her weight EVER gained 10lbs (taking her from 107 to 117) during the pregnancy that she is trying to lose and all she does is call herself a fatass now, and she never did that before so now I cant hardly stand to be around it....I mean I weigh twice as much as she did while she was pregnant!!!!! Id give anything to be that healthy. Im supposed to weigh about 115 after I lose ALLLLLL of my weight, and at 210 (on a good day) I dont see that happening, and life's just not worth living when you spend and whole year's worth of tuition on a surgery and its not working for you. I want to be healthy, I dont care about how I look anymore, I just want to be healthy. Im tired of spending weekends alone because I dont get asked out on dates by anyone that someone in their sane mind would go with (and that is seldom). Even people with mental and physical handicaps have made fun of me when I would NEVER have said one negative thing about them! Im just on a pity party tonight, its been a bad day with my sister claiming herself to be fat when she could go on trimspa for a damn month and lose every pound and look like a super model.

I dont even like junk food. I like tofu and seafood (just not catfish) and grilled beef and venison and stuff and Mom doesnt like it so she doesnt cook it to help me out and fries EVERYTHING and claims shes on a diet! And she has no idea what healthy is..........

I dont know, kudos to anyone who reads this all the way through I appreciate your support in just reading it.........:faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:

I didn't read a single mention of exercise. It's critical...more so to some than others...but if you actually are eating right....and not losing then you need to exercise.

You mention what you eat.....how many calories do you take in during a given day?

I just got another fill in June, I have had fills and then in Jan. an unfill because I was too tight, now Im to a good fill. I stopped losing weight a about a month after I got the band tho...I havent lost anything since like September (ofcourse I was dealing with the hurricane and stuff) but you woulda thought I woulda lost so much more, the surgeons thinks I shoulda lost about 80lbs by now. I dont exercise because my knees are so bad I cant. I tried last monday, I did a low intensity workout just to get me started and Im still limping around and stiff, cant go out and do nuffin because my knees froze up AGAIN....But I know people who started at my weight and build and lost 100 lbs without the exercise! I dont get it!@Q

Well this answers my first question.

The answer to your knee issue might be swimming or bicycling. It is much lower impact than most exercises.

It really is vital that you find an exercise you can do and do it regularly and with reasonable vigour. Swimming would be great and as the weight comes down you'll find yourself able to other things.

Also you mention in another thread that you're only eating around 1000 calories a day - you're young and could probably do better on a higher intake than that. YOu might be undereating.

It sounds like you are on the right track. You are a beautiful young woman. When you lose 20 to 30 more pounds, you will be gorgeous. Keep on working with your band. It works!

It really is vital that you find an exercise you can do and do it regularly and with reasonable vigour. Swimming would be great and as the weight comes down you'll find yourself able to other things.

Also you mention in another thread that you're only eating around 1000 calories a day - you're young and could probably do better on a higher intake than that. YOu might be undereating.

Agreed. You can find something that won't hurt your knees.

I also agree on the calories....if it's a true 1000 calories then that combined with no exercise....your metabolism is likely almost nil.

I actually lose weight better when I eat my calories spread out over 4-5 meals instead of 3. I would also shoot for caloric intake in the neighborhood of 1500 or so combined with exercise.

Good luck.

I do what my doctor tells me to do just because he's the professional and has studied my eating habits and metabolism and such. I agree that I need exercise but I really cant do much my knees hurt really bad, I tried bicycling about a month ago and I couldnt walk for like a week and I wasnt even tired, my knees were just hurting. I wish I had a swimming pool, but I dont and I wont for a long time so I can not do swimming exercises although that would be the best way for me to exercise.

Doc says less than 1000 cals a day, and 3 meals and ONLY 3 meals a day, so Im going to keep track of them in a book from now on. I think Mom has been sneaking cals into healthy food, she is so ignorant of food. We got in a fight a min ago about onions (if they had calories, I said yes she said no) Well they do I got an online calorie counter and they do have calories (lots of em really). Im just in awe after today how many calories Mom was sneaking into my "healthy" food she fixes just for me! And its just as bad or worse than what they are eating.

As far as exercise, I tried Strip-Aerobics, but they were too much for my knees, as well as walking (my knees slide out from under me) and other exercises just kill my knees. The docs ALL say nothing is wrong except for some hyperextension...

Well....good luck then....sounds like you got it figured out.

An onion....is certainly not adding a lot of calories IMHO.....a whole medium onion is about 40 calories.

It sounds like you are on the right track. You are a beautiful young woman. When you lose 20 to 30 more pounds, you will be gorgeous. Keep on working with your band. It works!
I beg to differ...she's ALREADY gorgeous!

Best of luck to you, Jodie. I think with will and determination, you'll conquer whatever it is you're going through. ;)

Thanks I went to that fitday.com and signed up, mainly for the calorie counter which is terrific, now I can plug in simple things that dont come with calories (that we assume are noncalorie) and find out if they really have them or not. I just barely made it under 1000 today, Im not hungry, but I gotta figure out where to cut back at so that I can add in Breakfast. I actually like my slim*fast for breakfast every morning, but since July 6 I havent eaten very much breakfast because Im still asleep through breakfast time lol! I know Im a lazy bum, but I cant sleep at night, I think its all the coffee and warm tea I have to drink for my band (even when I drink decaf....lol) Im turning into a night owl, where as I always went to bed about 9 pm, and now its like 3 am before Im even considering sleep!

P.S. I HATE SNEAKY CALORIES!!!!

I think FitDay.com is a wonderful tool...I use it daily.

Also, regarding your knees...I have bilateral degenerative osteoarthritis in both of my knees and I'm bone on bone in my right knee. I need a new one. The exercise I've found that I can do is riding a recumbant exercise bike. Yes, I'm uncomfortable for a while after I ride, but it gets me moving. I get cortisone shots in my knees, but it only lasts about a month and then I have to stick it out for another month and a half before I can get more shots and even that's too frequent. But we do what we have to so I can have some quality of life. I also take Naproxen, which is a stronger pain med for my arthritis. It's hard when you're in pain, but I have to think of the end result. You're beautiful! You can do this ;)

:flypig: Jodie, check with your dr, he may have samples of anti depressants. I too am on medication for depression and sometimes I have to get some from my dr. due to the cost. The dr should have something you can take and it should be free.

I understand what you mean with the knees. I haven't been banded yet, but hopefully soon, but I too have to take it real easy with walking other wise I end up not walking at all. Takes a week to recoup.

Jodie, by the grace of God, you can do this. You can overcome your family and friend's negativity. You do this girl :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: you go

Roberta

Good for you girl, I'm glad your going for the gold !! Counting calories sucks but its so easy to put something in your mouth that will put you over that not losing edge. It doesn't take much for me either. If I go over 1400 I pretty much stay the same, but 1400 or below and I start to lose again... of course i don't pay attention to what I'm shoveling in, my stats show it so I will start tracking along with you.

WHOOT to you !!!! Lets do it !!!!