Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, I am so excited surgery is scheduled for the 17th of February and I can get this thing out and the sleeve the same day.

What kinds of Clear liquids did you have to live on for the 1st week after surgery?

Thanks Dana

chicken broth was my favorite. Depending on what your surgeon recommends, you could be stuck with true liquids, or you may be able to add in Protein shakes, SF Jello and SF popsicles, that kind of thing. Ask your doc or nut to give you specifics on what they allow.

Good luck on your journey!! :)

I'm Nervous my Surgery is in 10 days and I'm really struggling with the Protein Drinks already! Having trouble drinking them and keeping them down worried what will happen after surgery if I cant drink Protein drinks? I'm 5"6 weigh 320 and need the surgery. any recommendations? My Dr wants me to drink 4 a day pre surgery

My surgery is on the 17th also. I went ahead and started my liquid diet today for the hell of it. Promasil from GNC is a lifesaver. I just started my liquid diet just to give me a head starton losing. I have my alarm set for every 2:30 minutes to get a serving in. 90 cal a serving and no carbs.

Now as far as the clears. I have a case of chicken broth and a case of beef broth lol. Also I have an assortment of isopukes and Protein shots which is callogen Protein which isnt of the highest grade but some is better than none right.

Water inbetween I find is a must. I am excited and I know you are also.

I just wanted to add all I am required to do Pre Op is 14 days liquids and of the 14 days the last 3 is clears only. Hence isopukes and Protein Shots. Now Post op I will know whick isopukes that I can handle and go from there. But thats why I have the broths to fall back on. I need to order me some unflavored Protein powder Just in case. I know powders can get expensive. Healthy = expensive in my book. But me losing my job over being fat = poor in my book

Goodluck. Capt Derel

(null)

Thanks Capt Derel

I will look into the Promasil and isopukes. My situation is crazy I thought I needed a full 14 days and started then and then the Dr moved my surgery up 2 days so good for you for starting early.

I also wish you good Luck and lots of weight losses!

weight.png

I have never heard of isopukes?

I have to do a 10 day liquid diet. But have not had ny appointment with my Nutritionalist yet.

I started my liquid diet early too. My surgery set for 02/09/12. My doctor only requires me to do a 1 wk pre-op liquid diet but, I wanted to do 2wk because that's what I did before getting the lap band. Plus, I need to lose the weight I gained after the Fluid was taken out of my band. It sure is tempting though. I hear that voice saying welllll, the doctor said you only have to do a 1 wk pre-op diet. ... I hear shrimp and cheesecake calling my name.

What do you think?

Do you call the isopukes because they taste bad? Just wondering. I believe they are called Isopure.< /p>

I don't like real sweet stuff and after hearing ya'll call them isopukes I"M DEF NOT spending $5 a bottle LOL ...I will be sticking to Water broth and maybe G2 I will have to try that bc I have never had it . I don't really like gatorade or any drinks that are too sweet. The Protein Shots they have at Walmart called whey to go are made with whey Protein (of course!) and they have 42g of protein per shot. I may can sip one of those per day, they would also be MUCH better if they were less sweet!

I'm gettin my new buddy the sleeve, MONDAY!!! :)

I tried Isopure and I couldn't take more than one drink. It is nasty!