Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi...what Shall We Do First! :o))

PEvette
Sign in to follow this  

Hey, great idea....lets get this group active.....so what shall we do first??? any suggestions???

Yes! We need suggestions!

We can do individual things, as well as recurring events.

I have been interested in doing this:

http://www.houstonarboretum.org/trailtrekkers.asp

When you have walked 50 miles you get a tshirt, lol, wooo!

Also, if anyone is interested - what better motivation than getting chased by zombies?

http://runforyourlives.com/locations/austin-tx/

It is a 5k race in Austin this December - it could be something we train for and then go together. I already have a couple of people going!

We could start meeting up and going to a farmer's market or two, to get produce for the week. We could even have a healthy meal afterwards.

Just meeting up for stretching and walking would be good too. I have an awesome book that demonstrated very easy ways to get into yoga - I have been doing yoga for 20 years and would be glad to help.

We could ride bicycles - I keep an extra bike :)

We could do dance tapes in my backyard.

Also, let's stretch our noggins too - we could go to the Rocky Horror Picture Show and do the time warp. We could volunteer somewhere for a day. We could take dance lessons. Hikes, paintball, laser tag. We could go to the beach and have a bonfire and go for a midnight walk.

No further responses yet, but we will give everyone a few days and go from there - this is harder than the forum because we have to do it in real time.

NIN - Do you have anything you would like to do?

Im interested in doing anything! I just want to get out and get healthy! I am being sleeved on 3/1 and will be starting my preop diet on 2/14..but I figured meeting up and getting to know others in my area before hand would be a great plan!

I'm not getting banded until June....I have my first doctor appt on next thursday

I would love to meet up. Just let me know! I am a year post op and I still love my sleeve!

Where does everyone live? As in what part of town so we can start coordinating something! I had my surgery in July of 2010 and just moved back to Texas 3 months ago. I live all the way north in Conroe but my best friend of 20 years just moved to League City. I have weekends off and need to get more active! I have no CLUE what there all is to do here in the city!

I live in Southwest Houston... but can drive to other places...

I know my way around Sugarland very well! I love that part of Houston! BTW anyone know a good polace to get a used car in town? lol Preferably North Houston? hahaha

Honestly, I have heard that Texas Direct Auto is the best place to get a great used car....

I don't know of much to do besides concerts, shopping, dining out (which would be fun...we would all be able to share one entree), bowling..i am sure that there is ton more to do but I am in the dark.

A used car? It would depend on price range, deposit available and credit, to be honest.

Also what kind...research used models just as if they were new. A preowned certified are usually good. BMW, Mercedes, and Toyota, all good.

I have guests/business associates in this weekend for the Halloween & Party Expo, and I have to have another barium swallow tomorrow morning.

If anyone would be interested in walking around the Halloween Expo, I may have enough tickets to get you in one day. It is a wholesellers event, so it isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it's a way to get in alot of legwork.

http://www.halloweenpartyexpo.com/

Well I bought my truck from carmax....I like them, they are fair and decent in my opinion....

I'm pretty busy this weekend....but I'm open to next weekend....

Awesome I will take the car suggestions! That is pretty much my plan for the weekend :(

I agree though- one meal would work for the whole of us! lol now to just agree on that one meal! lol

I put wayyyyy too much thought into it when I join coworkers for meals or even friends because that means I will be eating that same exact meal for the next four meals! lol

We can always meet for a meal somewhere to "get to know" everyone and then brainstorm on what to do next!

This weekend is booked it seems. Personally I suck horribly at bowling lol but hey who doesn't need a good laugh once in a while? lol Checking out the halloween party expo now.

Anything that gets me moving and not spending my whole check ( aka not the mall!) is a good thing!!