Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve Friendly Vitamins And Tasty Proteins

I was taking Calcium supplements prior to my sleeve for osteopenia and severe osteoarthritis. I was supposed to start taking my Calcium supplements again this week, but gag on how huge that pill is.

Calcium carbonate does nothing for my body but make me flatulent. So started calcium citrate several months ago along with Centrum Silver. I went to a Vitamin store yesterday and found a liquid form of calcium citrate with orange and vanilla flavor.

Has anyone else tried these? Do you have recommended brands?

Also...clearly not all Protein powders are created equal.

prior to my sleeve I purchased 2 large canisters of Protein. I like chocolate, so got the chocolate type from a large department store (Think Walmart/Target/Kmart etc.)

Yesterday I went to this Vitamin store and found a chocolate whey protein a bit more pricey, but the difference is phenomenal. I will gladly pay the higher price to have something with a quality taste. Any suggestions from fellow sleevers?

My husband gets Syntha 6 online, and I've tried it (looking ahead) and it's a good quality Protein that is VERY tasty. I put it in a mini blender with skim milk. He says it's good with Water though.

I take the citracal brand. you can get it at most drug stores and also at Walmart etc. At Walgreens where I live if you watch for it you can get one and then get the second for half price. It obviously costs less at Walmart but they do not run specials like Walgreens.

Another questions for those who have had sleeves. Does everyone take a calcuim supplement? I was at a recent conference and it did not have calcuim citrate listed for those who have had sleeves......just really curious.

I take 3 viactiv plus D everyday. I also take a flinstone in the am and pm and my numbers have been perfect since surgery. My advice for Protein is GNC's 100% whey Gold Standard I like the delicious strawberry and the Cookies and cream...but I suggest that you shop some place that allows you to return what you dont like. Protein is not cheap so if you drop $30 on it you should like it or return it. GNC allows you to return anything you dont like. They have great deals online and they send me coupons almost weekly. You dont even have to print them just show it to them on your smart phone when you check out.

I like the Calcium citrates that are chewy squares - either in chocolate, vanilla or caramel. There are a couple of brands - I get them at Wal Mart or WalGreens.

I like the nectar brand of powdered Protein the best. My favorite flavors are chocolate Truffle, Vanilla Torte, or Fuzzy Navel. I make smoothies with them for Breakfast.

Yes, the nectar chocolate Truffles are wonderful!!

My doc said after my surgery never take a pill bigger than an M&M in the beginning and for Calcium he just told me to chew a Tums to fill that need. The rest of my post op Vitamins are chewable or liquid except my B1, which is a tiny pill.

I have to take a Calcium Vitamin too. The first 10 days taking it was NOT fun. I had to smash it in a baggie and take it with a spoon of sugar free Cool Whip, but now I can swallow it with no problem. I'm 2 weeks out.

I don't know about you, but I have an arsenal of vitamins/meds I take daily as indicated by my Dr...17 total!

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm getting tired of CHOCOLATE! But chocolate is the best flavor in whey Protein to me (french vanilla is just nasty).Costo/SAMs club sells a delicious ready made Protein choc shake Premier Protien 30g protein. Also EAS choc fudge 17g is good! I add a cup of frozen strawberry slices to the whey strawberry mix and blend.

Oh, one last thing, 20oz. Cytomax Protein Drink 40g protein in watermelon and tropical are great! Drink in 2-3 sessions as your body can only process about 25g of protein at a time. Best of Luck!!!

I like Designer Whey - Vanilla. I buy it at Vitamin Shoppe but, they sell at GNC and some grocery stores. I like the vanilla because I can have it straight, with cinamon (tastes like eggnog), frozen strawberries, or blueberries, coffee...

The sky's the limit I haven't had surgery yet. I've drank them for years for weightloss/ working out.

In the food forum, there is a rating of Protein powders.

there is also a list of where to get samples of different Protein powders. The nectar sample packet is a really good deal. You get to try all the flavors. It's cheapest to get the syntrex nectar directly from there.

We are supposed to use Calcium citrate not Calcium carbonate. Calcium carbonate is hardly absorbed. You can't buy citrate in the little chews in stores that I have found.

I have calicum citrate chews on auto ship from Bariatric Advantage. 9.99 a month. I've tried the carmel but I prefer the chocolate. They also come in lemon.

Try the EAS Carb Advantage. You can find them inexpensive at Walmat for about $4.22 (4 pack) at other drugstores they are about $8. I like all of the flavors but the french vanilla I like the least. 17 Protein, 0 sugars and around 100 cals. But the best thing about them is that they don't leave that nasty protein aftertaste...

WOW! Thanks everyone, there is so much variety out there. I have struggled with large calcium citrate pills getting lodged....makes me very ill feeling. The Vitamin store I went to will allow the person to return the Protein within 30 days, after reading some of these posts, I know it is not a gimic.

Thank you for all the input. I have a lot to consider.

I too drink the EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control shake. I have only tried chocolate Fudge and strawberry Cream. Very tasty and with 17 grams of Protein, 0 sugars and only 100 calories, it's pretty nice. Like FlyGirl said, no bad after taste. My local Kroger has them. They are 11 ounces and come in packs of 4. I can by two packs for $10. I tried some of the powders and just couldn't handle more than one of those a day. I'm glad to see that others are using this.