Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Curious. Post Vsg What Gender Was Your Baby?

I've been reading up on the supposed girl or boy diet for conception. The girl diet seemed similar to how most of us eat. A diet low in red meat, high in Calcium, low in carbs, high in protein....

So I was wondering...how many of you had girls? How many had boys?

Thanks

Sarah

I don't think diet really has all that much to do with the gender of a baby. I always thought it was the sperm that mattered. Then again- a womans body chemistry could kill of the sperm for one gender over another I suppose.... I'm curious now!

when i had my baby i always wondered too how the gender was to be decided. i always knew that the man was the "guiding source" I don't know if much WLS was around, nor the sleeve.

of course when i had my baby, that was 35 years agohurray.gif

kathysmile5.gif

The new thinking is that an acidic environment inside favors girls, and will kill off the Y sperm. I don't know if it's true, and the studies they have conducted don't contain enough data for me, which is why I was curious. lol. I mean the majority of us have been on the "girl diet" unknowingly. So if the majority of post-VSG patients conceived girls, then I might take this a little more seriously.

I studied gender swaying for years before I tried to conceive. Diet has almost everything to do with what gender you conceive, most people don't know this as the older info says that it's the man who determines the gender. While the sperm are either x or y it's YOUR environment that determines which sperm thrive. Vegetarians and vegans have more girls, this is a fact and it's due to their diet.

Yes, after the sleeve you are a host that is most suiting for the x (girl) sperm. I actually compiled a bunch of data after I had my sleeve on people that had weight loss surgery and conceived within 1.5-2 years after their surgery, most had girls. I wish I could find the old post as I did post it here, I'll look for the thread and see if I can find it, if so I'll add the link.

The reason for the favoring x or y sperm based on diet is that y sperm thrive in an alkaline environment and x sperm thrive in a acidic environment. Each sperm is "frozen" temporarily in an environment that is opposite to their needs. Hence giving either sperm, depending on the environment, a head start to be where it needs to be. The diet after weight loss surgery produces a more acidic environment in the vagina and therefore favors x sperm.

More boys are born than girls here in america, it's 49 girls to every 51 boys per 100 births. This is probably based on the diets of most Americans, salty, fatty ect. foods. I wouldn't be surprised if that number kept changing even more to favor boys.

All that being said, I did sway while trying to conceive and I just had a baby girl Dec 13th. I got pregnant 8 months after my sleeve surgery so my diet was already correct and I added/did a bunch of other things also as I was determined to get a girl. It worked :cheer2:

I tried the gender diet to have a girl twice- and both times I had boys.

Then I gave up and figured there was nothing I could do to get the gender that I wanted- and low and behold I had a girl!

I wouldn't ever say that diet alone is a gender sway at all, I would say don't even bother doing a "girl or boy" diet unless you planned to in the least add supplements and test PH. There are obviously other variables than just diet alone.

It also would depend on what diet you were following, there have been so many different diets developed; also depends on how strict you were on it.

After a large amount of weight loss you are in fact more in favor or x sperm, does that mean your chances are really that much better? Possibly not, depends on more than diet BUT it makes swaying easier if you intend to do so :)

I had my surgery last April and learned I was pregnant 5 months later. We've now found out that it's twins and one of each gender so I would definitely say that diet had nothing to do with mine! :)

5 months out wouldn't really count towards diet having an effect as all the research I did was 1-2 years after surgery where most excess weight had been lost. I didn't look into stats from people under 1 year out from surgery.

And like I said diet does influence gender BUT there are many other factors. Vegetarians and vegans have more girls but usually aren't overweight, extra body fat contributes to your body's overall Ph.

Medications and suppliments are also a huge factor.

I DO NOT think diet alone will yield one gender over another, I do believe it helps, especially if you are trying to sway a certain way.

I don't recommend just going on a strict diet to get a boy or girl, you need to add suppliments, frequently monitor vaginal Ph (multiple times daily), use Ph lowering techniques, and timing among other things. I did all of these things and then some, including diet. I'm not saying I had a girl from just my diet alone, please don't get that misconstrued :)

Excuse any typos, sent from my iPhone with auto correct.

Thank you so much! I am hoping to concieve around 1 year out, so next August. Any tips you can give to help sway for a girl? I have an amazing little boy, and want a girl.

This is very interesting to me. I have two boys and am currently pregnant with a third. I don't like to find out the gender before the birth, so I'll have to wait and see.......I was 5.5 months out of surgery when I got pregant. Went from 183 at surgery to 147ish when I got pregnant. I continued to lose weight for a few weeks due to morning sickness that lasted all day and getting Strep Throat around 6 weeks pregnant. (Currently 11 weeks pregnant). Got to 141 before going up to 142.5 pounds this morning (BMI of 25). Check out my blog http://stealingskinny.blogspot.com/