Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1/3/12 First Weekly Roll Call For December Sleevers - Check In!

I was sleeved on 12/21. The hardest part, like most of you, has been seeing food that I really won't be able to have. Most of which I shouldn't have anyway. I have taken the approach, that if I'm only going to a little food in then it better be good for my body. I came home before Christmas and there was lots of "holiday eating" which was tough but my family was very considerate.

The best part is losing weight. Down 26lbs in 3 weeks, I'll take it. Clothes are fitting better but I have not started to dig into my smaller sizes yet.

I am embarrassed and happy to say my recovery was a breeze. I feel fortunate to have been able to drink fluids, move around and even get to mushies very quickly.

Doc cleared me for exercise so I am starting to ramp up my cardio and adding weights.

Take care!

Sleeved 12/19

Hardest thing is the head hunger, and wanting but not being able to eat things like pizza and cheeseurgers.(i know this is for the best) Have trouble getting Protein in but getting easier every week. I also have weird dreams that I can't get under 300 pounds and I am somewhat worried that I won't lose enough weight. It seems like alot of people have this fear.

the best thing is the clothes getting smaller, and not being short of breath doing easy things. I am glad at the encouragent my friends, coworkers, and family are giving me, and of course the sleevers here. My hubby and I went on a hike in the woods today, and it's been so long since I could do that.

The recovery feels complete to me, I am blessed with a great pain tolerance. Learning every day how to listen to my sleeve, and thankfully I am able to drink fluids with little difficulty. I have some hardness under my lap sites, but I am told this s normal,

Congrats to all you losers! YOU are doing your sleeve proud!!!!!!

weight.png

So my update!

Surgery date was 12/21/11. I have lost about 16 lbs post op at 4 weeks tomorrow. I lost ~35 lbs preop, so a total of about 51-52 lbs. I have progress pics at: http://losermama.wordpress.com/before-and-after-photos/

Hardest part has been head hunger, and guilt over how many calories I am eating now that I am on a soft diet. 800-1000 calories a day. I have had things that I shouldn't have had and don't have many problems eating whatever. I am getting in with a therapist that was recommended to me as soon as I can. This is worrying me a lot in terms of my ability to be compliant.

Best part -- my wedding rings now fit, which haven't fit for over ten years ! I went to a consignment store and brought REAL brand name pants, instead of of fat brands. I am wearing a pair of Eddie Bauer pants two sizes smaller than my normal.

I lvoe reading everyone's updates!

Are you all using myfitnesspal? If you are, I am losermama73 on there. We can support each other.

Hello! I was sleeved the 20 th, and I've lost 21# so far (since preop diet). I would say that there are two things super hard about this: witnessing food sights/smells that I know I can't eat yet, and the other is freaking myself out over the slightest bit of gas or pain, thinking I might have a leak (esp after reading some of the stories on here about people who had them...).

I am with you on the things I can't have, this is hard. Sounds like several of us experience this. I was also surprised by how much time eating and thinking about eating used to take that I now have to fill up. i've been knitting and crocheting a lot to busy my hands.

The best part has been doing things w/ little to no effort that I would be sweating and huffing trying to do.. Like, putting on my socks, massaging my feet...

Also, my incision is oozing again... again, no infection just Fluid.. Other than constantly changing a bandage, it's all good... I think I've dropped another 5-10 pounds.. trying to stay off the scale.. but my clothes are falling off!! LOL..

I agree about the easier ability to do things -- its pretty crazy. The thing that comes to mind for me is that I have noticed that my knees don't hurt as much going up stairs. I had a trouble incision too, I think its finally healing over (knock wood)

By the way, I'm Catherine, age 40, married with a 6 year old son. I am the Director of Compensation and Benefits for a large company. I live in Cincinnati and am thrilled to find support here because I have yet to find a real life support group that isn't lame. smile.png

Hi Catherine, I'm Julie, and I have 4 kids and work for in high tech. I'm in Boise ID :) :) Glad you are here!

I love everyone's updates from sleeve brothers and sisters!