Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have had a really rough couple of days here with life, and have avoided stepping on the scale in over a week because I was stalling like 2weeks out. Today I stepped on the scale and I was only down.... 2 more lbs. I have only lost 12 lbs post op, 22 if you count my pre op. I am so disappointed that I've only lost 13 post sleeve lbs and I'm starting on my 4th week. I know I don't have a ton to lose, but I feel like any diet I've ever done has peeled the weight off faster than this. I know this is a whole new life but I'm still bummed.

I just need to kow that there were other people like this and that I'm not going to be the one person this surgery doesn't work for.

I don't think losing 2 lbs after a stall is bad. For me the weight hasn't come off that fast either! Last week I lost nothing! The week before that was 3 lbs. I've been a pound a week for a while and I know it's frustrating, but just stay positive and know that this has to work! Your body is probably adjusting to the loss. Make sure you drink your Water and get in your protein! As I say this to you, I'm also reminding myself, lol. It is hard some days to make sure we get in everything we need. You'll be to your goal in no time and look back and laugh that you were even worried! Happy New Year!

Also remember that you gained the weight back with all those other diets. If you think about it, the "magic" of this tool is that we have hope of keeping it off FOREVER! Rapid weight loss would be awesome (I haven't lost weight in 10 days so I know the feeling), but the biggest prize would be to never gain it back. Right?

And you may be experiencing any number of issues post-op--water retention (TOM?, salt from broth? ), a slow end to the 3-week stall, etc. You may also be a slower loser, due to your lower starting weight. That's okay, too--as the poster above says, you know this is a "forever" tool, so Celebrate every pound that comes off--you won't be seeing it again!!

Have had a really rough couple of days here with life, and have avoided stepping on the scale in over a week because I was stalling like 2weeks out. Today I stepped on the scale and I was only down.... 2 more lbs. I have only lost 12 lbs post op, 22 if you count my pre op. I am so disappointed that I've only lost 13 post sleeve lbs and I'm starting on my 4th week. I know I don't have a ton to lose, but I feel like any diet I've ever done has peeled the weight off faster than this. I know this is a whole new life but I'm still bummed. I just need to kow that there were other people like this and that I'm not going to be the one person this surgery doesn't work for.
It is a lifestyle change,,, I had thoughts like yours, I was scared the sleeve would fail me or I would fail it. I was extremely frustrated many times with a 1 pound weekly loss.... once I only loss .5 of a pound. And then of course the stalls you read about, but only when it happens to you it is so very personal.. I had one for 3 weeks and about died cause I was doing everything right and still did not lose..... Then all of a sudden people are noticing you are losing weight, you are noticing your clothes are big, you drop down a size in clothing, and then another size, it is awesome - it truly is a rush to have the continued success of losing weight.... Hang in there... below are my stats, I need to hit a 150 # weight loss,,, that is more than most on this forum... I dont look at that part, I keep looking at my monthly loss and try not to get discouraged... Just keep plugging along, if you follow your doc advise, be mindful of your protiens and Water intake, exercise... WOW.. great things will happen!!! aureola.gif

I agree with what others have said. Just want to give you a little encouragement to stick with your program and know the tool will work for you!

My weight loss has been slower than a lot of people who started at a weight near mine, but I'm closing in on goal.

Lynda

Are you doing any exercise? Even walking will help speed the weight loss. I been walking and riding the stationary bike at the gym almost every day for 30 minutes each.

Take the word " Only " out of your vocabulary. Only makes your lost sound small when any loss is a victory. 22 pounds is 22 victories. Stay positive and dont let a stall get you down. the stall will pass as all things do.

Wow, you lost 22 lbs. That's great. It will bet bigger from here. Your body is still adjusting to the sleeve. Hang in there and picture in your mind the weight just melting off. It will happen. Are you losing inches? It will happen. How much do you eat? Are you exercising? Hang in there. ;)

ATeam.. I am in the same boat. Have lost 18 pounds since surgery almost 2 months. When I hear of some that have lost 50 pounds in 2 months. I realize we are all different. I was not a big eater to begin with.. I did eat Cookies, cakes and pies so its myfault I was at 330 when I started. I am a slow loser.. we should form a special group. I am taking the encourgement of others and hanging in there (really got no choice)

Question, are we doing something wrong. should we eat more, or eat less? There are days when I just wont eat anything. When I do eat, I eat Protein first, then veggies. I've eaten a Hersery Kiss to ease the want for chocolate, but no Cookies, cakes, pies, bread, Pasta etc. Only Protein, veggies and fruit. I journal daily, calories between 500 - 700 a day. I guess I must up the excersise I know that's lacking. I've heard if you start excersising now and stop (as I'm sure I will.. I HATE TO EXCERSISE) the weight will come back.

So I figure.. slow and steady wins the race. Hang in there I am!!

Ateam, your story sounds exactly like mine! I'm going into my fourth week post-op, and have lost 13 lbs since surgery, 20 total. I only weigh myself once a week, and didnt lose any weight last week. It is discouraging, and i fear somehow i will fail the sleeve, but the good news is...we cant! We will lose, whether it be fast or super slow, we'll get there! Its hard when you see others who have lost like 30 lbs in one month, but I try and think of the positives, like the slower we lose the more time our skin has to catch up, lol! Most people stall, we just gotta keep going, and we will lose again! I promise!

I feel your pain- its mine too! I thought I would lose faster after surgery- but I lost alot pre-op, so I guess, I didn't have a lot of Water weight to lose. I eat about 600-700 cal a day and if I don't get in 30 min of exercise one day, I try to do at least an hour the next day. My Dr told me to throw away the scale, it will only make me crazy. I do not see a big difference, but others around me have noticed a big difference. Although I know I am losing inches because some clothes I couldn't wear now fit me. (Others seem to have gotten longer!) Hang in there and try not to compare yourself with others (which is what I am trying to do). Also I am 50- older you get, slower wt comes offblush5.gif

Do you notice the difference in your clothes? for me that is the bread winner. i can get mad that the scale is not going down but i do notice that my clothes have dropped majorly more than the scale. its a struggle cause we think its gonna happen soo quick but really it took time to put it on and your body needs to reset itself from all the dieting. i know my metabolism isnt great since i have dieted soo much. keep your chin up this is the right tool for the job have faith in it!

As others have said, take the word only out of your vocabulary. This is not a race, but a lifestyle change. As long as you follow the "rules", you will lose weight.

When the scale isn't moving, you should be looking for the NSVs. For me the weeks I don't lose pounds are the weeks where I see the most difference in how my clothes fit. I walked out of my first size lost during a stall!!

I actively look for those Nsc changes now. My car seat is much more comfy now, I am down two sizes, I am getting rid of my bi-pap in a couple of weeks, and I am able to walk more and longer distances than before!! I love those changes, even when the scale is being stubborn.

The best part is that I may get up tomorrow and see another 2.6 pound loss like this morning! Our bodies do what they want, but the weight that is gone now STAYS gone!! Yay!!

Lissa

There are days when I just wont eat anything. .

You are probably not a slow loser. Not eating at all some days and only eating 500 -700 calories when you do eat, is most likely the problem. I am not an expert though. I suggest you post a thread about this and others will chime in. Best wishes!

Better yet....call your nutritionist.

Edited by longer-life