Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Months And Stalled Already?

I was sleeved 10/19/11 and lost 21 lbs the first month and 5 lbs this month (the ticker includes 18 lbs lost on the pre-op diet). I am at a weight that I stayed at for years pre-sleeve. I wonder if this has anything to do with the body "remembering" this weight. I have seen my size decrease from a tight 24W to a loose 18W and can fit in one pair of 16W's. Just in the second month I went from a 20W (barely squeezing in) to the 18W and I found my neck. My breasts stick out further than my belly for the first time in forever! I am baffled by losing size but not weight but I'll take it! I try to look at all the things that are changing rather than the number on the scale but it's frustrating to have it say the same thing every day. I'm sure it will move eventually...

I am 6 weeks post op today...I have been stuck between 229 & 227 for three weeks. Its so frustrating that I have stopped losing this soon out...and being self pay, it makes me feel horrible that I have spent so much money! I too, am trying to focus on the NSV's and I am loosing inches....although not a lot. I would love to hear if there are any folks out there who hit a long stall soon after surgery....but went on to make your goal weight.

Hang in there! I was sleeved on 10/17/11.. dropped 25 lbs immediately.. then was stuck at 201 for 3 weeks!!! 201!! That was a mind trip trying to get into 100's.. I upped my Proteins and lowered my carbs, then weight loss started picking up again.. I am losing an average of 1-4 lbs a week (depending on how much I exercise). Some days I wander if it was worth it, then I realize how good I feel and how inspirational I have become to others watching my progress. Just keep treading on!

It's super common for people to stall a few weeks out from surgery. Some reasons for it include the fact that you just went through major surgery and your body is adjusting from the shock. Second, that you are transitioning from liquids to mushies to solids and that is yet another adjustment for your body.

Try to start in on some exercise as much as you safely can, and really watch your calorie/ carb intake (whichever you choose to focus on). Carbs can be healthy if they are healthy and not hidden in other things that "seem" healthy.