Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Weeks Post Gastric Sleeve Surgery And Not Losing.....

Im almost 3 weeks post op and started mushie foods last Sunday and so far i have gained 3 pounds !!! I dont get it.... I drink plenty of Water and am only eating a handful of things like mashed potatoes, etc... I have also been very active, been to the mall like 5 times this week and have walked it for hours !! I have heard of the 3 week stall but now im gaining. For a week or so i was sitting at the same weight but now I am gaining.... Im getting so frustrated, should I go back to liquid? Or is this normal? Im so afraid of this not working, its bringing me to tears.... Please help !!

hi apebrown (et al) - we're in similar boatsfish2.gif hope you're doing how doing can go at this early stage of the game.regular_smile.gif

I don't know how i should figure out how i'm doing. (want to hear some comparison shopping of you experienced sleevers. I'm 2 days post-op.

In the 2 day stay at the hospital, i didn't have much choice but to lay on my back. not very comfortable for me. People were pretty nice and helpful though.

when lunch tray was "served" on this big plate w/cover, my husband took the cover off and was laughing pretty hard. on this big plate were these 2 individual ittsy bitsy containers of Jello and broth.!!!)

I also had my Water, and i took all my medicines. (nothing that will be helped with weight loss) swallowing the meds for the frst time was pretty hard. i took them veryyyyy slowly and i was afraid I'd have alot of problems getting them down. not too bad though.

I had a great dr. This really needs a visual, but...the other day i said something to him like "you're gonna do a great job right?" he put out a hand that was shaking, he said "yeah, i hope i will stop shaking by then". DOS when I saw him, extending both arms, and he said to me,"see no more shaking"smile.gif

Its sooo nice to be home. DH took next week off, and will be home through 12/26/11. He's helping like a real trooper. Repeating i'm just doing the walking, and drinking.

i do have the paperwork about what comes shortly after i'm feeling better in a week or so (i hope) but its better to hear it from a "real person" who has experience all this.

Anyone ready for a shout out.... the floor is yours - i'll see you all at the Water cooler, and i'll buy for the first 'million" replies!!!

hi apebrown (et al) - we're in similar boatsfish2.gif hope you're doing how doing can go at this early stage of the game.regular_smile.gif

I don't know how i should figure out how i'm doing. (want to hear some comparison shopping of you experienced sleevers. I'm 2 days post-op.

In the 2 day stay at the hospital, i didn't have much choice but to lay on my back. not very comfortable for me. People were pretty nice and helpful though.

when lunch tray was "served" on this big plate w/cover, my husband took the cover off and was laughing pretty hard. on this big plate were these 2 individual ittsy bitsy containers of Jello and broth.!!!)

I also had my Water, and i took all my medicines. (nothing that will be helped with weight loss) swallowing the meds for the frst time was pretty hard. i took them veryyyyy slowly and i was afraid I'd have alot of problems getting them down. not too bad though.

I had a great dr. This really needs a visual, but...the other day i said something to him like "you're gonna do a great job right?" he put out a hand that was shaking, he said "yeah, i hope i will stop shaking by then". DOS when I saw him, extending both arms, and he said to me,"see no more shaking"smile.gif

Its sooo nice to be home. DH took next week off, and will be home through 12/26/11. He's helping like a real trooper. Repeating i'm just doing the walking, and drinking.

i do have the paperwork about what comes shortly after i'm feeling better in a week or so (i hope) but its better to hear it from a "real person" who has experience all this.

Anyone ready for a shout out.... the floor is yours - i'll see you all at the Water cooler, and i'll buy for the first 'million" replies!!!

sorry, about i posted too early. so i'll stop for nowhurray.gif

better stop now

kathy

Wow, they actually let you have food in the hospital. I got nothing. The first day was nothing orally. Boy was my mouth wanting H20. The second day was juices and I couldn't sip the cranberry. I was so hungry. I think it was stomach acid. I picked up on mashed potatoes. I focused on eating my Protein first, I didn't have any kind of potato until my 8th week out. We need alot of protein sot hat is what I had to focus on because I am worried about losing my hair. Now I think protein, protein, protein and I eat very little. Your weight gain may be Water weight. I know you will do it, this is not a failure. It's the real thing. Hang in there and the weight will start to fall off. biggrinjester.gif

sorry, about i posted too early. so i'll stop for nowhurray.gif

better stop now

kathy

Im almost 3 weeks post op and started mushie foods last Sunday and so far i have gained 3 pounds

me again, kathy, apebrown, sorry i keep messing up these posts, gotta learn how to do this better.

as far as you not losing yet, and even gaining 3lbs. - don't misunderstand how i say this but i haven't lost weight either.

we'll both be fine soon - sitting ∨ running on that darn losers benchiagree.gif

kathy

i think i finally did this rightseeya.gif

I'm not even two weeks out and haven't lost anything in almost three days. I think it may be some of the baby food I've been eating. Gonna try and give that up now that I discovered Fage greek yogurt. Good luck to you!

My sister and I in the same boat. 3 weeks out and no loss. From what I've been reading this is normal. Alot of people experience the 3 week stall. With the amount of food that you are intaking...loss is bound to pick up again soon. Hang in there!! Trust me this is going to work for you. I'll keep you updated.