Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

okay, confession time! I am 21 mos out and been "maintaining" for about a year. I have gained about 10 lbs and was really doing well except I have REALLY gotten the sugar bug in the last few weeks. Again, got over it somewhat and was doing better - walking etc. Well, here's the confession (smile) I had to work a seminar with my company Wed night - great time with our clients - catfish dinner (which I ate little of) BUT they had FRIED PIES!! You will not believe this (well, maybe you will) I at TWO pies there (easily) took home more and ate THREE THE NEXT DAY! Now, THAT'S how you regain weight. I could hardly get down a few bites of the "normal" food but those pies went down VERY EASILY! Soooo. I WILL be bootcampintg this coming week! And LOSING my 10 lbs. Agreed, Diva, too much effort to lazily regain what I have accomplished in my life!!! Love the new me and want to keep her!!! WE CAN DO THIS!

okay, confession time! I am 21 mos out and been "maintaining" for about a year. I have gained about 10 lbs and was really doing well except I have REALLY gotten the sugar bug in the last few weeks. Again, got over it somewhat and was doing better - walking etc. Well, here's the confession (smile) I had to work a seminar with my company Wed night - great time with our clients - catfish dinner (which I ate little of) BUT they had FRIED PIES!! You will not believe this (well, maybe you will) I at TWO pies there (easily) took home more and ate THREE THE NEXT DAY! Now, THAT'S how you regain weight. I could hardly get down a few bites of the "normal" food but those pies went down VERY EASILY! Soooo. I WILL be bootcampintg this coming week! And LOSING my 10 lbs. Agreed, Diva, too much effort to lazily regain what I have accomplished in my life!!! Love the new me and want to keep her!!! WE CAN DO THIS!

That is awesome, love it!!! Good luck to you! :)

I am a little over 5 months out and I have hit my first MAJOR stall. I have had stalls before (lasting a max of about 2 weeks) but this time as of today I am on a 1 month stall. It's so discouraging. I've lost a total of 107 pounds (including almost 30 pounds pre-surgery) and feeling great. I work out at least 5 days a week. Two of those days are with a trainer and one of those days are a boot camp program. I really don't understand this long of a stall. I feel I am doing something wrong but not sure what??? My diet is pretty much the same as it's been the last couple of months and I have even increased my activity. I'm going to try your basics bootcamp starting Sunday. Wish me luck! I will let you know how it goes for me.

lilmisDiva is this the challege you were discussing on myfitnesspal last week?

Yep! You can start it anytime. :)

Thanks LMD,

Going to have to try it for my options program need to lose 24lbs before surgery!!

Thanks LMD' date='

Going to have to try it for my options program need to lose 24lbs before surgery!![/quote']

I did this as my "ease into the pre-op diet.". I loss @ 7 lbs in 5 days (more than I did on my pre-op diet).

Sent from my iPad using VST

I did this as my "ease into the pre-op diet.". I loss @ 7 lbs in 5 days (more than I did on my pre-op diet).

Sent from my iPad using VST

Wow!! That's great!! I'm down 3lbs this week!! 21lbs to go!!!

Diva, can you prepare the meat and eggs in some sort of fat..olive oil? What do you suggest?

Me personally I don't cook my veggies any way except steamed. But when I do cook with oils its always EVOO.

I should've read the whole post first..disregard my earlier post asking about fat/oil to cook with.

I should've read the whole post first..disregard my earlier post asking about fat/oil to cook with.

BTW I also use Land O Lakes prepared with Olive Oil too. It has a lovely flavor. I never use synthetic butter. Ever.

I don't avoid fats as much. I choose to just eat healthy with moderate "good" carbs. White carbs is what I avoid mostly.

A couple questions - Splenda? coffee? Processed meats (beef Jerky, beef sticks)? Edamame (nut/seed/veggie - not sure)?

I get lots of questions regarding how to get back on track. This journey is tough, and one thing I've learned is that I'm not perfect - but if I'm going to move past that I have to figure out how to forgive myself. For me, the main factor in my obesity was my inability to overcome this. So I would give up and gain all my weight back, and even more. I cannot do this to myself!!! I have to pick myself back up and keep it moving. I didn't go through 2 torturous painful weight loss surgeries to just keep giving up. Heck no!!!

So, along my Sleeve Journey, when I noticed I wasn't doing well and needed to get back on track this is what I did:

The BASICS BOOTCAMP:

For 5 STRICT DAYS I will eat only...

Proteins: Seafoods, Poultry and eggs, Dairies, nuts/seeds including Peanut Butter.< /strong>

Veggies: Green only.

Fruits: None.

Breads/Cereals/Other Carbs: None.

Fluids: One gallon of Water (128 oz.)

Protein drinks (RTD or Powder).

Avoid: Sugar and Sodium

Once the 5 days are over, I am pretty much over the Sugar Carb Demon. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate carbs! I do need them to live a healthy life and since I workout a lot it is important I have them. However, I need GOOD carbs. Whole grains, fruits, veggies... But I don't need processed sugars. White carbs, in cereals, breads, rice... etc.

Lots will do the 5 day pouch test. http://www.5daypouchtest.com/ Great! To each their own. I personally do not do this. My first reason is because I don't have a pouch. I have a sleeve. The second reason is because for me, this has proven nothing but torture for me. I don't feel like I should have to do that. My personal program works just as good without that side effect. The only reasons I've ever done liquids only is simply from being threatened with my life (post op) or if I'm just feeling sick and to let my Sleevie rest. That's it.

Good luck everyone! This journey is tough, but nothing worth doing is ever easy. Xoxo

I have recently heard some not so flattering things about Splenda. I'm am cutting down my consumption of it by a lot. It is said that anything more than 7 packets per day is detrimental in the long term and can cause cancer.

I highly encourage all veggies and legumes/beans. :)

This Starting Over plan is only meant to be in the very short term and I do not personally recommend anything more than 5 full days. I believe 100% that we should eat a well balanced diet.

HTH!!

I have cut all artifical sweetners down to a very low percentage of my diet. I would rather just use a little bit of real sugar if I must. I am working on eating organic or at least anything with less that 5 ingredients on the label. :) I don't want to be a processed body that can't rid my extra lbs. :)

I have at max 4 packets a day, mostly only one when I do have it, probably half the time I have none so I can do that! I have stevia too but it is a bag and trying to use up my packets for now. How is stevia - still considered natural and safe? I'm on day 3 and I think day one is hardest - saying "NO" to the bad carbs when technically you could still eat them and be in calories. I had some raw veggies and dip last night at a party and steered away from the sugar cookie fruit pizza ;)

I have recently heard some not so flattering things about Splenda. I'm am cutting down my consumption of it by a lot. It is said that anything more than 7 packets per day is detrimental in the long term and can cause cancer.

I highly encourage all veggies and legumes/beans. :)

This Starting Over plan is only meant to be in the very short term and I do not personally recommend anything more than 5 full days. I believe 100% that we should eat a well balanced diet.

HTH!!