Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally Approved For Gastric Sleeve Surgery!

I am so excited!!! I have been waiting to hear this since I started the six month supervised diet. I was going through my mail today and seen a letter from my insurance company, I didn’t know what it was all about until I seen approved for Lap sleeve gastrectomy, my mouth drop and all I could say is thank you JESUS. They will call me Monday with a date for surgery praise God, all I could see is this year ending great and starting 2012 with a tool that will help me have a successful journey with a new me…..…Hallelujah.

:clap2: Y’all I am truly rejoicing!!!! :cheer2:

Hi,

I'm just starting the supervised thing. I went to my PCP doctor and told him what the insurance company expects in order for the procedure to be covered. He replied that he had never had to do that criteria before. I told him I had just spoken to the Bariatric Team coordinator and wrote down what I needed to do. He said the Bariatric office will do the 6 visits and I said they told me you would do them. I am so confused right now.

I see you said "finally approved". What complications did you have? How do I get my doctor to comply? Who did your visits the PCP or the Surgeon? I am so frustrated!

Vicki (Oma Milam)

Congrats we may be having our surgery around the same time, it is a wonderful feeling to finally be approved!

Hi Vicki, I did not have any complications, none what so ever. The reason I said finally is because it seem like I had been waiting forever to hear those words. I did my six month supervised diet with a dietitian, I don’t know if a PCP would do it with anyone insurance, it's usually a dietitian whom does this. I do hope you would be able to connect with the person you need to in order to start your six month supervised diet.

@Tenna, thank you and I hope so. Keep me informed of your date and I'll do the same with you.

Gina

Vicki, i did my 6 months of required visits with my primary care physician. I just had to pay my 10 dollar copay every month (pretty good considering my whole surgery is covered) I would call the Bariatric office back again on Monday and see if they will speak with your PCP so you can get everything started. Good luck.

Congrats ! I didn't do the six month supervised diet, but I'm sure it feels like forever waiting for it to be over. I started my journey Sept 26, 2011 and I will be sleeved November 30th, and just that little bit of time felt like forever, so I can't imagine how 6 months would feel. Anyways congrats! We are so worth this. Time to move on with our lives and get skinny!

Congrats!! I have my final appointment on Dec. 1st and hopefully, I will be sleeved around Christmas time... I'm so excited for you!!!

I can't believe it's been almost 6 months!!! OMG!!!!

Congratulations, Makingchanges..awesome to hear!

@ Felicia, thank you and I am so looking forward to this new me, and I am hoping the best for you on your day and in transformation, let's stay in touch since I’ll be right after you.

@favoredone, yes finally the time is here for you as well. I am hoping the best for you as well. As I told Felicia, let's stay in touch to keep up with each other progress. I am hoping all goes well with you too.

@peacequeen, thank you, I see that you are well on your way to be sleeved as well. Truly I am hoping the best for you as well, let's keep in touch.

I am so happy, and am awaiting tomorrow to get a DATE, so I could know exactly when I’ll receive my new tool to see this transformation take place. ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!!