Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have embraced a new GOAL!!

Someone asked me to post the side by side of some 28W's I had kept around. Here is the differences:

post-41318-13813668774748_thumb.png

post-38-13813657885628_thumb.jpg

OMG thanks for sharing - you constantly challenge me to keep going! I must say I am so thankful this Thanksgiving that I found you Irene and all my friends here on VST. You are amazing and I cannot wait to see you in those "0"'s! You will do it - no doubt!

Kim

Likewise my dear friend. :) It was a joy to watch you meet and exceed your goal!!!

Oooh, those jeans are super cute!!

I can't believe how big our old 'big' clothes are, can you?? What always shocks me is HOW MUCH THEY WEIGH. I had a whole high stack of my new smaller trousers and a 'stack' of three pair of my old size 20s...and the big stack weighed less to pick up than the three pair of big ones did. Blew me away. I also put a pair on and COULD NOT BELIEVE I used to fit in those. Seriously. I guess I really didn't realise how big I was. TRIPPY.

Anyhow, loving your size 0 goal, I've no doubt you'll make it. And those jeans will look hot on your great backside too.

Hello!! I got my new jeans today. Zappos is great. ;-) Aaaannnyyywwaayyyy... I took a few photos to share because I wanted to show the differences (not much) in "vanity sizing". You can see the Levi's and the NYDJ's are exactly the same size... yet the Levi's are 4's and the NYDJ's are 0's. In fact, I'm saying right now, I'll fit those 0's first. They are much more stretchy and have more leg room. LMAO!!!!

Ready, Set, GO!!! Like I said, I don't care how long this takes. I'm just going to keep doing what I know how to do and spot checking during my workouts. Could take 6 months, could take a year, I don't know.

post-38-13813657884524_thumb.jpg post-38-13813657885107_thumb.jpg

Can you believe today's 4 is really the size 8 of 20 yrs. ago, so today's 0 is yesterday's 4 which is SUPER SUPER small, ...I'm wearing a 6 which is really a 10 my size from 20 years ago. Also wearing some 4's so I'm technically an 8-10. OMG it's all too much LOL! it's insane.

I was thinking about this too, so if Marilyn Monroe was a 12 or 14 (yesterdays sizes) she would be an 8 or 10 from today's sizes. Ugh vanity sizes. But I guess it was good when I was bigger otherwise I really would have been depressed LOL.

PS I know you are going to reach your 0 goal girl! I have NO DOUBT :smile1: You are awesome!

Oooh, those jeans are super cute!!

I can't believe how big our old 'big' clothes are, can you?? What always shocks me is HOW MUCH THEY WEIGH. I had a whole high stack of my new smaller trousers and a 'stack' of three pair of my old size 20s...and the big stack weighed less to pick up than the three pair of big ones did. Blew me away. I also put a pair on and COULD NOT BELIEVE I used to fit in those. Seriously. I guess I really didn't realise how big I was. TRIPPY.

Anyhow, loving your size 0 goal, I've no doubt you'll make it. And those jeans will look hot on your great backside too.

Yes! I don't know what posessed me to hang up those pants... but sheesh it needed 2 frickin hangers. I was a big big girl. I'm just mad no one told me!!! LOL :) No kidding on how much they weigh too. I think those pants must weigh 3 Lbs on their own. Like 3 of my pants now days.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I mean this is a really weird, unreal goal for me. NEVER NEVER NEVER did I EVER think I'd even be CLOSE to fitting a size 0. And here I am hanging them up on my wall. I'm very close. Need 2 things, for my swelling to go down from my contouring and then spot checking and maybe another 10 Lbs. We'll see, but I know I'll get there!!

This is why I'm always stressing around here when I see posts that doubt they can do this or that... YOU ABSOLUTELY CAN!!!!

Hugs!!! :)

Can you believe today's 4 is really the size 8 of 20 yrs. ago, so today's 0 is yesterday's 4 which is SUPER SUPER small, ...I'm wearing a 6 which is really a 10 my size from 20 years ago. Also wearing some 4's so I'm technically an 8-10. OMG it's all too much LOL! it's insane.

I was thinking about this too, so if Marilyn Monroe was a 12 or 14 (yesterdays sizes) she would be an 8 or 10 from today's sizes. Ugh vanity sizes. But I guess it was good when I was bigger otherwise I really would have been depressed LOL.

PS I know you are going to reach your 0 goal girl! I have NO DOUBT :smile1: You are awesome!

Oh yeah! Vanity sizing is insane. I've taken to checking measurements now when ordering clothing online. There's no way of knowing what you'll get back. Like I said too, these jeans I just got are even more stretchy so I'm going to fit the Zero's first. ...and I'm totally OKAY with that!!! Haha!! :arf:

Marilyn Monroe's waist was a 27. I think that is where I got the idea on wanting that to be my end result. Well I'm very close!

Anyways, girlie it doesn't matter... cheers!!! We're here!! :cheers2:

Great goal, Diva! You'll make it in no time. And thanks for posting the comparison pics, too - those were fun to look at!

Marilyn was recorded by her dressmaker as between a 23-24 inch waist. I think in today's measurements that would actually make her a size zero from most clothing manufacturers. Her waist-to-hip ratio definitely makes her look more "zaftig" in photos but in reality she was quite small in the waist. I saw an exhibit that had some of her memorabilia years ago and was astounded to see some of the dresses she wore - I'd always pictured her as this larger woman but the waist on her dresses were smaller than my thigh!

So, you really are aiming to be the size of Marilyn. :smile1:

I wish you a speedy recovery. You look absolutely fantastic.

~Cheri

Great goal, Diva! You'll make it in no time. And thanks for posting the comparison pics, too - those were fun to look at!

Marilyn was recorded by her dressmaker as between a 23-24 inch waist. I think in today's measurements that would actually make her a size zero from most clothing manufacturers. Her waist-to-hip ratio definitely makes her look more "zaftig" in photos but in reality she was quite small in the waist. I saw an exhibit that had some of her memorabilia years ago and was astounded to see some of the dresses she wore - I'd always pictured her as this larger woman but the waist on her dresses were smaller than my thigh!

So, you really are aiming to be the size of Marilyn. :smile1:

I wish you a speedy recovery. You look absolutely fantastic.

~Cheri

Whoa what??? Sheesh, I'd read somewhere her waist was a 27... hmmm... well I guess I'll never have a waist that small then!! Haha!!! :banghead: Because for real, I'm sooo done after this goal. I just don't have the frame for that.

Okay, well who know with the countouring I just got. I have to remember to never say never all the time. To be honest, I have NO idea what my measurements will be once all is said and done. I just know imma gettin in those pants dangit!! :Angel_anim:

Ok, I did a little research - which I should've done a long time ago. Oh well, it is the case, MM had some curvaciousness going on. Almost impossible to replicate. 36D, 22 inch waist and 35 inch hips... Wow - that's some serious hourglass goin on.

Not that THAT is really what I was doing... I just always thought it was weird she was considered big when really, she was far from it. And mostly that sizes of today are much different than they were in the 50's. But really, she had a tailor so it's just not feasible to compare sizes to what size average Jane wears versus what she wore.

So, with that I'll just get into my Zero's and call it a day. Sizes are so weird, it's really impossible to figure all this stuff out. At least not without leaving with a headache. LOL!!

Those jeans (the 28s and 0s) displayed on top of each other are pretty amazing and inspirational. Thanks for posting. You really inspire some great goals!

Hi there! Oh yes, I make a goal and I make that goal. I wasn't going to go for it after all because I was just ready to stride full time into maintenance, but lo and behold I hit the goal anyway. LOL..

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/27817-i-must-retract-my-last-goal-thread-omg-you-wont-believe-this/page__fromsearch__1