Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you guys exercise?

Sounds like a good name change to go with an awesome attitude!

Yes I work out at the gym 3 to 4 days a week for the last 3 weeks. Jogging very slow for about 10 mins. And walking for 20 with dumbells. :) I will keeping working up to more jogging time.

Do you guys exercise?

Truthfully I do not exercise other than running around after my kids ;) I did start doing the Jilian Michaels 30 Day Shred awhile back however I started experiencing some issues with dizziness and had to stop. My guess is that my dizziness comes from not being able to eat enough yet. Even at 8 months out, I can only get in about 1/4 cup of food at a time. I am getting ready to try Tae Kwon Do though, so we shall see how that goes.

Okay, maybe my steel sleeve is a little weak in a couple of places. Because I had an 'episode' tonight. Oops. So I may need to wait a while longer before I truly qualify for the club after all...darn. and, no, I'm not yet exercising, though it is my intention to get going in that area soon. I do have twin 8 year olds, and they exercise my patience continually. Does that count?!!

I think you are right, it is a nursing thing. I too am a nurse (Labor & Delivery). I think part of it comes from eating anything and everything so FAST for years. If I didn't eat fast, my gal might progress and be ready to deliver and I might miss my lunch, so I ate everything and ate it FAST! And it is a hard habit to break. I am trying, trying SO hard, to learn to eat slow and enjoy my food. I have been counting my bites lately, in an attempt to slow down. Also am trying to chew REALLY REALLY well, again in an effort to slow down my eating.

I am 4 1/2 months out from surgery and have lost 90 pounds as of today. I am SO thrilled with my weight loss. I am in a size 12 jeans, but still a large size on the top. I wish I would lose some on top, so I could move into smaller size bras and shirts. But if I never lose another ounce, I am THRILLED and HAPPY with the current state of affairs. I love being closer to a "Normal" size!

It seems that Sharon (I named my sleeve!) can tolerate almost anything. My sister was just here to visit me and we ate sushi three times. Went out for prime rib once, had chinese once, and assorted drinks (chocolate martinis!) two or three times. I was sure I would gain, but I lost 3 pounds while she was here! The only thing that bothers me a little is lettuce salad. I have to chew it REALLY well, and then it still sometimes gives me problems. But I have ulcerative colitis, and it always bothered me before the surgery too, so I guess it shouldn't be a surprise to me.

I hope I qualify as a member of the Sleeve of Steel club!

I'm 8 weeks out tomorrow and have a steel sleeve also.. Except I have the same taste aversion to Protein Shakes. I am trying to get over that though.

I've had NO stalls at this point. Knock on wood...