Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Are The Spitfires Doing?

Hey Everyone,

How are we doing? We made it through September!

wishes

I had my surgery 9/23 -- so far so good. Not in much pain, just like I have a "stitch" in my left side. I have to limit my movement because the surgeon said this is the area where she sewed together my muscle inside. A couple of my incisions could be looking better but I was told those two are the last to heal. It is hard for me to remember not to lift things.

I am on full liquids and I can really drink! In fact, like so many people I have read on the forum, it seems like I have too much ease getting in lots of liquid! I guess I will see the power of the sleeve action when I get to real foods.

I can hardly believe it is done. It seemed like the year long research, doctor's appointments, gathering info for my insurance co. would never come to an end. But here I am. I made it through the worst part and I am on the mend. I could not be happier with my decision.

I have lost 11 pounds since surgery day. Between 6 month diet, 2 week pre-op diet and post surgery weight loss I weigh less than I have in ?? maybe 10 years. My blood pressure medicine has been reduced by 75%. My Type 2 diabetic medication has been stopped completely. I could not have imagined I would achieve those things just 1 week post-surgery. I also could not imagine that I would be looking forward to starting to exercise; where did that come from?

Sending wishes for health and a love of life to all the September Sleevers.

Hi, I had my surgery the 22 and I had a hard time at first. I am doing really well now. I can drink Protein Drinks, but do not enjoy the flavor like I did before the surgery. I have lost 11 lbs. sense the surgery and 11 lbs before. I have never lost so fast without having the flu lol.

I was sleeved September 20th and feeling great. I am having problems with the sweetness of the Protein Shakes but I forced myself to drink them.With pre-op and post -op I have lost 22 lbs. I am doing great. I find it hard to stay in the house I been shopping everyday and walking the park when its not raining.In two week I will start going to the gym. Next week I will start mushies and I can't wait. My stitches are bothering me and I can not take them myself so I have an appointment with my doctor to removed them. Glad to hear everyone is doing good.

I am feeling SO much better. My left side incision finally released and the pain I have been experiencing in that side is finally gone. I feel like a new person.

I have lost 16 lbs since 9/6 surgery and about 16 inches overall. I have moved from a 22 to an 18 in clothes and I feel so much better about myself already.

I am finally in the mushies stage and eating canned chicken, tuna, baked fish, Beans & cheese, eggs, etc. I picked up some cottage cheese and greek yogurt to try out tomorrow. I am walking alot and trying to make sure I get my fluids in.

I have been on a stall for the past 12 days so I am hoping it ends soon. In the meantime, I am counting my other NSV's such as my blood sugar and blood pressure being normal for the first time in over 5 years. I know this surgery was the right decision for me.

Hey, I am so glad everyone is starting to feel better and moving along in their progress! This is awesome.

Crazy how much weight everyone is losing. I really hope my scale starts moving again its officially been like 13 days, but I am trying so hard to stay positive. I hate the early stalls.

Dropping an update from me.

I was sleeved on the 22nd Sept as well.

I have to say *touch wood* I have had a great recovery. I have not had any real pain since the 2nd day after surgery, even before then it didnt feel like much more than some stiffness to start off with. I have not had any pain killers since leaving the hospital, they made me take them in hospital.

I have been on purees since day 3, slowly thickening up the purees. So far everything is going down well, only had one bad moment taking some Vitamins. I have got feeling back in my stomach so can recognise when I am getting full and know when to stop.

Went back to work today and that took a bit out of me, had a sleep when I got home, as I only did a half day.

Hope everyone else is recovering well!

Hello all

first congrats to everyone on there success thus far !!!!! Well I was sleeved on 09/30 and my recovery this far is going well in fact my surgeon put me on soft foods . Cant get alot in but I sip ! I'm down 10lbs from a week ago today

Woohoo! Congrats everyone. I am so glad to see us all thriving in our new lives.

I feel great. So far no stall and today marks 5 weeks out. I am down another 3.8 lbs this week for a total of 32.2.... Yay!!!

Sleeved on the 22nd.

I am feeling reasonably good, with a little fatigue and nausea here and there. Enjoying the "full liquids" phase and glad to be getting my Protein in with 1 Protein shake a day and the rest with food. Calories consumed are a little high right now, because I've been getting my food Protein in with bean Soups + melted cheese. Around 1000/day. Hoping to get the calorie count lower when I hit the puree phase.

Congrats to everyone here!

i was sleeved on the 24th of sept. going on my 4th wk out. i am on mushies but cant seem to find a variety of foods that i want. i often feel nauseated and tired. can anyone give me any tips/suggestions that may help? i have lost about 28 lbs and very happy about that i just want to feel better and stop the nausea.

please help

thanks

weight.png

Regang07, I was sleeved on the 22nd. I feel the same, I am tired a lot. I had my first full week of work last me and it exhausted me, even when I tried to have a light week. I get nausea but the nexium my doctor gave me helps with that. I am hoping when I get to a normal diet the fatigue will lessen. Any one else got tips?

It does. The lack of calories can be really hard on the system. As soon as I got on soft foods, my quality of life raised exponentially.

I am now 5 weeks and 4 days post surgery and have lost an additional 24 lbs for a total of 35 lbs (11 pre-op). This experience has totally changed my life and my relationship with food.

I have had stalls along the way. I stayed at one weight for about 18 days and then yesterday 2 lbs gone and today 2 more gone. Praise God! I was trying to measure inches lost and Celebrate NSVs like being taken off of both blood pressure and diabetes medications; to keep me motivated. I have lost about 20 inches from my waist and hips in this short amount of time. I am wearing some things that I haven't worn in a long time. From size 22 to an 18 and in some I can wear a 16. One gripe, is things that were once too tight are now too loose, so I won't get to wear them again at all. But, I guess that's a small thing given the success that I have so far.

In addition, I can honestly say that I feel better than I have in years. I actually cried when I weighed yesterday thinking that it has been over 10 years since I weighed what I do today. The sleeve is teaching me proper portion size and I am doing my best to get in plenty of fluids and Protein.

Next week I get to move from mushies to real food and I am so excited. Going to set up my NUT appt so that I can find out how I can eat going forward with my sleeve. I am proud of myself for sticking to the pre-op, and post op even though the liquid and mushy stages get old fast...

I know that I can do this and I thank each of you ladies and gentleman for being my inspiration, my motivators and my listening ears when I need them.

Hi Rebel,

CONGRATULATIONS on feeling so good! Thank you for your post; it gives me hope. I am a little over three weeks out and have been in a stall since about a week after surgery. It makes me feel so good to read successful, life-changing posts like yours!

MsC