Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is weight loss for people over 50?

Well you definately won't be able to eat fast If you do you will have to visit the restroom very quickly. Good Luck

Dynamo

You will care as much at 62 as you care at 57, maybe moreso. We're working hard to take off the fat, using a surgery tool (the lapband) because we want to be healthy, But also because we want to look good. I want to wear sexy clothes, want to put on something but baggy xxbig ladies. I think when I make my weight goal, I'll want the rest of me to look like a good looking 63 or 64 year old.

I wasn't thinking along this line until I decided to get the band. I think I was depressed and thought I was ugly and just growing more so. Now my thinking is so different, once I made the commitment to change.

Does Thermage only last a couple of years? Or is it that natural aging happens? I know with a face lift our faces still age. I am researching this on the net. I'm astonished at some of the full facelifts I have see.

Dynamo... Thank you very much for the invitation on the 11th at Red Robin.. However, I won't be able to make it as I am currently out of town and won't return until the 14th of October.. (My surgery date is October 16th.) I will be in Denver until the end of November and I would very much like to meet up with all of you at the November monthly....

BetsyJane.... Thanks for the information on the mindful eating and using the small plates and utensils... I am a fast eater too and I can really use any suggestions on how to slow down...

Who's getting a face lift??? You better bet that I will be standing in that line when I get to my goal weight. I know that my jowels and neck skin will be a saggin and a baggin and I'm all for nice and tight.. :) Along with a Tummy Tuck and a nice perky boob job.... :biggrin1: :) I'm saving my pennies right now for all of that stuff... All of it may be farther down the road than I would like, but what the heck I gotta dream......

Hope everyone has a great week...:clap2:

I am getting a face lift on Sept 24. This weekend I will be giving up smoking as this could complicate the healing process. :cry Ugh! And I am such an addict! Well, I have already bought a bunch of nicotine gum. I am going to chew, chew, chew my way to health. :phanvan Losing weight has made me look older. :tired My skin does look tissue-y. This surgeon is one of the top guys in Canada and has patented a few techniques of his own. It will hurt and I will look like a monster for awhile during the healing period. :omg:

But I do want the face which suits my inner lack of maturity. :heh: LOL I sure hope I don't end up looking like Karl Rove....:) I will never get across the border if that happens! I must remember to remind the surgeon about this. :)

I am getting a face lift on Sept 24. This weekend I will be giving up smoking as this could complicate the healing process. :cry Ugh! And I am such an addict! Well, I have already bought a bunch of nicotine gum. I am going to chew, chew, chew my way to health. :phanvan Losing weight has made me look older. :tired My skin does look tissue-y. This surgeon is one of the top guys in Canada and has patented a few techniques of his own. It will hurt and I will look like a monster for awhile during the healing period. :omg:

But I do want the face which suits my inner lack of maturity. :heh: LOL I sure hope I don't end up looking like Karl Rove....:) I will never get across the border if that happens! I must remember to remind the surgeon about this. :)

Green, I can't recommend Chantix enough to help you quit. You need a doctor's prescription for it, but it works!

Betsyjane

What is a Lifestyle Lift?

Green,

That is how I gave up smoking ( I still chew it). CONGRADULATIONS on the face lift. I figure all that hard work losing weight deserves a facelift to top it all off.

Let me know how it goes. What does it cost in US dollars?

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I thought I was posting on this thread, but it went to a different one.

PS: I read about the different types of sergery. Did not want the Gastric Bypass because I did not want any pumbing re-aranged, so will go for The Lap Band. It might be awhile to get aproved (see Below) just as long as it does. The old waiting game. :notagree

Don

<HR style="COLOR: #e9e9e9" SIZE=1>

<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

<!-- google_ad_section_start -->

Howdy, thumbs_up.gif

Don Here (skinnydippn42) This is my 1st. time here, just found this forum yesterday 8-26-07.

I seen the ad on TV and did a search for lap-band, found the Lap-band.com site. Found this site from a friend of my wifes.

I went to a seminar on 8-23-07 at the CMMC hospital in Jackson, MS. I live in Puckett, MS. about 30 miles away. Very imformative meeting.

I turn 65 yrs. old on Sept 1st. I'm waiting for an O.K. from Midicare. With Midicare and my other Health Ins., it should pay for 95% or more of the Banding. I'm looking forward to when I can have it done. I have read a lot about it & am very incourged this is the right thing to do. I have been fighting being over weight for 20 plus years. Weigh 260 lbs right now and need to get down to about 145-150 lbs. I'm about 5'-5.5".

Sunshine...It sounds like it's worth just going ahead and getting a facelift. I called Lifestyle Lift to get a consultation set up, and I asked the price....no matter what, they wouldn't tell me on the phone. They sent me a brochure of before and after shots that were impressive, but even so, the befores had no makeup and tucked their chins and the afters had makeup, raised their chins and smiled. Even so, it looked like the procedure worked, but I did tell the folks on the phone that having those sorts of before and afters and not telling prices made me suspicious. I also asked about the promise of being back to work the next day, when the blogs I'd read said you had black eyes for 2 weeks. The phone person again deferred to the consult. So I canceled the consult. It sure sounds good on the ads, though, and the one person I know who had it done was thrilled.

It's basically an outpatient face lift, only lifting the sides at the hairline, and not the top of the forehead.

My facelife, which is the full Monty, is going to cost me 24,000+ in Canadian bucks. He is going to be doing some lifting and hauling and repositioning of my face as well as filling in various lines, some of these are fine, some not so fine. I also have a little bit of roseacea on my cheeks which he will be treating. He will be filling in the lines which run between the nose and the mouth and plumping up my lips. He will be doing some eye work. He works on each section of the face independently and so I won't be ending up with the Hollywood caught in a windtunnel look. :)

At my pre-op appt they took a bunch of photos. Looking at these certainly smashed all of my illusions about myself. Arghhhh! :omg:

@ Betseyjane: I know my surgeon wouldn't be able to give anyone quotes over the phone.

He really needs to see your face in order to assess the work and the cost. The thing which bumped up the price of my work was the very thing which has kept me looking younger than my age - my cute little apple cheeks. :phanvan These cheek pads are too big for him to reposition easily and that is why the invasive approach. This is costing me many thousands more. Oh, that damn gene pool, eh! Anyhow, the lapband and plastic surgery are what I am spending my inheritance on, fixing up what I inherited. :D Seems kind of appropriate, it seems to me. :heh:

Crabcake: Thanks for the suggestion about Chantix. I tried to get my doctor to give me a prescription but she refused. I am on Wellbutrin (Zyban) for depression along with a bunch of other meds for depression, osteopenia, asthma/bronchitis, acid reflux, and cholesterol. She refuses to give me Chantix. :cry To tell you the truth, I take so many meds that everyone at my local drugstore knows me by my name. I still haven't decided whether this is embarassing or cosy. :straight

Betsyjane<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

The Lifestyle Lift sounded like the perfect answer to me until I read the posts on the URL I sent you. Now it scares me. It seems to be possibly a lot of hype???? When it came to the old fashioned facelift everyone was much more positive. Also Thermage seemed to be great until I read the posts on it. It was even worse than the Lifestyle lift. WOW, what does one do??????<o:p></o:p>

Green… heck I’d like to get some of those cute little cheek apples, I’ve been looking at cheek implants, they are gorgeous. From what has happened to the US dollar, it probably is about the same as the Canadian dollar now. $24,000 that is a lot of money to come up with but I bet you will look great and a fine treat to give yourself for all the hard work you have done. Go for the Nicoban and if you have a Walmart store they have a generic that is cheaper.

sorry about all the screwups in my post. I wrote it in word then pasted it into the message box. It looks like aliens are writing instead of me.