Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on Sept 1 and I feel miserable. I can't keep anything down, maybe the occasional Soup or popsicle but anything with bulk in it and im running to the bathroom. I vomit maybe 12 a day and all i really get down is my protien Water. I wanna cry all the time cause I can't believe I did this to my body. I go to the dr. on Friday for my 1 month check up and I have lost about 30 pds, but certainly not the fun way. I am trying to get more active to keep my spirits up, doesn't help that im unemployed right now even though i don't know if I could work. Is anyone feeling this way or know what to do? Help please.

I wouldnt have waited this long- Obviously that's not normal... Hopefully it's nothing serious. Good luck!

I threw up every day for the first seven weeks because I wasn't on a PPI (acid reducer). Are you on an antacid medication? Also, you may have to take things VERY slowly--some bodies are much slower to heal than others, and mine (and maybe yours) took a lot longer to tolerate everything. What I might suggest, in addition to talking to your doctor, is to focus on staying hydrated; sip constantly, but not too much at one time. Try warm Fluid as well as chilled (sometimes people can tolerate warm Fluid better). Weak tea, chicken broth, Protein Water, etc.

If you're allowed full liquids, add a Protein shake to your repertoire--keep it iced and cold, and sip. Alternate sips of the Protein Drink with sips of Water. If your doc doesn't start you on an acid reducer, I would recommend Prilosec (omeprazole is the generic)--it saved my sanity. I could IMMEDIATELY keep things down more easily and started feeling better as my energy level rose.

Keep us posted! I hope everything gets easier for you--I've been where you are, and it isn't any fun at all. On the bright side, congratulations on your loss!

I would see if you could bump your appt up to tomorrow. There could be something wrong and it is simply not worth the risk. Are you on a PPI? If you are, maybe you need a higher dose or a different med.

I had issues in the beginning, I didn't vomit until I was hospitalized during the 6-7 week mark but I was constantly nauseous, I hardly got anything down, Water was even hard and Protein was a definite no-go for me. First I was switched to Nexium which began to help some, but then I got worse again and ended up in the hospital for nearly 2 weeks. Turns out I had a small hole at the top of my sleeve, a stricture, a kink in my sleeve, and increased swelling. The stricture was ballooned open during a scope and the hole was seen after that and was eventually glued shut. The swelling, per the surgeons, is seen in some patients and tends to get worse as the weeks go on until around the 7 week mark where it seems to finally go down for those of us with the increased swelling. I ended up unable to eat or drink anything at all during the whole hospital stay until the last day in, I had to have a PICC line put in too. Once I finally got well enough to go home I was put on Nexium twice a day and Zantac once a day.

It is not worth waiting when dealing with issues! And there are medications you can be given if it is a matter of just dealing with excess swelling causing the vomiting. My situation, though very annoying, was nothing compared to some of the complications others have gone through. You need to get seen and make sure it is not something REALLY serious.