Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I used to be too fat and now I'm too thin...I just can't win

According to a BMI I use, I did your calculations, and your BMI for your height is normal. Your BMI came to 18.71 and the website said this : BMI is between 18.5 and 24.9 (Normal Weight)

People whose BMI is within 18.5 to 24.9 possess the ideal amount of body weight, associated with living longest, the lowest incidence of serious ilness, as well as being perceived as more physically attractive than people with BMI in higher or lower ranges.

So to me it seems everything is fine as far as the numbers go.

It seems like you are crying out for something and definitely need to seek advice. Sorry I am not sugarcoating this. Since you have already seeked out mental help, I hope you consider continuing in that direction. Since this is the first post on the board I don't know enough about you. My opinion you need to get help if you are purposely doing this to yourself. It's not fair to you, not fair to the surgeon who helped you, not fair to your family. You need to take care and control of yourself and soon.

I also don't think it's ironic they are giving you till Christmas to gain some weight. I do think it's ironic that you think it is. Please get some help. My respects to you.

This is not encouragement because I know there is a much deeper issue that needs addressed, but I have to admit I want your problem. I want to be too thin, and have an eating disorder with a low weight versus my former/current disorder of eating too much and being overweight. There is no "win" either way, because there is something mental about this far more then I think we understand. I would seek some counsel, and not just for the eating issues, because I think extends further then that.

I mean no offense, but I think you may benefit from seeking couseling as well. To want this problem is no more healthy than wanting to be obese. Godd luck to you both.

Everyone here has an eating disorder, ones that made us eat until we were too heavy. You had surgery, but you did not get rid of your eating disorder. You just took whatever underlying issues you had, and channeled it into a different type of eating disorder. My heart goes out to you and your family. We can all empathize with an eating disorder. When I read your post it reminded me of Portia DeRossi's book. I strongly suggest you read it, you will see yourself in it.

I started my journey over a year ago. I put my surgery on hold because I realize I needed to fix my head in order to fix my body. So I went into therapy for a year before I decided that I was mentally ready to have this surgery. I feel like I discovered a lot about myself in that year and I have the tools now to make this a success. There is absolutely nothing wrong with seeking help from a therapist. It does not mean you are crazy, it means you have issues you need help dealing with. It was the best thing I ever did for myself. Do something for yourself before it gets worse.

Hugs to you and I hope you get better.