Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I ate a cheeseburger and I like it!!!! 3 weeks out

OMG!!

I went to Wendy's to get chili.... I left with chili and a Jr. Bacon cheese Burger!!!! sad.gifOMG

I only ate half of it. But it was so good and it stayed down. unsure.gif

I can't eat Applesauce, Cottage Cheese, or Eggs.... But a Cheese Burger I can eat. WOW

OMG!!

I went to Wendy's to get chili.... I left with chili and a Jr. Bacon cheese Burger!!!! sad.gifOMG

I only ate half of it. But it was so good and it stayed down. unsure.gif

I can't eat Applesauce, Cottage Cheese, or Eggs.... But a Cheese Burger I can eat. WOW

shame on you...:D . JK, but how can you hold a burger this early out?

Are you allowed to have a cheese burger this early out?

Just an FYI... please note 2 things:

1) If you are not on solids yet, you can do serious damage to your stomach. Your stomach was completely cut off and you have an incision line on it, and it is still healing. You can cause a leak on your stomach, which will make you seriously ill to where you can be laying in a hospital bed for months, or sadly can kill you. Don't do that to yourself.

2) If you ARE on solids, this was still a very poor choice. You went through an extremely serious surgery to change your life and lose weight and excess fat. Eating cheeseburgers is not going to accomplish this.

I wish you success, and is the only reason I'm chiming in here. Take care of yourself, you only have one life.

Sweetie, congrats on having been sleeved!!! You've come so far and worked so hard to get where you are right now. Please afford yourself every opportunity for a healthier lifestyle. Cheeseburgers are good, in fact they are better than good they are simply delicious and there will be time for them down the line but for now we have a strict plan to follow and we can definitely do it. Be encouraged. The best is yet to come!

All the best,

Niki

I was only cleared to eat soft foods at 3 weeks, ie chicken salad, chili, etc. Did you eat the bread too? Bread was really uncomfortable for me at first. I wasn't even cleared to eat that till 6 weeks out. So you ate a chili and a half of a burger at 3 weeks out? That sounds like a lot to me.

I have to say this is my fear. I haven't been sleeved yet, planning next mth, but I keep worrying that I will still eat "bad" things and end up right back to where I am except without any money (self-pay). Not that cheeseburgers are my weakness, but I could see me trying a frosty and if it stayed down...then trying it again, and oh no!

I absolutely understand that the sleeve isn't a quick fix and it is only a tool to weight loss but eating right the rest of my life seems unlikely since I haven't been able to eat right my whole life.

I've read lots of people that after the sleeve just aren't interested in sweets and sodas and such. I sure hope I am one of them :unsure:

You guys are so right.

I know that I should not have eaten itsad.gif. I am on puree diet, and the NUT gave me a recipe for a pureed cheeseburger. So I got one, only I didn't puree it, I took very small bites and chewed it up until it was liquid and ate really slow. I should have just pureed it like the NUT said.

I will not do this again. Although the burger did have tomatoes, and lettuce as well cheese and very little bacon, and it was a very small burger and Yes about 1/4th of the bun.... but I still think that I could have made a better choice.

I'll do better next time LOLbiggrin.gif

I know what you mean. I ate 2 Oreos last night (granted, much less than I used to eat) and had no problems. I still am having issues with protein-dense foods, though. I don't feel terrible for eating the 2 Oreos, but it probably is something I should avoid in the future. Unfortunately, my family loves the junk food so temptation surrounds me!

As long as we make wise choices most of the time, an occasional slip-up isn't worth the anguish.

OMG that sounds improbable!! What we sometimes don't realize is that it isn't WHAT we eat most of the time it's HOW we eat. That little amount of "junk" food isn't too bad. Three would be. As being only a few days removed from surgery, I can't imagine doing that. I can see how that can happen though. Take care of the sleeve and don't stretch it too much and you'll be fine!

I am feeling guilty today, I ate too much and very poorly : ( I dont know what I was thinking testing my sleeve today. But, I did. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Hang in there for the boring phase. I struggled SO badly during puree/mushy foods. I thought I was being punished by the deity of your choice. Rest assured that when it's solids time, there are some GREAT options that make you feel pretty normal still. When I'm craving a burger now, I head to carl's Jr. and get the lettuce wrapped turkey burger. The meat and vegetables are so savory, I don't even miss the bun! I end up splitting it with the Hubby, and even then I don't eat quite half of my portion. Beef can be very hard to process properly at first, so please please be careful with that! Don't deprive yourself entirely, but reach out for more informed options. :) Good luck!!

I HAVE BEEN TO WENDY'S BUT IT WAS ONLY FOR THE CHILI....I HAVE BEEN CRAVING A FIVE GUYS BURGER BUT THE bread AS WELL AS THE BURGER IS JUST TOO MUCH AND WOULD ONLY BE A WASTE. I'M 7 MONTHS OUT AND ITS STILL HARD TO EAT A HAMBURGER SO I TRY TO STAY AWAY FROM THEM....I CAN'T IMAGINE HAVING ONE AT 3 WEEKS.