Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mumford Bandits---Where's your Port?

Hi Everyone,

when I went for my consult the other day, Dr. Mumford pointed to a spot in the centre of my chest, just below my breasts and said that was where my port would be. From what I've seen here of other pples ports, they seem to be on thier sides. Soooo, I was wondering where all you beautiful pples ports are!:rolleyes:

Mine is exactly where you just specified (Dr. Joffe/Yau at TLBC).

I think it is a much better location than off to the side. (less obtrusive, more easily accessible etc).

The more "current" doc do it there now as opposed to the side and lower (from my understanding).

So, be happy!!!

:rolleyes:

hi sherryjo,

thats where i have seen most of them in the scar stages thread, so i was kinda suprised when he told me where he did it.

Thanks Yoda,

Does it get in the way of your bra?

Not at all Neenagh....it is about 4-6 inches below the bra line (10-12 inches above my belly button).

Hmm... I would have thought that Mumford would place it the same place as Cobourn... mine's more like inbetween my belly button and my bra line.

Ugg... I'm breaking down and posting a picture! :D The biggest underlined one is the port:

1f26wf2.jpg

My bellybutton is pretty much right below my 'belt' of my pants... and my bra sits just a bit above that very top incision. (ignore my floppin' boob there)

Hmmmmm...interesting...

My port is actually exactly where your top scar is, Argon!!!

Tks for sharing though!!! You will have to tame that wild boobie though!! LOL

Yoda, Thanks, i was worried cuz there's no way in hell i can go without a bra!!!

Argon, boy those incisions are really looking good (so's the boob!hehe). And from what i've gleaned here, i really thought my port would be around there too.

thanks ladies

Actually, those are about 3 week old incisions, I believe! I'm at 16 weeks now. Maybe I'll have to take some new pics and compare!

(btw, I got a couple new bras, so I'll be sure to include them in the next one! LOL!)

Wow they looked that good at three weeks!? I hope mine are that great! hey argon seriously tho, if you cant show off your boobs here, where can you? heehee

wow, your incisions really cleared up. I was wondering about what kind of scars it would leave and you answered my question. THANKS

It's funny how people's ports are in different places. I remember when I was in the clinic for my first consult, a guy there said his wife had more pain after surgery than him because she's asked for her port to be where her bikini line was. Our surgeon was Dr Yau.

I was never asked where I'd like it (never knew there was an option) but I'm the only one I've heard have it where I have it, it is about an inch below my belly button, not to the left or right, but directly below it. I'm really pleased as I would hate a lump under a t-shirt.

Wonder what makes him choose different places for each person?

Mary

Mine was in the usual place but since I have had the port straightened, it is directly right of the long scar. I suspect the port is placed by the surgeon in an area he thinks is best for your body configuration. Just a guess.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches