Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many calories is everyone getting per day?

Hi there,

I'm 3 months out, and can easily eat 1200 calories per day. I've always been able to eat more than the average bear since the surgery, so I really have to be careful to eat my Protein first so it fills me up :)

I've been sleeved one month now and I can eat pretty well. I'm getting 800-1100 calories per day. Sometimes I feel this is a lot!

Please tell me how many calories you eat per day and how long you've been sleeved.

Thanks everyone!

I am 14mths post op... I count cals 'now and again' to keep a check on myself, but I don't do it daily... I did in the early days but it got a lil obessive...lol. My last check, about 5 weeks ago, was between 800 and 1100 cals a day.

hi! i'm 2 months out and usually eat between 700-900 calories a day. i aim for 70g Protein and 64 oz fluids. i usually have to have 2 Protein Shakes to get all my grams in. i'm walking 3x a week and just added strength training in last week. i'm really frustrated- i only lost 5 lbs my second month :unsure: ... don't know what i'm doing wrong, but as of yesterday, i decided to cut back on the carbs and we'll see if that helps. thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences- it helps alot!

I eat between 1000 and 1200 a day. I use an app on my phone to record what I eat. I know I am losing slower but I dont want any problems with not getting enough Vitamins etc. I also am a nanny and cant be weak or light headed from not eating enough. This was a problem the first 2 weeks out.

I'm 10 days shy of 4 months out. I get 700-800 calories per day, 60 grams of Protein, and I suck down 64 oz. of Fluid. I work out 30-45 minutes 6 days per week.

Lynda

That sounds just right. I am a pre-oper, so could you share a typical day of intake? I am still trying to figure out what this looks like. Thanks!

I'm 16 days post op and the past few days I've got in about 600 calories but only 45g of Protein. Big jump in the calories because previously I was only getting 300-400 per day. I'm trying real hard tho get the protein and fluids up- I'm using myfitnesspal.com - I think it's just a matter of continued healing- because I still feel real full after drinking or eating- like I'm overstuffed. I eat 2 bites of anything using a baby spoon and I'm just-

full. I'm not sure how long the swelling takes to go down but I feel like I'm probably still with in normal range.

I feel fine - other than some mental fogginess- especially mid afternoon and then I NEED a nap.

i'll be 5 weeks out on tuesday. i dont really count calories at all. if i had to put a number on it i would say about 600 to 800 a day. i have great energy level on that. i make sure to take my Vitamins every day, i actually take double because i know that i am not consuming enough. my weight loss has been steady so it must be working. i have lost more then 25 pounds since surgery. i walk 2 miles 3 times a week and do the wii fit once a day. im loving the sleeve because i dont constantly think of food anymore like i used to. i was truely addicted to food. the sleeve has been such a blessing to me.

That sounds just right. I am a pre-oper, so could you share a typical day of intake? I am still trying to figure out what this looks like. Thanks!

Breakfast: Yogurt shake with 3/4 cup plain fat free greek yogurt, 2 strawberries, 1/8 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup Water and 3 tablespoons Splenda: 120 calories,16 grams Protein

Snack: Soy Latte with 1 cup soy milk and 2 shots espresso: 90 calories, 8 grams Protein

Lunch: Lite cheese stick, 1 oz. lite salami, 1/3 cup roasted butternut squash (roasted with 1 teaspoon olive oil): 200 calories, 15 grams protein

Snack: 1/4 cup watermelon: 15 calories

Dinner: 2 oz. ground beef, 1/3 cup roasted butternut squash (roasted with 1 teaspoon olive oil): 220 calories, 14 grams protein

Snack: 1 cup soy milk with 1 tablespoon sugar free caramel syrup: 90 calories, 8 grams of protein

Total: 61 grams of protein, 735 calories

For the fluids, I just keep working on it through the day. I track it using a whiteboard on my fridge door and try to get to 3-4 cups by lunchtime and 5-6 cups by late afternoon. I also use the white board to track my protein intake. I'm not currently tracking calories, carbs, fat grams per day, but I'm very aware of what I'm eating.

Lynda

I thought I would update - I am nearly 7 weeks out now and eating between 650 and 800 a day now (including Protein shakes), 75-85 grams of protein, 25-35 grams of fat and 25-40 grams of carbs. I'm still losing steadily.