Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fit Day or Spark People

Which do you prefer?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

Ok, I am hearing a lot about both fitday.com and sparkpeople.com. I am interested in hearing from people who have done both and which one they prefer and why.

Thanks.

I like SparkPeople a lot more. It seems easier to use, easier to find all kinds of foods, and helps you track your goal. It's fun.

Also, before giving you a recommended calorie intake, it asks if you're ready to excercise or weight train, and it applies your answer to the recommendation.

The amount SparkPeople recommended is about the same my dietetician recommended.

Good luck!

BTW, I tried fitday.com too and it was allright, but it seemed a little confusing. I'm sure once you get the hang of it, it works fine too.

Sparkpeople is MUCH easier to record your dietary intake with. I used fitday for over a year and dropped it once I found sparkpeople.

I think I like sparkpeople better, too. The food is easier to log. The list of choices is what Americans eat and how we cook. so far, anyway. I have only entered 2 days worth of food! But it's my next stop when I'm caught up on LBT. I loved FitDay, but I think sparkpeople wins. And you can disable the e-mails/offers options so you don't get junk. I have only gotten 3 emails form them so far. 1 was a welcome, 1 was I had a reply to my introduction (they have a message board) and 1 was a PM I got in response to my intro. No Spam so far. Yay!

All I have used is Fit Day and it's been great. I guess I can't compare the two at this time. I think it's pretty much to each his own, though.

I like fit day...

I tried sparkle and I couldnt get the hang of it (I assume I am too used to fitday) (i do agree that fitday is hard to manage, man it took me forever to get used to it)

but now sparkle spams me constantly.. I dont get any mail from fit day EVER.

and I didnt like the messege boards on sparkle.. but its not liek I looked around a whole lot either..

I have not gave sparkle much time.. so I cant really compare..

This is just my first impression of them

Okay folks...I'm getting the 2 sparkpeople e-mails a day now. SIGH. I just archive them...I'll live. I'm going there now to log my lunch and see what I can "get away with" for dinner. I think I can swing a good ole baked potato tonight. Yummmm.

I signed up on Spark People just to compare it to Fit Day and have been slammed with emails every day from them. I like Fit Day, especially the downloadable version that you pay for. The only thing I wish I could do with it that it doesn't is if, when I am away from my home computer, (such as when I am at work) I could log my foods on the online version and then download them later to my paid for version on my home computer.

I definitely prefer SparklePeople over FitDay. It's much easier to navigate. Like others, I get way too many e-mails from them. My delete button works just fine and if it gets too bad, they will go on my Blocked Sender list.

I tried Fitday for about a week and got so frustrated with it I stopped using it. I had to enter everything I ate as cutom foods and that got old fast. I heard about sparkpeople from someone on here and have been using it ever since. I love it! I love that it helps me track my nutrition goals AND my fitness. I opted for no emails when I signed up and in 2 weeks I have one recieved 2 emails, one to welcome me and one reply to a post I made. I can't say enough good things about spark and have recommened it to all my friends!