Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Letter to all....from LOTSOFKIDS

I love to laugh and especially when stress can dictate somber attitudes,,,,,that is exactly when a good joke can be lifesaver!

Hey this is a funny one but a little on the impolite side (forgive me)

A bariatric doctor pioneering in the field of wt loss management, convinced his new patient that he could lose tons of wt if he followed the docs radical new method. From now on......instead of eating everything from your mouth....you need to eat from below. Stuff your food up your rear and you will be on your way to great wt loss.

A year later the doctor and patient met up and the patient had remarkable wt loss. Everyone was blown away by the results. When the patient got up from the chair the doc couldn't help but notice that the man was walking rather flamboyantly and swinging his hips. The doc asked why was this happening and was it a side effect of the wt loss?

The patient smiled and laughed ....and said no problems at all doc.....I'm JUST CHEWING Gum!

big hugs to all ...diane :eek:

Diane:

I am new here, so don't know you, but that isn't a pre-requisite for sharing some empathy. My prayers are also with you and your family. I truly believe the most powerful healing can be accomplished through the power of positive thinking. Help your doctors help you by visualizing yourself healthy again and I KNOW you will achieve it together.

Sending lots of warm thoughts your way....

Charlotte

My nurses have already dicovered that I am not their "usual" patient......I was being a prankster from the get go.

I had one of the nurses wheel me over to a "write-on board" down in the radiology department so I could leave some graffiti behind, then left the elevator with a few extra floors pushed....& told her let's take the long route and have some fun! she was cracking up.....everyone on my ward was white haired and eldery heart patients.....but hey I am only 45......so it was my job to liven things up!!!!

thanks for the positive thoughts.....smiles...diane :0

Wow, Diane, you have been through a train wreck! One thing often leads to the discovery of another, it seems, but it all is in the service of better health. Good luck for a quick, peaceful, and uneventful COMPLETE recovery!! We're all pulling for you.

Diane I don't have words that will help, I am just so sorry to read this, and will say a prayer for you. I wish you all the best. :cry

Dear Diane,

I am so sorry to hear about your medical crisis. I don't know if I could handle one of those problems let alone several you have had to deal with. I am so amazed at how certain individuals handle so many difficult obstacles in their life and confront them in such a take charge manner. I am sure you are very scared but you sound so brave and ready to take this head on. That in itself is probably one of the most important obstacles to overcome.

I wish you the very best and will pray for a speedy recovery for you.

Dawn

Diane,

I've only been here at LBT for a month or so...and so I don't think we've officially "met". I am so sorry to hear of your extreme situation and will put you on my prayer list...Please do take care of yourself.

Oh Dianne!

I'm so very sorry to hear about this. I will keep you in my thoughts. ((((hugs))))

Oh, and you keep them on their toes!

Dianne,

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through all of that. I will keep you in my prayers. I'm pretty new here, so I don't think we've met yet, but I can't help but have a heavy heart after reading all that you are dealing with.

Hi Diane ~ It's so good to hear you in such good humor. :biggrin1: Where would be be without a good laugh? Keep those hospital people on their toes and give them a few things to talk about. Hey, you could do what my mom did one time.....buy a little sewing kit at the gift shop and make your hospital gown a "mini-gown". You are so creative that I'm sure you will come up with lots of fun things.

So, who's feeding the family? Domino's? Have any of your kids picked up on your love of cooking?

Please let us know when you do go in for the operation. I know you said early this week. I will contact Robin.....not sure if anyone else has done it yet. Take care my friend!!

BTW, loved the chewing gum joke....too cute!!

It is Monday morning and I am hoping that I will know in the next couple of hrs if I can be seen today by the Neuro Guru. The waiting is horrible. I have a sharp blade hanging by a thread over my head and we need someone to make it a titanium cable really fast!

I am still positive, but certainly anxious to get the process moving.

Hmmm the mini gown....I like that.....I will make one for my daughter's doll and put the doll in the hospital bed with me! OR maybe a stuffed animal (softer)

anyone and everyone is cooking in my house.....except me! I am trying to get all the bills and paperwork in some sort of order.....and we filed an extention on our taxes....so I am in paperwork overload!

Some friends have sent food, my husband is learning a few dishes....over the weekend he did a great BBQ! And yes, thank God for telephones and pizza delivery! No one will suffer from lack of food here. I have a girl staying/sleeping in the house....so there is always an adult to oversee the twins and to help with the general continuity of the house. My Hubby is back in Toledo 2hrs away ....he won't be back until Friday Night. Maybe we would schedule things for next week when he can be here.....or if it warrants surgery sooner...he will of course travel back.

Well, that's it until I speak to the big docs (I hope today...and Then maybe some questions answered)

hugs and smiles.....Diane : )