Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Kelly and his staff are AWESOME! (Am writing from the hotel in TJ)

Hi all! So I had agonized between Dr Kelly and Dr Almanza. Of course, I can't speak for Almanza, but as I am in TJ as we speak, Dr. Kelly and his staff have been AWESOOOOMMMMEEEE! <BR>My first thought meeting the driver, Ricardo, was... Umm, what if the website was a set up? What if he's taking me to a torture chamber? WHO is this man and where am I going? I was thinking that I was clearly insane.<BR>The hospital was like at home, and Dr Kelly, like everyone on here has said, is caring and compassionate. As I was rolled into surgery.. I am down here ALONE.. BTW.. And was TERRIFIED.. thinking-- WHAT THE HECK DID I DO?? MAYBE I SHOULD RUN OFF THIS TABLE, out of the hospital, alone, with nothing but my backless gown and my fat a++ and roll down a TJ hill somewhere and pray I somehow find my car over the border. But No, I laughed as I got rolled in (the nerves....) and stared at the giant surgery lights. Dr. Kelly patted me on the head and told me I'd be fine. Hey, a guy was in there before me who was 600 pounds, so I felt decent about it. I wake up in a haze thinking- WHAT did I just do? Am I insane? All the gas pains and nasuea. Anyways, By that night though, I felt better. The nurses were WONDERFUL and Ive seen Dr Kelly a bunch. I'm now in their hotel that they discharge you to.... After I did the lovely leak test this morning. It's not that bad though! Anyways, I know I was a lurker who came on here and was super scared of every aspect, but so far, so good. BTW- the hotel is VERY nice and has a lovely pool and drinks (sad sad), and also has a nice flat screen in each room. DR KELLY ROCKS!!! :)

WOW! I pray I do as well as you did! I have the same anxiety going on right now, but I haven't even left Texas yet. My surgery is on 09/02.

Glad to see you are doing well.:rolleyes:

Hi all! So I had agonized between Dr Kelly and Dr Almanza. Of course, I can't speak for Almanza, but as I am in TJ as we speak, Dr. Kelly and his staff have been AWESOOOOMMMMEEEE! <BR>My first thought meeting the driver, Ricardo, was... Umm, what if the website was a set up? What if he's taking me to a torture chamber? WHO is this man and where am I going? I was thinking that I was clearly insane.<BR>The hospital was like at home, and Dr Kelly, like everyone on here has said, is caring and compassionate. As I was rolled into surgery.. I am down here ALONE.. BTW.. And was TERRIFIED.. thinking-- WHAT THE HECK DID I DO?? MAYBE I SHOULD RUN OFF THIS TABLE, out of the hospital, alone, with nothing but my backless gown and my fat a++ and roll down a TJ hill somewhere and pray I somehow find my car over the border. But No, I laughed as I got rolled in (the nerves....) and stared at the giant surgery lights. Dr. Kelly patted me on the head and told me I'd be fine. Hey, a guy was in there before me who was 600 pounds, so I felt decent about it. I wake up in a haze thinking- WHAT did I just do? Am I insane? All the gas pains and nasuea. Anyways, By that night though, I felt better. The nurses were WONDERFUL and Ive seen Dr Kelly a bunch. I'm now in their hotel that they discharge you to.... After I did the lovely leak test this morning. It's not that bad though! Anyways, I know I was a lurker who came on here and was super scared of every aspect, but so far, so good. BTW- the hotel is VERY nice and has a lovely pool and drinks (sad sad), and also has a nice flat screen in each room. DR KELLY ROCKS!!! :)

Congratulations! Good to hear that you are doing so well. I'm considering Dr. Kelly for surgery too. How did you get the ball rolling with his practice? Did you go through a "middleman" service such as beliteweight, and did you have to pay a down payment?

Wannasleeve- you are in GREAT hands. Was just out by the pool enjoying the fab pool scenery. Good luck! Kelly, Thanks again-- you really helped calm my fears!!! Slhopps- I went through successfullyslimmer.com and went through Chistie. Trish and Sandi are also coodinators. Trish actually visits you on site, she'll come in twice a day to make sure you're OK.

The downpayment was 2K. I put that cash up front and credit carded the rest. At least for now. Figured I'll put a chunk of a payment down. I have a s****eating grin on my face knowing what a GREAT investment this is. Do it!

I was thinking about you the other day, wondering and hoping your surgery was a success. Sounds like it was! So happy to hear that it's been smooth sailing for the most part! Did you upgrade hotels?

Hi Scorch! Awww, thanks! Nope, am at Hotel Lucerna. It's gorgeous. I had some lay out by the pool time and longlingly looked at all the people eating this FAB restaurant food. Very impressed! Sad about my lack of food and martinis though. the food really does look excellent.

Your journey sounds similar to mine! I remember thinking... I am alive! and I feel "Good" actually. I was super nervous and scared when I arrived too - but Trish immediately put me at ease. Both her and Dr Kelly were excellent to work with! And the hotel Lucerna was wonderful. There were 3 of us there at the same time and we still stay in contact 7 month later!! We actually want to have a sleeve sister reunion in TJ - once we are at goal. I am 7 months out and just 10 pounds from my final goal!

Love my sleeve, Dr Kelly and Trish. I would do it all again!

Can I ask if that was the upgrade hotel? Also, be honest, how was the post op pain? What are you taking for pain medication? I was told I wasn't going to feel well enough to get some around the pool time. I like to just lay there in the sun for a bit and enjoy the peace and quiet (away from children).

I was sleeved on July 26th by Dr Ramos Kelly. The hotel Lucerna was a $44.00 upgrade for me. I dont know where I would have been staying if I didnt pay the extra $. Trish actually took the $44. cash from me the day I arrived in TJ before my surgery. I used Sandy Johnston from "A Lighter Me".com. to book my surgery and do all the paperwork with. Trish was there in TJ, and stopped by my room that first day and also came by my hotel the first day I was there. Dr Romero and Dr Kelly came by my hotel room also. I didnt take any pain meds once I left the hospital. I walked around the area of the hotel and went down to the pool while I was there. Everyone is different though. I felt fine as soon as Dr Kelly removed that damn drain. That was the only thing that bugged me.

I had surgery with Dr. Kelly on Aug 17th and worked with his assistant Trish. You can get the ball rolling by going to the website WLS4betterlife.com you will find all sorts of info and a way to contact Trish directly 619.955.6771 Best of luck to you! :D

Congratulations! Good to hear that you are doing so well. I'm considering Dr. Kelly for surgery too. How did you get the ball rolling with his practice? Did you go through a "middleman" service such as BeLiteWeight, and did you have to pay a down payment?