Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Waldrep in Sacramento or Thousand Oaks?

Hello! I am checking out Dr. Waldrep. Any feedback would be great!

He's my doctor, although I have yet to meet him.

I've heard nothing but great things about him.

Here's a bit of info:

Donald J. Waldrep, MD, FACS

After graduating from the Medical University of South Carolina, Dr. Waldrep trained in general surgery at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California. At Cedars-Sinai, he had the privilege of training under some of the west coast pioneers of laparoscopic surgery.

Dr. Waldrep was appointed Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery at the University of Southern California School of Medicine, Division of Minimally Invasive Surgery, as an instructor and researcher of advanced laparoscopic surgery. At USC, he was involved in both clinical and laboratory research aimed at broadening the applications and safety of minimally invasive surgery. Dr. Waldrep has performed or instructed over 2000 advanced and complex laparoscopic procedures.

Dr. Waldrep's private practice is limited to advanced laparoscopic procedures and includes surgery for the esophagus, stomach and intestines, solid organ surgery for diseases of the spleen, liver, kidney or adrenal glands, chest surgery, and laparoscopic spine surgery. For over three years Dr. Waldrep was on the Trauma Surgery staff at Sutter-Roseville Medical Center, which included management of the Surgical Intensive Care Unit for over three years. Dr. Waldrep is on staff at Sutter and Mercy hospitals of Sacramento.

Dr. Waldrep has completed the American Society for Bariatric Surgery (ASBS) Masters course as well as the Advanced Laparoscopic bariatric surgery courses at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and Stanford University. Dr. Waldrep was one the first surgeons to successfully complete the Surgical Preceptorship sponsored by the American Society for Bariatric Surgery under the direction of former president of the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity as well as the American Society for Bariatric Surgery, Dr. George Cowan of the University of Tennessee.

Dr. Waldrep is a Diplomate of the American Board of Surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He is a member of many surgical societies, including the American Society for Bariatric Surgery, the American Society of Bariatric Physicians, the Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES), Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, the Society for Minimally Invasive Therapy, and the American Society of General Surgeons.

Dr. Waldrep has authored articles on advanced laparoscopic surgery, as well as traditional general surgery in Annals of Surgery, American Journal of Surgery, Surgical Endoscopy, Journal of the American College of Surgeons, and American Surgeon as well as several textbook chapters.

-------------------------------------------------------------

This is from the Bariatric Surgery Review Committee(BSRC):

Donald Waldrep, MD, FACS

Clinical Asst. Professor of Surgery

University of Southern California

Sacramento, CA

Dr. Waldrep is the Director of Sacramento Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery Associates (SALSA) and Southern California Advanced Laparo-Endoscopic Surgery (SCALES). He trained in General Surgery at Cedars-Sinai Medial Center, and served on faculty for the Division of Minimally Invasive Surgery at the University of Southern California. Dr. Waldrep currently serves as Medical Director for Bariatric Services at Sutter Roseville Medical Center in California where he has completed over 950 laparoscopic weight loss surgeries.

Here is some info from Sutter Roseville Medical Center where he does most of his surgeries:

Donald J. Waldrep, M.D., FACS

Two Medical Plaza, #264

Roseville, California 95661

Phone: (916) 797-7555

Fax: (916) 797-7501

View Map

Specialties: Bariatric (Weight Loss) Surgery

*Open, physician is currently accepting new patients for this specialty.

Laparoscopic Surgery

Surgery , Board Certified

Hospital Affiliation: Sutter Roseville Medical Center

Education/ Training: Medical Education: Medical University of South Carolina, College of Medicine

Residency: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center

Internship: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center

Affiliated Organizations: American College of Surgeons Professional Interests: Advanced laparoscopic surgery including minimally invasive procedures of the chest, esophagus and stomach including anti-heartburn, achalasia, esophageal malignancies; solid organ surgery (liver resection, adrenal gland removal, splenectomy and nephrectomy); small and large intestine surgery for benign and malignant diseases, spine-exposure surgery, and weight-los (bariatric) surgery; Medical Director for Bariatric Services, Sutter Roseville Medical Center

I met with him, and he is really great. They have a new center in southern california, and it is wonderful. I'd still like to hear from a few patients, but he sounds like the guy for me.

Hello! I am checking out Dr. Waldrep. Any feedback would be great!

Hi there, my name is Jenny I had surgery about 10 months ago by dr waldrep. I had researched for about 2 years before I chose him and dr. luckey. Words can not express how wonderful this experience has been. And the after care is amazing as well. If you have any questions at all please call me. 805-262-2265 I was so afraid before, but my only regreat is not doing it sooner. I love life know!!!! I am a mother of two, work at bank of america and am finally happy with my weight after ten years.

Hello I am scheduled for sugery on dec 8th. He seems like a great guy... I am confident in him. I just wish I could figure out which surgery I want to do. it seems like it takes awhile to see results with the lap band. I am just trying to figure out what will work best for me... and the nutritionist suggested I really consider the rny because I am really thick around the middle and I am short she said it was alot harder to lose...we shall see I start my diet tuesday and so I need to decide bye then lol