Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

could someone who knows medical speak translate that into english for me? LOL

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/22858-are-there-any-sleevers-out-there-that-have-gained-a-lot-back/page__p__192980__fromsearch__1#entry192980

Oroborous put it this way in another post...

Parsing that out, it means that yes, SOME people do regain weight. But EWL -- excess weight lost -- was still >50% at over 5 years. This means that for MOST people, MOST of the time, MOST of the weight will stay off.

Realistically, most of us will probably drop quickly, then plateau, then stay at low weight for a while, perhaps with a long slow drop to a "real" low weight. Then, most of us -- against, speaking statistically -- will probably regain 10-30 pounds over a long period, because that's just how the curve seems to be shaped. A lot of that is genetics, a lot is age. If you look at the weight curves of NON sleevers over the same time span, you'll see about the same curve!

So, statistically speaking, the sleeve IS durable weight loss, compared to ANY other method of weight loss that is current known. This doesn't mean that you'll never regain any of it; you likely WILL regain a little from your absolute low (if you think about what "absolute low" means, you'll realize that that means there's nowhere to go but up, since that's your ABSOLUTE low). And of course, if you sabotage yourself, you can regain quite a bit.

But with the durable ghrelin loss, and with the determination to work WITH the sleeve instead of sabotaging it, yes, you can lose the weight and keep almost all of it off.

Thanks for posting this (and for the translation!)

Too bad this study was only of 26 patients. I was very surprised that 15% of them converted to RNY due to reflux and weight loss failure. Of course, that's only 4 of them. Again, this is the problem with such a small sample size. Also these were done in Italy, and I have no idea of the surgical technique they might use there (esp. bougie size).

I'm still anxiously awaiting new studies. I thought there was supposed to be a big one coming out this summer.

I am wishing for more definitive data. I was not happy to see 30% needing chronic PPI meds -- is that the experience here, as well? And seeing 15% converted to RNY. What I want is a RNY sleeve! Make my stomach smaller, like sleeve, but do the malabsoprtion, like rny! :) :)

What you are describing is a DS (Duodenal Switch). It's the sleeve with the intestinal rerouting for malabsorption.

:)

I am wishing for more definitive data. I was not happy to see 30% needing chronic PPI meds -- is that the experience here, as well? And seeing 15% converted to RNY. What I want is a RNY sleeve! Make my stomach smaller, like sleeve, but do the malabsoprtion, like rny! :) :)

What you are describing is a DS (Duodenal Switch). It's the sleeve with the intestinal rerouting for malabsorption.

:)

DS is a lot more extensive in its rerouting from all I've read and seen, than the RNY. Its a major major diversion of the intestines, resulting in severe malabsorption. I guess its most similar to the Distal RNY in malabsorption, but that isn't the typical RNY done. Don't quite want THAT much diversion...., just the same degree as RNY :) :) I wonder if a doc will do a DS with a proximal diversion? That would be it, right?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches