Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those already banded, do you count calories?

Did/do you count calories since being banded?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Did/do you count calories since being banded?

• Yes
    • No
    • I didn't at first, but started to count later on
    • I used to, but I don't anymore
    • None of the above

When I first was banded, I didn't....then I did and was pretty vigilant about it. Then I stopped. When I stopped, I stalled. Big time. Now that I'm hovering right over the 100lb loss mark, my body has sloooooowed the rate which it chooses to lose, so counting calories and counting exercise (I have a pedometer) are major keys to motivation and success.

I have decided with rock solid determination I will not be one of those bandsters who loses....x% of their weight. I forget is it 60% or 80% or something? Nope, I'm going to report in at 100% of my exess weight thus LOWERING THE AVERAGE! lol! This is just what's on my mind today.

I have troulble getting enough calories. So I try to count calories on "Fitday", or keep a running total in my head. Since my 2nd fill, about a month ago, I am have alot of trouble with solids.

I occasionally add it up, but mostly I try to focus on the content of the food -- Protein & produce + enough Water. Those foods make me feel better and I lose weight when I eat them and stay away from the pasta/rice/potatoes/bread/etc.

I would probably switch to WW point-counting again before I switch back to calorie counting. That worked well for me when I was doing it.

Congratulations!!! I can see myself being where you are in about 10 months. Having been so large for so long I have learned to live through the joyz of others. You look Fabulous!!!

I don't count every calorie, but I try to keep a mental note to fall between 1000-1500 every day. If I wanted to count calories like it's an exact science, I would have stuck with weight watchers or Jenny Craig.

There was an srticle I read somewher erecently that said one of the reasons (besides metabolism) that men have greater success than women in weight loss is because women think "CALORIES!" while men think "I HAVE TO EAT BETTER!". Men end up making better food choices, regardless of calories, according to this article, and focus on the kinds of food they are eating instead of their calories content. Take that for what it's worth.

I don't but have not lost a significant amount of weight in a long while. I am pretty restricted but have been making some pretty crappy choices. I have started tracking on fitday and will be walking early in the morning with my neighbor before going to work.

ana

dr kuri 2003

242/180/140

I count every stinkin calorie in and every calorie out. I usually know to the quarter of a pound how much weight I'll lose in a week.

Sometimes... I do much, much, much better when I count calories. Cheating is no fun when you have to account for it!!!!

At least stay aware of what you are taking in. You weight loss will slow down (and even stop) from time to time...that's your body's way of adjusting. Not necessarily your fault - although, in my case, it has been!!

~cheri

I count calories, as part of counting all food info, I use fitday too, and love it. I add everything in, my Water, my Vitamin supplements, every bite. That way I can meet all my nutrition goals, not just my calorie range goals, but my goals for fat, carb and protien intake, Fiber and water intake, and all the micronutrients too. If I'm low in something midway through the day it helps me plan my dinner and last snack to make sure I get the best nutrition possible. Getting the lapband was a part of wanting to make a bigger change in my overall health, so tracking my nutrition and my fitness to meet my goals is all a part of the big picture for me.

Nope. Wasn't very good at it when I did. Not planning to now. However, I don't eat much that I know isn't good for me. Well, that's not quite true. Instead of the ENTIRE BAG :faint: of Cheetos, I have maybe 5. I get the taste, satifsy the craving. I'm just not countin' nuthin' no more.

Wait. I had weight loss surgery AND I have to count calories?

MAN, LIFE IS HARD!!!!!!!!!!! ::stomping around::

My Dr gave me a 4CC fill yesterday - my first.

I now know what restriction feels like.

He started with 6 - and I couldn't swallow Water. Took 2 cc out, and said "this will be good for you" I was in shock - and didn't say HUH???

Last night I had a sliming, and a pb, and pain. It worse than the night after surgery. Today, I have been moving - walking - anything to feel better. I am SO not doing anything but liquids for a few days.

If it goes in my mouth, it goes on the computer! Fitday.com is my guardian angel and keeps me honest....with MYSELF!

I counted calories faithfull for the first 8 months. Then I kind of got lazy and it showed. My weight loss came to a screeching halt. For the last 3 weeks, I've been doing it faithfully again and although I've not seen a significant change in my weight I'm sure it will benefit me so that even though I had some ice cream tonight, I factored it into my daily caloric intake.

I believe that by faithfully monitoring what we eat both nutritionally and calorically we make better choices and see our goals to fruition. It's by being faithful to that monitoring that we learn new habits. Didn't I read or hear somewhere that it takes us like 10,000 repetitions of an act to learn a new habit? I personally have a lot of BAD habits to UNLEARN.