Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need some suggestios for Protein Soups...plus what do you mix the unflavored protein powder in?

Is powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken broth the only clear broth on the market with Protein in it? I tried using the Jay Robb unflavored powder in chicken broth (WAY GROSS) did not work. Boo....still have this HUGE expensive jug of Jay Robb and have not found anything I can mix it in where I don't taste it????

I need a broth/soup that has Protein in it. Can't stand the shakes.

What do you mix unflavored Protein Powder in?

Thanks!

I have heard people mix it in to pudding, Jello, yogurt, Soups - but also have heard people add in vanilla in many sweet things also. I know for me it isn't so much the TASTE but the SMELL! I have to drink it from a cup with a lid! Have you tried that?

Is unjury chicken broth the only clear broth on the market with Protein in it? I tried using the Jay Robb unflavored powder in chicken broth (WAY GROSS) did not work. Boo....still have this HUGE expensive jug of Jay Robb and have not found anything I can mix it in where I don't taste it????

I need a broth/soup that has Protein in it. Can't stand the shakes.

What do you mix unflavored Protein Powder in?

Thanks!

I mix my unflavored powder 1 scoop to 1 packet of swiss miss hot chocolate and hot hot Water or milk depending on how much more protein I need for the day. I also mix it into pudding sometimes.

Unjury makes a great chicken broth. I still have an entire can of it just because I was sick of drinking broth but you can use it to make all kinds of Soups.< /p>

I'm going nuts trying to find a unflavored Protein. Is the Unjury any good? I've also looked at Isopure. Any preferences??

There is Swanson chicken and beef broth. My doctor suggested just taking chunky Soup and putting it in a blender for the first two weeks.

As for shakes I find 1/2 banana with vanilla Protein shake powder it good. Gives it a good flavor and some body. Also you may try putting some ice in, they tastes better when cold to me. Else what flavors do you like - blueberries, raspberries, chocolate? Just experiment.

Thanks.

I was kinda going nuts on what brand to buy. I don't want to buy some and not like it. But that is the chance you take I guess. I went ahead and bought some unjury chicken Soup and some Unjury unflavored Protein powder. I also have some Premiere chocolate Protein milkshake here and some EAS Protein drinks....

Now I just need to stock up on some Vitamins.

Hi. I am looking for a truly unflavored, unflavored Protein powder and saw your post. What did you think of the unjury unflavored Protein powder. Can you taste it? Does it have a bad smell?

Thanks so much!

Phyllis, AKA Hopeful Spirit

Thanks.

I was kinda going nuts on what brand to buy. I don't want to buy some and not like it. But that is the chance you take I guess. I went ahead and bought some Unjury chicken Soup and some Unjury unflavored protein powder. I also have some Premiere chocolate protein milkshake here and some EAS protein drinks....

Now I just need to stock up on some Vitamins.

Hi. I am looking for a truly unflavored, unflavored Protein powder and saw your post. What did you think of the unjury unflavored Protein powder. Can you taste it? Does it have a bad smell?

Thanks so much!

Phyllis, AKA Hopeful Spirit

Wish I could help you more, but I was just sleeved Tuesday. And I got home yesterday late afternoon. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. So far I've only tried the Premiere chocolate after surgery and only getting in a few ounces.

Maybe start a new thread and ask. I'm sure others here have tried it! :)

Good Luck!

I have the unjury unflavored AND the chicken broth. I was sleeved on Oct 18th and try to use both as much as i can to get my Protein in. The broth is ok, it's just that you cant make the Water for the broth too hot because it doesnt do well in hot hot Water, and I like my Soup hot. Trying to drink Soup slowly makes it get cold quickly and then it's no longer appetizing to me, so I only make it in ridiculously small batches.

The unflavored has a distinct taste to me. My tastebuds seem super sensitive since being sleeved as well as my sense of smell, so to me it's gross, but kinda tolerable. It gives food a creamy like texture, almost like non-dairy Creamer. I added some to my tea this morning, and was still able to detect that it's in there. The taste isnt that bad, but I find that it alters the flavor of food that Im eating, but again, I'm super sensitive right now and hope that my tastebuds will chill out as the days go on.

Someone suggested a product called bipro to me and she claims that it's the best unflavored Protein out there. I'm not ready to purchase yet, but maybe you can look it up online and decide if you wanna take the plunge.

Good luck!

First and Foremost, CONGRATULATIONS on getting sleeved!! Thanks for the info. Best if luck for a smooth recovery and good luck with getting the liquids down.

Phyllis, aka Hopeful Spirit

Wish I could help you more, but I was just sleeved Tuesday. And I got home yesterday late afternoon. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. So far I've only tried the Premiere chocolate after surgery and only getting in a few ounces.

Maybe start a new thread and ask. I'm sure others here have tried it! :)

Good Luck!

Thank you SO much for the info on unjury and the "tip" aobut bipro. I will definitely look it up. I was sleeved on October 17, so we are almost "Sleeve Sisters." I agree wiht you that tastebudfs do seem different. The bummer is that I developed lactose intollerance after this surgery, AND I am getting really sick of Protein shakes with soy milk, so I am looking for a new liquid way to get my Protein. My program doesn't have me starting solid food until next week. Thanks again, and good luck on your journey!

Phyllis

I have the Unjury unflavored AND the chicken broth. I was sleeved on Oct 18th and try to use both as much as i can to get my protein in. The broth is ok, it's just that you cant make the Water for the broth too hot because it doesnt do well in hot hot Water, and I like my Soup hot. Trying to drink soup slowly makes it get cold quickly and then it's no longer appetizing to me, so I only make it in ridiculously small batches.

The unflavored has a distinct taste to me. My tastebuds seem super sensitive since being sleeved as well as my sense of smell, so to me it's gross, but kinda tolerable. It gives food a creamy like texture, almost like non-dairy creamer. I added some to my tea this morning, and was still able to detect that it's in there. The taste isnt that bad, but I find that it alters the flavor of food that Im eating, but again, I'm super sensitive right now and hope that my tastebuds will chill out as the days go on.

Someone suggested a product called BiPro to me and she claims that it's the best unflavored protein out there. I'm not ready to purchase yet, but maybe you can look it up online and decide if you wanna take the plunge.

Good luck!

I've used almond milk to make my shakes, just to try and find a different flavor to see if it would be more appetizing. Not!