Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 month/24.5 week update

So, I mentioned a few days ago that I had the big 24 week checkup today for little Miss Tatum and myself for the pregnancy and stated I would post an upate for those that have been following our progress in the pregnancy. While I understand this is not the pregnancy forum, this is my home, I do not post regularly on the pregnancy forum because it's just you guys so that's my purpose for sharing here, and for any other mommies-to-be post-VSGers that have questions of concerns.

Thus far, we are both thriving. She is weighing about 8-10oz heavier than what she should. My labs have remained stellar in regards to metabolic panels, CBC and all Vitamin levels. The clotting disorder is being managed by the aspiring therapy. My platelet functions, and numbers have stabilized and with this update, I will be able to have an epidural for the c-section rather than having to undergo general anesthesia.

I have officially gained 18-19lbs at this point, and every one of my doctors from my surgeon to both of my ob's are elated, and think I am doing fabulous in that department. Admittedly, I am not working out, exercising, walking, or doing any more or less activities than I was pre-pregnancy. I am probably going to start swimming a couple of times a week because I am having hip pain due to the weight distrubution to my belly, and it's throwing everything off.

Today, was the glucose test appointment. However, after much discussion, my ob decided to err on the side of caution and have me do at-home glucose testing at home for 2 weeks. I will poke myself 4 times daily after my largest meals of the day, and then log my numbers for 2 solid weeks. This will determine my gestational diabetes status. For those not familiar with glucose tolerance testing, I would have to chug a shot of icky Fluid that consists of 75gr of sugar in one whack, on most days, I never even consume that much sugar throughout the entire day. My ob called my surgeon discussed with him the best action plan and this is what they've come up with for my case. Sleeve patients can indeed do the standard test. The issue is transit time due to the shape of the stomach. The liquid goes in, hits the pylorus and empties into the intestine. There is no big tummy for it to sit in and seep through slowly. So, the results could be skewed, or wrong. Least to say, while I am not excited about poking myself, I am very grateful that my medical team is doing the very, very best to make sure my body is not suffering through this pregnancy. The main concern is that Tatum is a chunky baby already so that is a sign of early gestational diabetes.

As for all the other stuff. I've still had very few issues with the pregnancy. My main complaint is hip pain. I've dealt with the weight regain, and while it still messes with my head, I'm better today than I was a month ago.

Tatum is extremely active, kicks my bladder around 5am every morning, and she gets extremely active after I eat super spicy food. She also is not a fan of electronic devices being put on my tummy, she kicks off the remote, and cordless house phone which amazes my husband. The ob's typically have to chase her around for a good heartbeat count, and ultrasounds have been tricky to say the least.

I don't have new pictures of Tatum, but will on the 28th, and then I have a 3d scan scheduled for August 8th so we'll have more pictures at that time.

Here are my 2 most recent pictures of the ever growing baby bump which is now impossible to conceal. She's way up high, and sometimes I feel a foot moving up into my abdominal cavity. She stretches a lot, and I can see little alien baby movements under my skin which is pretty cool considering I could not see that with my 1st pregnancy because I was too fat to see anything except fat rolls.

Main physical changes noted to date: Way bigger Boobies again YAY YAY, obvious HUGE Belly. My butt is still narrow, but kind of gotten a bit round, my hips have gotten a bit wider with the weight gain. My face, and neck are still thin, as are my arms and legs.

22 weeks (2 weeks ago)

259974_10150298482791418_744801417_9401016_6642428_n.jpg

24 weeks (just a couple of days ago) Ignore the funky wrinkles along my back. These maternity pants are too big, and the panel is only mid-rise so it bunches up everywhere hence the funky patterned shirt in attempts to hide it.

267772_10150310224171418_744801417_9536027_3061212_n.jpg

Super cute! I am only 2.5 weeks post-op, so I am definitely not in your same position, but I started perusing the Pregnancy forum bc I so want to have kids. Thanks for sharing your story and making me feel hopeful and excited about it, rather than simply terrified.

You look adorable!

Wow, you are such a radiant woman! I hope I look half as good when I am pregnant. Thank you so much for sharing the update. I love hearing about you and Tatum's progress.

Sounds like you are doing great!. As for testing daily-that is so much better than having to drink that glucose Syrup crap. My family history of diabetes always required me to do the test multiple times during my pregnancy but I never got the gestational diabetes....It reared its ugly head later in life. Depending on your testing device, use the side of the fingers and using a different one each time instead of the pads, You will not have to have the setting very deep and it would be less painful. Wishing you the best!!

You are darling!!!!!! Can't wait to see that baby girl!

Oh you're so cute!! Great info for those who are considering having children post op. Good luck to you and Tatum!